LawnDart21

Any cool DZ nicknames out there?

This was my first year at Quincy, and well, I jumped everything except the B-24, stayed up everynight drinking till dawn, managed to get 32 jumps in, etc, etc, so when we got back home, the other jumpers I went with started caling me "The Mayor of Quincy", which eventually got reduced to "The Mayor", so when people would ask them, "How was Quincy?" they'd say go ask The Mayor, and hence my nickname was born...... There are others on the DZ, such as "Ewok", "Wildman", "Deadman Walking", etc, etc, what else is out there on DZ.com row for nicknames?
Cheers, Tom (aka The Mayor......)

Speed Racer---same as my nickname here
I'm named after the cartoon character, whom I dressed up as during the 1999 Halloween boogie.
Of course, I'm 37, so its hard to pull that off ...I figure I'm more like the old, has-been, burned-out lecherous drunkard Speed Racer...:D (Of course, Speed Racer would be older than me by now anyway, if he weren't a toon)...
"HEEEEEY TRIXIE! (hic) SIT ON MY LAP & I'LL SHOW YOU HOW TO DRIVE A STICK!!!(hic)"
Speed Racer
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!"

I just had "skymama" embroidered on my new cutaway handle, but one friend just told me it should have been "Princess" since I somehow get everyone to cater to me. :D
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

I earned Shortbus after a low pull on my first coach dive i got so into the jump i just lost track of my altitude my coach said "i thought you were going to be the first person i watch burn in" each time everyone starts to wonder if i should be called shortbus i do something stupid to re-enforce it..
dan
"get on the bus"

I almost got stuck with Biff.....something about trouble landing on my feet????
Thankfully it appears that I have mastered that (finally!) so the name never really took off...
Tina (canopycudler) and I are called the toxic twins....we have a tendency to drink quite a bit.....
Anne

The wonderful and AWOL Tommy Bryant christened me Sluggo after he watched me accidentally hit my instructor while getting a packing lesson from the packer. I broke my instructor's nose but he cut me some slack and asked me to marry him 2 years later. Ain't love grand?

"lil' unit" , "little" and "unit".
all stemming from the first few minutes i spent talking to (what would become) a good friend from OZ. I introduced myself and he just looked @ me and was like "youre a little unit. thats what im going to call you. im going to call you little unit"
S. 2. G. i spent 1 1/2 months with him, almost every day, all day and I dont remember him EVER calling me "kelly".
... i always got a kick out of it when I would hear him yell "UNIT!! UNIT!! WHERE YA AT UNIT?!?" across the dz.
My little corner of the web.

The name 'Scratch' does not come from the skydiving world but rather the motorcycling one. It is a long story but the short version involves the following.
A new Honda VFR750.
A tee shirt
A missing crash helmet
Beer
Ego
and lastly waaaaaaayyyyyyyy too much front brake.:(
I will leave the rest to the vivid imaginations lurking on this forum.

Kris, oh Kris. Where's Kris? Somehow Kris earned the nome "Master D" at the DZ. I believe that is short for the Master o' Disaster. Has something to do with a string of rough landings I believe. Kris, where are you???

That and it seems that most things that he touches, breaks...I seem to remember something about a mirror breaking with him spinning around on a creeper...hmmm.

Okay Mike & Bobby... ;)
Here is how I earned the nickname "Master D":
In one weekend I did the following:
1. Broke a mirror in the creeper area while practicing for a four-way dive.
2. Locked the keys to the change drawer in said drawer.
3. Packed one of our AFF instructors a mal.
That was all it took, the DZO said the name and the name stuck. Sigh. I try to be good, really.
Kris
Well, I did try to back the golf cart through the wall of the hangar last weekend while teaching the FJC, but that's another story...

I get a bit confused with all of mine. Different people from different warps of life call me different things.
Jojoba (from college)
Bobo (old mates)
Brookie - (taken from my surname) Most commonly used, some people on the DZ call me this.
OI is quite common too :(
Rather boring I'm afraid. One of my jumping buddies is called 'Wok smuggler', I have no idea why and have not yet asked him!!