riggergreg

Fliteline Systems

Stunts was started by Shooby Knutson. A few years ago, Jesse Rodrigues bought into the company. After Shooby's personality ...-off all the production staff, Stunts was left a bunch of incomplete Eclipse rigs, but no staff. So they asked Fliteline to finish building the incomplete rigs. Now it looks like Ray Ferrel is taking over Reflex production.

I got an email from Ryan Gifford (manager of ActionAir/Flitesuit) today telling me that they have bought Fliteline's assets (ie they have not bought the company itself). They will NOT be continuing to make Fliteline's harness/containers but WILL be honouring obligations to Fliteline System's existing client-base.
Hope this helps clear things up a bit.
/s

They will NOT be continuing to make Fliteline's harness/container systems...

So what does that mean for those of us who OWN Reflexes? Will this hurt our ability to maintain our equipment? Resale value? Anyone have any idea?

Resale on a Reflex is currently in the gutter; where I work we're selling used ones for $400 op less. The resale value has been steadily going down ever since Fliteline did their 40% off deal in '99 - made it real hard to sell a nice used one for $700-800 when people could order a new one for about the same price. Resale value started tanking even worse when the whole grommet thing happened. So even when someone starts building replacement parts I don't see their value going back up.
Once replacement parts are available I'd recommend that all Reflex owners pick up a spare reserve p/c, p/c cap, bridle and freebag at a minimum - just in case! "Universal" cutaway and reserve handles and main risers/toggles/dbag/pilot chutes are currently available aftermarket so those won't be hard to find, but there is always a chance that whoever starts building the reserve parts may stop. Even if you never need them, including them when you sell the rig should help a bit with the resale.
Oh yeah! If anybody is in need of a Reflex reserve p/c (only - no freebag or bridle) let me know! I have one in my closet; it has two popped stitches that a good rigger could easily fix and I'll let it go "cheap"! ;)
pull and flare,
lisa