DZBone

dz.com Record Attempt

I-4 or I-95??? it's easy from both roads... there is a bunk house, Holiday Inn and Comfort Inn are down the road a mile or two and offer skydiver rates. There are a couple of skydivers that also rent rooms out per night -- call the Dz if you are interested in that.

Dave, do you jump in Deland? I looked at your profile and it said Troy, NY. We didn't mean to exclude you from our little boogie. If you're around, please join us!
How good are you at flicking bottle caps? :D
Andrea
"Up high, I feel like I'm alive for the very first time"

Working on my accuracy is next....

Hey Mama...do what we did in my flat at uni...put a tall box (a large piece of cardboard can suffice, or anything similar) in a corner of your house...and aim for the hole:o!!
And Geek is right...aim with your elbow...if that is the way you were taught!!(remember..flick your fingers, don't throw w/ your arm)
16'3" is not bad...when you get to around the 20' mark...step up!!;)
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Pyke:P
NZPF A - 2584

LOL! Thanks for all the help, guys! Jt had better watch out now!
I think I'm doing pretty good now, because when I started they were actually going backwards. :P I tried to practice tonight, but my arm is killing me from doing it so much. I think I'll have to ice it down or something!
Andrea

my arm is killing me from doing it so much. I think I'll have to ice it down or something!

Wait....we're still talking about flicking bottle caps, right? And you did mean ice down your arm, right??
Sorry, prepositions confuse me :S
cielos azules y cerveza fría
-Kevin

HEY, I can fling a bottle cap really far and on target.
Would that help a dz.com record attempt here in TEXAS?
I am in!! But, I am thinking hybrid dive. I havent done RW stuff for over 250 jumps. I guess I could break my record and definately get Zennie on it, and Ramone, and my other buds who post here. Maybe we will put our three tubes in it and have our record be a big way freefly, suitable for framing, Parachutist cover, stuff like that.
When is it?
Clear Blue and Extra Alt,
AirAnn
http://www.AirAnn.com

My living situation is a little convoluted right now... My home is in Troy, NY. But I'm on a temporary job assignment in New Smyrna Beach (florida). My four-way team trains at Cross Keys in NJ, so I'm all over the place. I do get out to DeLand every once in a while. I may try to get out there the 14 (since we're not training). hey, check out our web site http://www.teamjetstream.com... I was never to good a flicking bottle caps. I can bean someone in the back of the head with a peanut pretty good though.

Hey Dave-
Hope we see you at the dz, but make it the 4th, not the 14th or you'll miss us. I'm going to check out your webpage now.
That peanut beaning might come in handy...that could help me get back at my brothers for all of the torture they put me through while growing up! :D
Andrea

Bone,
I just checked the video from last Saturday's 21 Way. It was Chaz' 200th for one. 16 of us got in on the weedwacker and I counted 5 dz.com'ers in the formation. At least those that are registered as having Elsinore as their home. This may count unless somebody has something else....and yes, Chaz1234 still owes bier in green bottles. Shoulda been there.

I just checked the video from last Saturday's 21 Way. It was Chaz' 200th for one. 16 of us got in on the weedwacker and I counted 5 dz.com'ers in the formation. At least those that are registered as having Elsinore as their home. This may count unless somebody has something else....and yes, Chaz1234 still owes bier in green bottles. Shoulda been there.

Yes, I should be there every weekend. That's another story, tho. Props to Chaz!
As far as what the "official" record is, there are no rules here, so what the hell? If you want to claim it, go for it, man!
I would say, however, that standard rules should apply, ie the formations must complete as planned, in sequence, and held for 5 seconds each (10-way or greater) in order to count as a "point". So, for a ten-way group to claim the "largest dz.com formation" at 10, they must build what they dirt dive (no plan Bs), and hold it for at least 5 seconds.
I would also say that in order to be recognized as a dz.com record, the formations can only be made up of registered dz.com users who register at least a week before the date of the claimed record.
Carl
---
Jun, if that's what you want, it's a phone call away.

Now thats going to be a hard one for us at Xenia to match. All the Dz.comer at our DZ are free flyers. Getting a 6 way head down group to turn points is going to be hard...:( Does it count if we launch a five+ way train and turn a single point? Wildblue and I are planing some RRW(Relative Raft Work) later this year... might have to make it all Dz.comer's to make it an official record or something. :)Whoa... That was cool!