skymama

Hey guys- what's sexier?

Thanks for the input guys...you know it's one of those "I want to respect your feelings...but c'mon, they gyno doc sees me there regularly and THAT'S not a problem!" LOL! I think I'll be more embarrassed by it then anything...kinda weirds me out sitting there in that position for a stranger, but I think it'd be worth it. Anyway...thanks for the ideas guys :)
Pammi

Pammi, thanks for posting that site on piercing jewlery. I just checked it out, and it's incredible! Now I'm even more impatient for mine to heal up, so I can get that gold stud with the sun. And the blue enamelled flower. And the black niobium twister. And the... crap... that's a lot of jump tickets right there.
-WC

tatoo stretching... well, heres my .02 cents. Right now im a young girl, I am by no means overweight, and im pretty damn happy w/ my body. So i got two tatoos that i really loved w/out letting the whole stretching thing be an issue. The way that i see it is like this: If i ever get to be a 'big' person, then im not going to be wearing the clothes that i wear now. If I ever get pregnant i wont be wearing baby tees, ill leave them for my little girl :) I love my tatoos, they mean a hell of a lot to me, and they do get the guys interest too ;) hehe. but seriously, i have no problems w/ the fact that i have tatoos on my stomache/side/back. Its who i am. and when im 80 years old and some nurse goes to take care of me, shes gonna see them and I believe that it will kinda say to her "this old lady was a young girl once. I wonder what else she did?" Too many old people are seen as just that~old. Ive done it before, we all have. So im actually glad that i might make that 20something nurse think twice about this old lady (in 60 years!)

I couldn't have said it better Froggie. That is exactly how I feel about my tats (and in 60 years, maybe we'll both be there as 80 year olds together:)One thing to add is that if I do decide I don't like them anymore (which will never happen) then by then the technology will have advanced so that I probably pay a dime to walk into a lazer light room, it flashes, and my tats be gone. (I'm exaggerating but you get the idea.) So I always laugh when people say "it's permanent." It isn't. These days, not even the features you were born with are *permanent* with all the surgery going on. I personally intend to keep all my original parts for the rest of my life:)Much love and blue skies,
Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/

Laser??? what? did I hear my name? I said it once and I'll say it agian, come on down and i'll remove any unwanted tatoo for FREE!!!!!( however there is the chance of removing the limb or part it was on ) but come on folks we're all risk takers here right!!!:)jason

Here is my bit on tattoos and peircings. The belly is one of the worst places for blood flow so it will take a long time to heal. Also if you are going to do things that stretch that part of your body it may rip or start to bleed again. AS for the tattoos I just got my first a few months ago, just remember that this is for you no one else. Get something that means a hell of a lot to you and that may or may not mean something to everyone. I wanted the same design for a year before I did it. I wanted to be sure.
Blue Skys and Safe Landings
Albatross

LOL @ Whiskeychick! I hear ya! Like I said, I want this new tat also that Merrick designed for me, but it's so many jump tickets! Gonna have to ask for it from my Mom or something...she might get it for me :) But they have some really cool stuff on that site...can't wait for the tongue to heal to get some of it. Good luck with the navel ring!!
Pammi

froggie...you really have an excellent point on your tats in 60 yrs. I guess my only concern is that if you don't care who sees them from now until then, it doesn't matter! Some people are, and will be in, professions that a tattoo seen by someone will NOT help their progress any. For instance, if you have a job where cocktail parties with the boss/executives require you to wear a dress, some tats can show and, later in life, just don't give the same message that they did when you were 20.
If this is the case, then you will have to make the decision on what is more important! That is the only thought I have on the issue.
However, I'm not sure if I said it before, but the butterfly tat and the japanese writing tat on my ex-gf were pretty cool, none-the-less. Although I am VERY glad that my wife doesn't have anything like that. I just don't want to try and get turned on when I'm 80 and see this wrinkled, stretched, faded flab of skin looking at me. Cuz from what I've heard, it is hard enough to be "hard enough" when yer 80! :)
Just trying to keep it real folks!
cielos azules..
Brandon and Laura
http://home.woh.rr.com/brandonandlaura/
a work in progress

Interesting outlook mountainman. While I agree that a girl looks much better without any of those tattoos or piercings, I believe that it is solely their decision. Besides, it might be better than you think once they get it. As for what it will look like in 60 years, I guess it just depends on the girl. Some people don't seem to show age as much, not that I'm saying 80 year olds look good or anything, but you never know, when you are 80 you might think your girl looks quite sexy with a tattoo, even if it is a little faded and wrinkled.
Safe landings,
Alex D-23912

Some people are, and will be in, professions that a tattoo seen by someone will NOT help their progress any.

Excellent point.. In my line of work, visible tattoos are highly frowned upon.. Professional pilots are generally pretty conservative when it comes to appearance - the airlines don't want it any other way.. Even if I were in a different line of work, I wouldn't take part in any kind of self-mutilation.. For some, it's cool - not for me.. Hell, some women even look pretty hot with piercings or small tattoos..
I almost got a tattoo a couple years ago, but backed out.. Well, the main reason I backed out is because the tattoo was part of a package deal with an 8 year enlistment in the USMC.. :)Mike

You are right about that some girls look good with tattoos. Like I said, there's an ex that had two and they were sweet! But, I can't think of any 80 yr olds that don't really show their age.
I guess that the whole "I'm 20 and I'm going to show my true self" thing is kind of something that only 20-somethings go through. Because when you are 42 and trying to move ahead in your career (too be able to jump more), a tattoo just doesn't say "I'm qualified". And, just like aviatrr said, "visual tattoos are highly frowned up". I think that this theory holds true in many careers. Although, if you are going to do something where it doesn't matter, then, hey, go for it. But like I said before, I am glad that my wife isn't mutilated. I love her just the way she is:)