pyke

Plans for the looong weekend?

Friday! - I Pack the Rocco. I drive 6 hours south to Prince George. I arrive, meet my brotha.
SATURDAY! - I wake folks up at the DZ in the morning. I jump all day at the grand prix student comp. convince brotha to jump, won't work. Drink, sleep in tent at DZ.
Sunday and monday are basically the same. Which is excellent.
Love you all.
A.

Friday - spend the day w/Doreen, won't be seeing her for a couple a weeks :(
Saturday - catch a plane a 6:30 (am!) to sunny, southern California! ya! Jump ass off. :)Sunday, Monday - continue to jump rest of ass off, including the epic Michele-has-her-A-license jump! :)Tuesday - long drive to work. :(

Well Friday afternoon I'm hoping that we don't get the thunderstorms I've heard mentioned and that the "breezy" in the forecast isn't TOO breezy so I can get a jump or two in. Saturday morning we have our lake club end of the year party with swimming races and dive contests and bbq chicken then we are getting all decked out and heading off to the Jimmy Buffett concert at Great Woods to drink lots of margaritas and party the night away. Sunday I'm hoping I'm not too hung over to get a bunch of jumps in before we head off to the pig roast and guiness keg fest at our S&TA's farm. Sleeping over there in a tent and hoping I can manage to get up Monday and make it back to the dz to make some more jumps! :)BTW... I'm envious of the Matchbox 20/train concert, too! I wanted to go to that when they were up here. :(
Skies,
D :P

Hmmm... Here's my agenda:
Friday: Sushi with the redhead at noon, run by the mall to take care of some errands then drive like a madman to the DZ. Help pack up the student rigs left over from last weekend and then chill.
Saturday: Sleep until the DZO kicks me off of the couch and points me towards the shower. Hopefully someone shows up with breakfast by the time I'm out because I hate going on the breakfast run.
9:30, help with the first-jump course then when they're done I'll grab the pilot and start flinging them out like the IAD-madman that I am.
After sunset, head to dinner with the crew, come back, partake of the frosty beverage of life then sleep.
Sunday: See Saturday
Monday: Damn! 40 students! Monday is going to be a killer day. We have a big church group coming and I hope we have enough packers.
After the day is over, I'll cash out for the weekend and I should have hopefully made enough to pay for my new reserve.
Now, you want to know what the REALLY sad part about this whole thing is? I CAN'T JUMP!!! ARRRGGGHH! The largest staff canopy we have is a Sabre 170 in a Mirage G3 and while I'll wear it while I'm flinging the students, it's too damn small for me to try landing at my experience level. Yeah, I probably could land it all right but then again, I have no urge to femur-in any time soon. Like the quote says, "It's one thing to tempt fate, it's another to bitch-slap her."
Let's all say a prayer so that my Heatwave 190 and my new Mirage G3 UNISYN get here FAST!
Kris

MONKEY CLAW LABOR DAY JAM!!! WHOO HEEE!!
Friday morning.. leave the ambulance hall at 6 am when im off duty. wander home. eat & sleep. Get up at 9, make it to the dz by 9:05 :) Get gear, assemble it, pack it. manifest (those who know me know that theres a LOT of steps in between that!). If weather is good, Doing another H&P from 13'5 with Damo. have a 2 way belly jump planned with a friend, a coach jump w/ Georgie Gelardi, and im hoping to end the day with a 3 way tracking dive.
oh yeah, did i forget to mention that the rumor mill is saying that were getting a skyvan and a casa this weekend?!?! along with the Caravan and the Frankenotter.... its Turbine heaven!
ah, weather gods be with us! its a monkey claw weekend.. no rain please!
kel

ahhhh my weekend......
get off work aboyt 2pm...pick up rental car, drive 250 miles to perris. drink!
sat. praticipate in 20 way skills camp, make dz.com jump. drink more beer!!!1
sun. 20 way camp again, some fun/sit jumps and drink more beer.
mon. drive 250 miles back to las vegas and find out that i spend less money on juming over the weekend than my coworkers lost on the blackjack table and feel really good!!!

"up my noooossseee"- wingnut, at first euro dz.com boogie

My whole weekend is in the toilet!! Got rain forcast through the whole damn thing. Sometimes living in Houston sucks. :( All you wonderful people who get to make jumps this weekend, remember us that are grounded for one reason or another! I will be at the DZ just in case we might be able to get a load in. In between the storms :( wish me luck!
My New Website with 24hr Chat

Congratulations to all of you. Your weekends will be infinitely better than anything I have planned.
The 'Rents in Laws will be in town starting today. The good news is they do not drink and are judgemental ("You can't take the mental out of judgemental"). Monday I am sure I will be embroiled in several great "discussions" on how the weekend went (e.g. "Did you have to mention how much weight my mother gained?").
Do me a favor if you see me this weekend. Shoot me. Thanks in advance. I owe you.
flyhiB|

ROFL Flyhi! I'm sorry! And to all you Texans that are probably screwed this weekend, sorry to you also! I heard on the weather this morning it's been raining like nuts down there!
On the other hand, my weekend isn't going to be any different then those of you not jumping. I'm going up to visit friends and the family this weekend...pay my dues and all. Figure while Merrick is laid up, we'll kill several birds with one stone...take care of all the friends and family while I'm attempting to not jump too much thereby torturing him AND the kids who have to just sit around and watch. However, I will join you guys in some of the festivities...going out with a girlfriend for a 'girls night' Saturday night so I imagine some beer will be drank :)
Have fun you guys, and be safe!
P
Hemp/skydiving jewelry pics!

Tonight:
Cook Italian and drink red wine, allow kids to have company so they will be entertained, watch all the kids in the pool from back porch (still drinking wine), listen to a houseful of laughing girls until all hours of the night continuing to drink wine
Saturday:
Sleep past 7 if possible, hang out in the pool all day, look at the sky and get mad because I ca't jump, start drinking early because I'm mad, order out because I've been drinking all afternoon and don't feel like cooking, take kids to the movie
Sunday:
Try to sleep in again, drink a pot of coffee and look out the window getting really mad because the sun is shining in and I want to jump, hang by the pool until my ex gets the girls at 4 then jump in the car and fly low to the DZ. Night jumps tonight...I probably won't jump but still want to be there. Maybe get some...attention.
Monday:
Jump and try really hard not to think about my cutaway I had a year ago today. Probably won't work and I'll get all nervous since I am nervous about it already and it is only Friday, but I'll jump anyway. Drink a few and head home.

, start drinking early because I'm mad, order out because I've been drinking all afternoon and don't feel like cooking, take kids to the movie

please tell me the movie theater is within walking distance...or you had stopped drink long long before going to the movie.............

"up my noooossseee"- wingnut, at first euro dz.com boogie

Even better, Wingie. We'll have to ride in a friends van cause a houseful of kids won't fit in my mustang, thus she has to drive!!!! I think I did the smart thing when I bout a small convertable as you can't be the designated driver.