Slappie

Will I ever Jump again?

Ok, I don't want to whine but I'm going to anyway! I swear if it's not one thing it's another. My alarm goes off this morning at 6:30am, I hit the snooze.... I roll outa bed and look around... something was strange, there was no sun light... IT'S SO DARK OUTSIDE!!! IT IS RAINING!!! I run to the tv and flip on the weather channel.... 60% chance of rain and a Flash Flood Watch :(>:(:( Looks to me that all 60% of it's over me!
So I sit here drinking coffee and wondering if I should drive to the DZ on the chance it may clear up this morning?
Blue Skies for all of you that have good weather...
My New Website with 24hr Chat

At my dz, we still show up on bad weather days. We sit around and talk or all go into town to catch a movie or something. It's more fun to bitch about the weather with other skydivers who understand!!
Cowboy take me away. Fly this girl as high as you can into the wildblue ~ Dixie Chicks

Slapieme:
I am thinking about driving across town to beat the hell outta your ass.
Shut the Fuck Up!
...Ow..Ouch!........Hey Mom! I didnt say it Limp Bizkit did!!!
Dang it, now I have to call my gangsters to go and do it cause I am on the phone now.
Skydive~Friends~Happiness
AirAnn
www.AirAnn.com

Yeah Slap, I woke up to the sound of thunder and just thought to myself "You gotta be f@$^%ing kidding me!".
Interestingly, the forecasts for Rosharon don't look terribly bad. So I'm gonna head out and hope for a few holes in the clouds. If not, I'll do what sunshine sez and just hang & bitch about the weather. :D
--------
Zennie
"I know the pieces fit. 'Cause I watched them fall away..."
--Tool

Sneaked out to the DZ yesterday and got one in before the weather moved in. Ahhhhhh - I didn't even mind that I had to sit in the "cold spot" on the otter.
Everyone was joking about "forgetting how to fly" , nice 4pnt 9way- but I think I forgot how to land.
I made an unusually low turn (for me) thought, to myself "self, your fixing to break a bone, so get ready" stabbed as hard as I could and popped up about 4 feet to a stand up landing. What a nice move, although totally by accident.
Airrrr -
Fly Your Slot !

Paula>>>>>>>
Get out!!! Hey, I am the only crasher and burner <> lowest flare alive ...... at SpLand!
You arent that .... you are all skill baby!
I am the accidental good lander.
You so KNOW that! LOL
{Newbies: this would be an example of NOT a good thing. ....DO NOY try it at Home DZ..}
Skydive~Friends~Happiness
AirAnn
www.AirAnn.com

I scared myself... the speed I had coming out of that turn was too much for me, and the current storm was on the horizon so, there were NO groundwinds. I panic'd a little...just stabbed. That how people get hurt. Funny, I was sooo concentrating on the skydive, and had a touch of gearfear - but didn't stress over the landing at all- that's what gets you in trouble in our sport, the point where you body hits the ground.
Everyone, please be extremely alert!!
Paula
Fly Your Slot !

I'm stopping by the Army surplus store first to get some BDU's best/cheasest freefly pants you can find!!

Can you find some good freefly pants at a surplus store???? If so, please let me know on what to buy!! I dont want to pay $400 for 2 freefly suits. We are ordering new RW suits, but dont want to get freefly suits yet. Something cheaper would be much better right now.
Thanks! :)--------------
Richmond Boogie pics...

We are ordering new RW suits, but dont want to get freefly suits yet. Something cheaper would be much better right now.

Hell, I use my freefly suit for everything.. If I need to go fast, I'll just jump without a suit.. I've especially learned that jumping a freefly suit for a while, then throwing on an RW suit with booties and trying to fly a 16 way, is not a good idea.. I got into my slot - but I was driving at the formation so damn fast I had to duck underneath, come up on the other side, and work back around to my slot.. :)Mike

MM go to your local Army Surplus store and look for some BDU's make sure there baggy. I bought some none issue Purple and White Camo... Looks freaky in the air and on the DZ! Also make sure they tie at the ankles. Got the idea from Zennie. I made two jumps in them yesterday and they worked great for head down. Plus I found they acually helpped me stay in my sit longer.... To each his own I say... I saw all kinds of different color Camo, from bright yellow, orange, purple blue and the normal green. You may need to call around and see if your stores sell the "colored" camo pants/bdu's
My New Website with 24hr Chat

Hey MM... Pam & I are sort of in the same boat that you two are in.... having to buy two of everything! Here are a few ideas on NEW freefly pants & suits that are about half the price of normal suits!
"Check out these Unisex UFO pants...." Pam & I both got a pair of these, we've only jumped with them a few times & they seem to work excellent, I don't know how well they'll hold up compared to regular FF pants, but they're very sturdy and they have ankle & waist draw-strings. As for an entire freefly suit, you might consider ordering something from someone outside the US. Pam just ordered me a custom freefly suit for my birthday from "Tad's Sportswear" (an Australian based suit manufacturer) for about $150. The Australian dollar is worth about .52 right now, so you can get a $250 - $300 suit brand new for about half the price! Hope this helps!
"Pammi's Hemp/Skydiving Jewelry"