freaksister

Where to go?

OK fellow dz.comers...I am enlisting your help. The Sis is moving. Where yet, she doesn't know. She's leaning toward the east, say north Florida, the Carolinas, Virginia...Mississippi (New Orleans)...So all of you from all over try to sell me on your dz's and your cities/towns. I need a good college nearby and don't mind large cities. LA, NY and Houston are out of the question.
Oh yeah, said DZ must be able to handle the Freaksis. Skydive Dallas is cool because there we blow up cars, burn pool tables and furniture, and get fucked up as often as possible! It can't be a tame place!!
So please, give me some ideas!!
"What we're all really seeking is something where we can feel the rapture of being alive."J.Campbell

I wouldn't even dream of selling you on my drop zone because we don't burn cars on bonfires there (not too often anyway) but there are some pretty decent options in Virginia if you're interested. You could go to Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, or UVA in Charlottesville and you'd be reasonably close to Skydive Orange (about 1-1 1/2 hours I think, although Charlottesville may be even closer). I've never been to Skydive Orange, but from everything I've heard it's out of control. It's also a hardcore freefly dropzone. On the other side of the state you've got ODU (affectionately known as Old Dummy Onion) which is about an hour from West Point. West Point is a pretty wild place too from what I've heard, but it's a hardcore RW dropzone instead of freefly. There are also some smaller universities that are a bit closer to West Point, such as CNU and maybe some others.

Yeah I have heard Orange and STP were both wild ass dz's. I still want to work on my sitflying, but I want to get a lot better at my RW right now...besides I have a bet going about that.
Texas skydivers are by far the craziest in the world...After a day at the DZ, you just write the weekend editon of "As the Prop Turns..." Because there is SO much drama!!
Well I am not making my decision tomorrow, so I have plenty of time to visit and travel around to narrow down my choices. I am not necessarily moving somewhere forever either, just a year or so to finish my degree and then who knows where the wind shall take me?
Oh yeah...

You're in Texas.WHY LEAVE?!"

BECAUSE I CAN! hehe ;) You gotta live life to the fullest, man...take chances, meet new people, live in new places!
Sis
"What we're all really seeking is something where we can feel the rapture of being alive."J.Campbell
Edited by freaksister on 5/22/01 12:55 PM.

DON'T GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Or head east just to DALLAS!!
The fun of skydive Dallas would be decimated by your loss!

You suck :( At least Dallas is do-able (hush everyone *lol*) and closer to OSC then Florida for heaven's sake!! You're not allowed to go, so there! LOL!
"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live."
http://trak.to/skydivechick

Yo check it out! My grandmother (of all people) suggested I buy a trailer/motor home thing and cutaway for the summer!! Then I could decide where I wanted to actually move. I was like, you are DA BOMB!! Of course I could just take the Pimp Mobile then I wouldn't have to buy anything!
God the thought of doing something like that just ROCKS MY WORLD like nothing has in a long time!!!(well that depends on what the subject is, hahahahahaha)
Sis

where ever ya end up sis let us know.........we'll warn the locals............seriously, good luck on the search. wish i had a dz to call home in the states to sugest but i don't...... whereever ya go i'm sure you'll make it a little more crazy...and ya know they say even the most quite person in a crow will become crazy around the right people, ya can turn a whole dz to the dark side!!!!!!!

"if dreams are like movies, then memories are like films about ghosts"-counting crows

Hey freaksister,
Let me know if you're ever in Virginia. I jump at STP (West Point, VA). We have a twin otter that typically goes to 14K, indoor packing, plumbing, a clubhouse for crashing in, nice big hangar for partying in & bands sometimes etc.
This weekend we are going to have a CASA! And we'll have free beer at night, plus 16-ways, and probably some raft dives (an old Memorial Day tradition at STP)
It's a great bunch of people here who'll make you feel right at home. Also Carol (the Queen) Clay jumps here.
This weekend there'l probably be a bonfire & maybe some fireworks.
And yes, its mostly a RW dropzone, but we have our own groups of freeflyers too.
Speed Racer
Brew Skies

UGA GA TECH etc babe- all the way Ga tech has skydiving club as well. We need extra altitude.

Don't forget Southern Tech, GSU, and loads of other schools around here. What are you trying to study?
The GA Tech skydiving club is pretty large. They jump at my DZ, and get reduced rates. I believe they have all their own gear, so you don't have to rent until you get your own (not an issue for you). One day they had something like 65 people at the DZ doing a 1st tandem.
The Dutchboy
http://www.geocities.com/ppolstra

Sis, if you're at all interested in the Carolinas, Columbia has 1 decent university and four dropzones w/in a 2 hour drive. I've only been to one of the DZs but with four to choose from you're almost guaranteed to find one with the right mix of freeflying and RW experts. Charleston is also relatively close to 3 dropzones that I know of and has some good colleges.
Another idea is the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area in NC. Wake Forest, Duke, UNC, and NC State are all good schools so you're bound to find at least one that's strong in the program you're majoring in. It's also between Carolina Sky Sports (you know, the one whose CASA seems to be in half of the videos you see) and Raeford. Not to mention that you'd be very close to the Golden Knights, too!
I don't know if any of the Carolinas DZs are as crazy as yer Texas DZ but maybe if you set the proper example for them, they would get the idea. ;)
Blues, squares,
PTiger

oh now, I guess I should be honest...we don't blow up cars all the time! Geezus, we do set furniture and solid objects on fire...but really!! hehehe But the thing is that the cool peeps at that DZ accept anyone who comes along, and they don't ask questions.
In GA last weekend I jumped one of the CSS CASAs!! hehe
I am SO ready to do it again! They rule!
Much Love,
sis

hey Sis, you should probably bag all that southern right coast stuff and head up here to the beautiful pacific northwest. 3 DZ's around Portland and I think there's some schools around here to! My home DZ needs some more wild and crazy young ladies :) Mike