skybytch

Now this sucks...

OK I will admit that the airport itself is rather nice, and I am confident that the air traffic controllers are supurb.The neos are lovely as well, But I really dislike having to walk outside usually in the dark, what seems to be 5 miles uphill both ways to catch a damn shuttle to get to the hotels that the airlines put you up in when they overbook a flight, or cancel one. Especially when it's cold and windy.....and the airline has "misdirected" you luggage.

You make that sound like it's a "bad" thing! :D
Chris

LOL..well i have traveled quite a bit over the years, and more so over the last 5. But I have to say that last year was the absolute worst! my luggage was lost in twice on the way to Chicago, once on the way to Hawaii, once on the way home via Houston/Utah. Furthermore, I was directly accross from the Ford Motor Co HQ in Detriot on Sept.11. I did fly home when the airports opened.
All in all no it's NOT a bad thing. I enjoy traveling, I enjoy flying, ah the smell of jet fuel........
It only takes a little pixie dust......

Lisa, If you get a running start, you could make it over the fence before anyone knows you're missing....

Heh. I found the secret gate key so I managed to get to town, borrow the kids house key and make copies.
Weather still sucks though. It was beautiful yesterday.... WTF?
pull and flare,
lisa

Not only that but O'Hare also has a lot of wireless networks in it that are open to play with.... kinda cool to see the data going from the agat station to the main computers.... Sorry... just the geek in me :)I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend... ~3EB

seems everytime I fly into O'hare......I have some kind of trouble. I suppose it could be due tot he fact that it is one of the largest in the world eh? Oh damn and Dallas.....walk 10 miles just to catch your next flight on the same airline? Come on guys keep it simple for those of us that aren't that smart.
:P~~~~~~~~
It only takes a little pixie dust......

Ahhh... Ohare :)
Nothing in the world like running a half mile to the gate from Check with two kids and the max carry on luggage only to realize that you left the child car seat at check in and my flight leaves in 15 minutes.....
DOH!!!!!!!
T-2
No one respects the flame, quite like the fool who's badly burned.......

lots of clouds

We had clouds giving way to mostly blue, with just 10 knots up top ... flying thru and around the clouds today was VERY cool ... while the plane might be just a taxi ride up, I still enjoy the ride!
"Men weren't meant to ride
With clouds between their knees"
Five For Fighting

Hi everyone, I jumped out of a plane today.
IT WAS GREAT!!!!

Deland was really hopping today! We left early as Lynn's sinuses have not fully recovered, but at 1415 they had already put up 30 Otter/Skyvan loads and 8 Porter loads with no sign of slowing down...;)

I don't think we have actually met, but yes, we are friends with all of the above.
You may have seen us -- Lynn has a yellow FF suit with multicolored (blue/purple/pink/etc) bullseyes tie-dye painted on it; and I'm the FOG with ponytail and handlebar lmustache that accompanies her :)

Beautiful day at Archway, blue skies and warmed up to the upper 50's sucked that i had to leave early to work.
STill got in for jumps though and my first Tandem (BEER). THat was wierd doing my first tandem after 125 jumps.
Blue Skies
Joe
"When they say jump you say how high" RATM

Kreg I do not give my sympathies to you because I hear it on the phone almost everyday. jceman Deland is where I did my tandem and I got lucky and went on the skyvan that was the best thrill of my life. Now I only have to do AFF and start skydiving.

yah, well, not like I ever bitch about the weather here in MI, but it still SUCKS! I am only hoping it works for me next weekend. Safety day + jumping!! finally!
oh please blue skies...oh please blue skies...
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.

ahhh the bitching thread of the weekend...........
sorry no bitching by me..... took my c lisc. test, passed it, got a 2 way night jump for my "d" out of the way and did a sitfly jump..... all in all a good weekend, even if my first number is still a zero.......
0:3:1
(first rw night jump)

"i may not go to heaven, i hope you go to hell"-C.C.

Blue skies, light winds and NO JUMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why???? Because I was the only person that booked a jump for Saturday!!! And off-course the plane wouldn't take off for just me - not even if I showed the pilot my BOOBIES!!! And I had all my new gear to try out......it sucks!!!!

Skymedic and sunshine are out jumping right now.

Oh, so it's all your fault...you secretly wished for the weather to suck cause you had to work and didn't want us to jump without ya....;)
"Never frown, even when you're sad. 'Cause you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile."

Oh, so it's all your fault...you secretly wished for the weather to suck cause you had to work and didn't want us to jump without ya....

Yeah, I'm guilty. I was secretly doing an ancient native wind dance while simultaneously blowing on voodoo dolls I made of you and SkyMedic.
Who knew it would work?
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999