skymama

CA bound?

Hey my friends out in CA!
My best friend and I have been trying to come up with a way to meet somewhere (she lives in OH, I live in FL), and she mentioned that she might have to do business in L.A. in May, and said that I should meet her out there. Woohoo, I've never been to CA!
So, of course I'm thinking that it would be great to jump while she would be working during the day. How close are Perris and Elsinore to LA? Can anyone get off on weekdays to jump with me?
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

I hear both Perris and Elsinore are about an hour out, give or take. Me thinks that a cute female skydiver can probably show up at about ANY dz in the world and somehow find people to jump with. Hell, they might create a boogie to commemerate the event given enough notice. I don't know about Elsinore and Perris though. After all, near LA and all. Just a thought.
Drewfus McDoofus

>How close are Perris and Elsinore to LA?
LA's a big place - could be anywhere from 45 to 90 minutes away.
>Can anyone get off on weekdays to jump with me?
Probably, if there are no fires to put out here. We could set the new Elsinore DZ.com record! (current record, I think, is 1.)
-bill von

Woo Hoo, We'd love to see ya. Will you be here through Memorial weekend? I'll be at California City that weekend. I will be able to leave work around 3:30-4:00 and could meet you at Perris. From downtown L.A. you are looking at about 2 hours worth of driving. Especially with the traffic.
Elsinore and Perris are only about 15-20 min. apart from each other so if you didn't have luck at one, you could go to the other real easy.
SKYDIVING GAVE ME A REASON TO LIVE....

We could set the new Elsinore DZ.com record! (current record, I think, is 1.)

Actually, I think it is 3. Me, Westcoastchica, and Chaz1234...
And I believe WCC locked onto her altimeter at 8 grand and followed it till pull time. :)

Ok, I checked with my friend, and she said she will be in Thousand Oaks. Now how far will I be from the dz's? I don't know if I will be there on a weekend yet or not. It all depends on what her work schedule is, sometimes she does travel on the weekends. I have to work around her schedule, because her company will be paying for our room and car. :P
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

Hey, are there any DZ's between Perris/ Elsinore and the one near Fresno? Just curious since it sounds like it could be a good road trip. Byron... Lodi..... (Marana sounds familiar but that's AZ, isn't it?) Perris.... Elsinore....
I'm not talking about your pig tails, I'm talking about your sex appeal.... hit the road and I'm gone....

Hey, that's my town! If you'd like to get together for a meal let me know. Perris, Elsinore, California City, and Lompoc are all about two hours away. Lompoc is Northwest, Cal City is Northeast, Perris and Elsinore are Southeast. Let me know what the dates are, and I may be able to sneak away to Perris or Elsinore for the day. If it's on a weekend, I'll probably be at Perris anyway. I'd love to meet and jump with you.
:)Steve