airdrew20012001

Yikes! I have a date! HELP!

Ok, it has been like for damn near ever since i have had a date and, to make matters worse, this is blind date. I am panicking, what do I do? Any do's and don'ts from the greater skydiving world? The last pereson I sort of saw was a skydiver, what does one do around non-skydivers?
GIVE A BROTHER A HAND!!!!
Drewfus McDoofus

First rule is do not date non-skydivers. They have no understanding of why we do what we do. If she is willing to try it than that is a different story.
Are you picking her up or meeting her somewhere? Take a tulip to her. Roses are for later when the relationship gets more involvement and you know you really like her.
Take her somwhere that is quiet and you can get to know her. Be yourself and do not do the I will be a chameleon and be the guy she wants me to be.
At the end of the night kiss her forehead and give her a hug. Do not let the tongue out and do not kiss her mouth . Let the kiss leave her wanting more. If she likes you then that will make her want to see you even sooner.
I will probably get reemed for this...

Yeah, Chromie, that seems a little too slick and thought out! Drew, just be yourself and go with the flow. Personally, I love a guy who has a sense of humor, so make her laugh. I'm talking about wit, not one-liner jokes. Oh, and don't forget to tell her how great she looks...even if she doesn't, I'm sure you can find something that's good.
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

Just be honest.....say what you mean, mean what you say. Do not fill her full of platitudes. I think Chrome gave some very good advice all the way around. You will have a tough road if she isn't a skydiver or at least willing to give it a try. Whuffos do not understand and won't until they join the fray.
Hey Chrome how about a date?
Cheers and have fun!
It only takes a little pixie dust......

Well, it depends on the kind of woman that it worked on. If someone brought me a flower on my first date, I would just feel like I was being played, and my defenses would automatically go up for the entire date. But maybe I'm just a skeptic. If you're hell bent on giving her a flower, do it after the date if it went well.
Andrea

Just be honest.....say what you mean, mean what you say.

No! No! No! No! No! This is a trap! Honesty is not the best policy on the first date. I cannot emphasize this enough. If she wanted honesty, she'd be dating a priest, and from what I've read lately, they're pretty much up for anything.
Oh, and if it's a blind date, be nice to her dog. She may not see it, but she will sense it. Good luck. Here's hoping you get to second base, at least. ;)
Some call me a Giver, others, a Carrier.
flyhi
B|

telling her that you are like a box of chocolate...you'll melt in her mouth and not in her hand

LOL, yeah, that's WAY better! That won't make a girl run the other way at all!
Andrea

I have some dating advice for you. Stay calm and play things cool. Just like in skydiving if your tense she will pick it up and there will not be a secind time. Here is what works on my dates. I pick a place I wanna go and if she wants to go there we go. From there we do something that I want to do maybe some movie or dinner whatever. What ever you do don't get into a situation where she will have the chance to feel less than you. Ie pool, or video games etc. This will kill your chance with any woman if it happens to fast.
Bottom line> relax and go with what feel right
Who ever said comming down from a high was bad obviously never tried this.
Magistr8

Here is what works on my dates. I pick a place I wanna go and if she wants to go there we go. From there we do something that I want to do maybe some movie or dinner whatever.

Here's a better idea, how about you do something SHE wants to do.
Skydivers...they're just plain cool!
Chris

well, here's another thought about the flower. You give it to the girl, and then she has to carry it around all night long. What a pain that would be. What if you ended up going dancing? She'd have to put it in her teeth!
Andrea

See.. .thats why I have a Palm m500 to help me keep track of all these little things so that when ever I get around to meeting more DZ.com hotties I already have written down all thier likes and dislikes.... :D and its searchable too! ;)
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend... ~3EB

That is why I asked if he was meeting her there at picking her up. If he picks her up it is something that will reminds her of him when he takes her home.
If you are meeting her somewhere do not take a flower because she will have to carry it.
Another thing, now matter how tempting, do you really want a long term more than sexual relationship with someone who will sleep with you on the first date? If not, just strictly sexual relations may be fun.

Another thing, now matter how tempting, do you really want a long term more than sexual relationship with someone who will sleep with you on the first date?

umm, yes please!!:P
Hey I think it would be a nice gesture! After all, I DID pay for her burger & fries!!:P:D
Speed Racer
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!"

well, here's another thought about the flower. You give it to the girl, and then she has to carry it around all night long. What a pain that would be. What if you ended up going dancing? She'd have to put it in her teeth!

How about you hold it in your teeth and when you get tired I can take it from you and hold it in my teeth? Of course this would take away from my killer smile.
Skydivers...they're just plain cool!
Chris

I would be utterly charmed by a flower.

Me too. A single flower is a great thing to give her. And a rose is fine as long as it's not red. A pink rose would be good.
"Never frown, even when you're sad. 'Cause you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile."

Don't go out with a loaded gun.......:D
Don't spend more than $40 on her....:D
Don't be shy and quiet nor loud and obnoxious....somewhere in between....:D
Of course....I'm the last person in the world to take advice from on this subject but I think have these things right anyway.
"I only have a C license, so I don't know shit..right?"-Clay