scottbre

Picture Postin Time

Yeah, that's the same old story.
One of the most striking psychological differences between men & women is body image.
Take a single man or woman. Both might work out in the gym & both might be thinking, "I want to look good."
But when a man thinks that, he really means "I want to look good for women"
Whereas when a woman wants to look good, she has her own idea how she wants to look, & what might be attractive to men is really secondary. So you get women obsessing how to be as thin as a rail (like you see in the catalogs & magazines), even though men don't usually like real skinny chicks.
Speed Racer
"My God! It's full of stars!"

But you've toned up & look great. It's not the weight that matters it's the conditioning & body fat percentage that matters.

Yeah that makes sense. I put on a little extra around the midsection over the last few months (taking computer classes at night, hence no time to exercise, plus drinkng too much beer). Now I'm trying to burn it off, but I don't even have a scale. I'm doing weight training and aerobic exercise, & just going by how much fat I can grab around my midsection. Not worried about total weight at all.
Speed Racer
"My God! It's full of stars!"

One of the most striking psychological differences between men & women is body image.

Every women feels she is overweight and every man feels he is about four sit-ups away from sharing a hot tub with Gwen Stefani.
Is it hot in here, or am I crazy? - Charles Manson
flyhi
B|

Ted: But you've toned up & look great. It's not the weight that matters it's the conditioning & body fat percentage that matters.

Tell the Marine Corps that! They told me I have to loose a bit over 20 pounds. Ok, I have 13% body fat, if I lost 20 pounds of fat I would be in serious danger as health goes...oh-well...
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-

what's that guy on Saturday Night Live, who gave the pep talks to people? I need to be like him....
I'm beautiful, I'm a goddess, I'm the best thing since sliced bread, and gosh darn it, people like me!
(But, I still want to weigh 140!) :D
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.