Merrick

Selling Gear...

This question is for all you students out there, or anyone else with any experience in buying/selling used gear.
I'm probably going to buy a new rig sometime in 2002' so I'll be needing to sell my old rig. I'll probably keep my Cypress when I do, so my question is, how easy/hard do you think it would be to sell a complete rig minus the cypress? Oh, and if it helps my rig is a 96' Javelin J4, 96' Sabre 190, and a PD176R (all with about 650 jumps).
Thanks guys!
"Pammi's Hemp/Skydiving Jewelry"

You should be able to move that rig real easy Merrick, with or without the Cypres; I can't keep used bigger (i.e. J3 ) Javelins on the shelf for more than a couple weeks if they are in good shape. Although I'd be a bit worried about a reserve with 650 jumps on it ;)
I'd suggest selling it to someone just off student status... you're being too conservative Clay, that rig would support up to 254 pounds easy...
pull and flare,
lisa

ROFL - well, I obviously didn't mean the reserve had 650 rides.... more like 1 (and it wasn't me).
AggieDave has seen my rig & canopy so he can probably attest that it's in really good shape.... I just know that when I was looking for a rig for Pam & I that I wouldn't even consider one without a cypress & wondered how many other people do this.
"Pammi's Hemp/Skydiving Jewelry"