Michele

West Coast DZ.com record attempt

We have been (sort of) discussing the possibility of trying a dz.com record attempt for the West Coast. The date which has been decided is July 28th, 2001. Location is Perris.
The parameters which seem to have been adopted (for other attempts) are:
-dz.cm'ers should be registered as dz.com'ers at least one week prior to the event
-the dive should go as planned
-must do it as a dirt dive first
(these are the ones, I think, from the other post...)
I am thinking that since the date is only several weeks away, we might want to get a "sign-up" thing going on.....I volunteered to do whatever I could to assist, since I won't be in the air with all of you...which means I get the paperwork end.
So, who plans on being there? Could you let me know ASAP? (Or as ASAP as your life and plans allow? - guys, check your calendar...lol)
(as an added incentive, I plan (hah!) on graduating AFF that day, and since I owe sooooo much beer to you guys (but you have to share with my instructors at the school....), I have made a budget for that, too - now, just to find a way to keep 4 cases cold.)
ciel bleu-
Michele
Edited by michele on 7/12/01 10:02 AM.

A boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Much hugs, love, and joy to you and your wife, and your son. I am thrilled for you. I guess I have to haul out the dreaded, dangerous knitting needles and get a couple of baby blankets going for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (FYI, I knit better than I skydive - lol)
Oh, Carl. I am truly ecstatic for you and your wife.
Many blessings - and many blue skies
Michele

Thanks, guys!

what are you going to name him?

That's the thing. We had a girl's name picked out (Katherine Elizabeth), but haven't thought of a boy's name yet. Katherine and Elizabeth were names my mother always wanted to have for her daughters. She ended up with three boys, so it looks like it will have to wait another generation! lol!
I want to go with some cool name, like Niko, but my wife is worried about giving it a "trendy" name that will sound stupid in twenty years. Good point, I guess.
Anyhow, new ultrasounds pix on the Web tonight, if you're into that kind of thing!

Sin, we have a mix of low- and medium-timers, so no worries, we'll get you in. If you can, practice exits, stability and docking cleanly. If you can do some basic 4-ways w/Skydive U, you should be in good shape. We're going to keep things simple, no doubt.
Carl
P.S. Javelin, huh? Better than VooDoo, I guess! Hey, how about Icarus? Oooooh!

Wow, our first forum baby!!
That is cool. I hope everyone concerned (ie. mother and baby) are doing well. While one recovers, the other one has so much to look forward to...and will hopefully one day put on a rig and jump out with dad in tow!!
Congrats on fatherhood.
Name suggestions: Sangiro ...DZ...FreeFallFreak...Skreamer...Grogs...Wingnut...SkymonkeyONE...BenW...pyke...Macauley...Zennie...OmriMon
What do you think???:DHA!
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Pyke:P
NZPF A - 2584

Carl,
Congratulations! When is your DDay? Dec. 5th. I believe "Shark" would be an excellent name for the 'lil fella. Will you be the one to "cutaway" the cord? If so, you may borrow my hook-knife.:o
BTW, if we are to jump at Perris, it must also be out of the Super Shark otter....

The key to this whole thing is that it must build and break off safely.
Who's load organizing this thing?
Who has some experience with newbies in mini-ways?
I'll be available to shoot it, but we need to make sure everyone's capable and safe.
Paul
futurecam.com/skydive.html

Paul, the plan is to start small and build it up. I agree with you, it could get zooey and dangerous very quickly.
I'm planning on organizing at least one of the groups, and am hoping to get one or two other experienced organizers.
Ideally, we would start with two or three small groups to determine levels, and get practice working together. Once we feel comfortable with that, we can start combining groups into larger formations.
Anyway, I'll send you an email so we can discuss the other secret strategies off line. ;)
Thanks.
Carl

I will be there. Small group like 4-6 ways sound like the way to go. I don't think that we are going to be doing many points in that large formation.
CONGRATULATIONS on the baby boy. Another future skydiver I hope.
Ready, Set, GOOOOOOO
Albatross
Edited by Albatross on 7/12/01 06:55 PM.

We will be in Corona and were planning on jumping there anyway on that day, have to visit inlaws (the other relative work). Wont be doing large formations but fun jumps and 4-ways sound like fun as long as you don't mind low timers (70/30 jumps).
cya
Teresa and Kevin

Heya folks,
I've been watching this idea evolve for a while..... It sounds like you are now getting a critical mass together to actually pull it off. :)
I will be in crunch mode to wrap up my current project at work by 8/2 so there's no way I'm going to make it down there, as much as I would have liked to. Let me know how I can help. I'd love to run a story on this, post some photos and video clips if Paul come up with them.... we'll start tracking the current Dropzone.com record somewhere on the site as well.
So... anyway I can help in the run-up or after?
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I've been watching this idea evolve for a while..... It sounds like you are now getting a critical mass together to actually pull it off. I will gladly support this but I'm with Paul and Carl on this one - I'd rather see a safe Dropzone.com 4-way than an unsafe 10-way. But I know I'm preaching to the choir.........

Yeah, I was thinking about that myself regarding the range of experience. Looks like we'll end up doing an LO between low/high. I'll be happy to jump with the low-time dotcommers.

Morning, HH
Darn, I was hoping our fearless leader would be there.
I was thinking that if you put something on the front page (?or wherever you think it appropriate), it might help attract interest. I know there are tons of Perris people who read this site, but are not registered; I assume the Elsinore folks do, as well (and uncounted numbers of others in the area). I would really like to be able to reach them, get them registered, and include them in the event if at all possible.
And if you have any suggestions as to the "rules", please let us know. It is, after all, your website record we are trying to claim (o.k., set....)
Also, Carl is the real official head of this (didn't know that, did you, Carl???lol) so I am leaving all the important decisions to him. I'm just the indian, he and Quade are the chiefs....(I just promoted Quade!).
Thanks for your support in this. :)Ciel bleu-
Michele
Edited by michele on 7/13/01 08:57 AM.

Who's load organizing this thing?
Who has some experience with newbies in mini-ways?

I guess Carl is.... Depending on the experience level, I can jump with then newbies, in either a 2 way or simple 3 way. Even a Grip-grab-geek skydive should be fun. Just make sure your tracking skills are good. :)