pyke

Plans for the looong weekend?

We'll have to ride in a friends van cause a houseful of kids won't fit in my mustang,

glad to hear that....on a side note, haven't you ever seen the 10 clowns in a VW bug skit???? you could fin em in there, i bet 3 would fit in the trunk.....now are we talking about little munchkins or the bigger more anyoing 12-15 year old group, the older ones are harder to get to go into the trunk....

"up my noooossseee"- wingnut, at first euro dz.com boogie

Jump and try really hard not to think about my cutaway I had a year ago today. Probably won't work and I'll get all nervous since I am nervous about it already and it is only Friday, but I'll jump anyway.

Lisa, I had this exact problem on August 19th! I went to the dz, and didn't remember about my year anniversary of my cutaway until I was already there. I started talking to one of my friends about it and was really fretting over the bad karma and everything about the day. Finally he said, " if you're so worried about it, forget about the main and just pull the fucking reserve handle!", and then he started laughing and it made me realize how ridiculous I was being. And, I went on to have 3 of my best jumps and landings ever on that day! I hope you have the same results.
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

The redhead?! What have I missed Kris?!

Heh. I guess you have been out of the loop for a while. I met this girl about a year ago and the timing was just off. About two weeks back she calls just to make sure that "I have her new number because she just moved and she wanted to be sure that I had it". Umm, yeah, right. :)She's a little goth girl (big plus) with a good heart but she's a bit whacko from time to time and has some issues she needs to deal with. All-in-all, she's fun and damn sexy but has absolutely no desire to come check out the DZ or see me jump.
I give this one about two more weeks... max.
Kris

Wingie,
Yes, I've seen the skit and with the top down we wouldn't even have to put anyone in the trunk, but then I would have to stay sober and that just ain't going to happen.
Andrea,
Thanks for the vote of confidence...I need it as I have dreamed about this for several weeks now with the results always being the same...BAD. It just sorta feels like deja vu since I got the reserve repacked the Friday before (my reserve is being packed as we speak) and had the cutaway on Monday which is when I can jump.

Hey, Lisa

I have dreamed about this for several weeks now with the results always being the same...BAD.

I had the same problem with the dream part. And then I talked to... yes, you guessed it, Skygod ED!!!!! Know what he told me? "Good" Huh? I ask. "Yeah, good. If it's gonna go bad, might was well have it happen in your dreams and not out there" and he points to the sky. :)ciels-
Michele
"What of the dreams that never die? Turn to your left at the end of the sky".
~e e cummings~

I think I am going to have to adjust my plans slightly:
Today - still driving to SDD. Will be late so find a place to sleep.
Saturday - raining. Sun might shine, might dry out runway enough for plane to take off...but I will still be finding a rigger to my gear back together and repack the reserve.
Saturday - probably weather holds all day, drink early, get toasted. Sleep in waterproof tent!
Sunday - who knows? JUMPING?? hope so. If it has rained too much it won't matter because of the damn runway. Drink a lot and still plan on attending the Hawaiian Luau. Ruin grass skirt by getting it muddy. Where is Jessica dammit? We need to drink a beer together!! Sleep in tent.
Monday - I have no idea. rain? sun? jumps? drive home early? a lot depends on my hangover...
Slappie, I know how you feel...weather forecast is yucky!!
Mouth, from what I hear, you won't be sitting at the pool looking at the sky being mad because its supposed to rain there too. On the other hand, that will make you mad too. Wine is still in order.
I lust for the ultimate rush...

We are doing a fundraiser at our dz next weekend for a "family" member who was hurt a couple of months back. One of the competitions we are having is the Zoo Load (craziest fun jump). So this weekend I get to practice launching a 6 foot blow up shark out of a C-206 with 3 other people, while dressed in a snorkel set, flippers, bikini and grass skirt!!! :D I'm not sure the 206 is even 6' long, so the video should be quite interesting! :D

Sorry to hear that Kris! Had hoped you'd found some new red-headed skychick in your students to hook up with! But hey, you are having fun right now, and that's what counts right! Who knows...she might surprise you :) I think I've actually heard about that one before...that's not the one who speaks to God is it?
Hemp/skydiving jewelry pics!

that's not the one who speaks to God is it?

ARGH! You had to bring up the psycho, didn't you? :)Kris's personal rules for dating:
1. If she's not over 23, she's not for me.
2. No more southern baptists.
3. See 1 & 2
Kris

got room in your tent for a poor drunkin Texan from Houston? I might make the trip up if you get me directions. I can definetly not jump at my DZ and at least up there I might get some sun and be able to watch others jump. Plus I'll have someone to drink beer with. I can also get the h*ll outa this swamp!!
My New Website with 24hr Chat

"You had to bring up the psycho, didn't you?"

Bwahahaha!! Oh man Kris, I hear ya on that one. I had a girl do almost the exact same thing to me when I was 19, said I was "taking away from her time with God!" LOL - What, he came down from the cosmos and stopped by the house Saturday & you weren't home, he called you up & the line was busy?!? Well, maybe we should start a club or something, I thought I was the only one to get the God diss. LOL
Don't know when we'll be getting back out to OSC, hopefully next weekend (that is if a certain phone call hasn't put us back on the DZO's shit list). Anyway, if we do make it, I won't be jumping (obviously), but hopefully Pam can get in a few! :)Oh yeah... disclaimer: (as I pull on the right pant leg of my flame suit) I am in no way degrading or ridiculing anyone involved in Christianity. I was a die-hard Christian myself at the time of this incident & I STILL thought it was BS!
"If words were wisdom, I'd be talkin' even more.."

Saturday morning, Wake up at around 7:30, shower then procede to whine that no one else is up yet.

I'm always up that early....you just need to make my "chaffeur" get me to the dz on time. BTW, thanks for the fish!! Half the box is already gone.
....and then I saw his foot and knew I had to make him mine:)