Pammi

Bounce-proofing your logbook

Out of curiousity, how many of you have bounce-proofed your logbook? I was thinking about that today while I was copying Merrick and mine. (Just in case we lost it or it got stolen or something...I freaked out at the thought after it came up on here a while back...hadn't thought about that before!!)
New pin jewelry!

Good idea Pammi. I will copy mine as well as my licenses tonight. With the amount of different dz's I go to because of traveling I would hate to not be able to jump because I lost this stuff.
"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto Domo...domo Domo...domo" - Styx

I've been bounceproofed.. I was still under 20 jumps when travelling to a different DZ and this guy I was talking to asked to see my logbook, I was like, "uhhhm, ok..." Then he started writing in it even though I hadn't even jumped yet (ground school front), so I knew he wasn't signing off any jumps, then I read it and smiled.
--
~Captain Cutaway
I can disassemble a rig in less than 5 seconds...

Then again on your book someone wrote Sunshine would bounce on a certian jump......

I'd still love to find out who did that and kick their ass. If i recall they wrote that i would bounce on #191. Glad they were wrong!!:)"Who gave Phreezone the remote again?!" ~ Goat Blower

Sorry about another newbie question (even though technically i'm off "newbie" status on this thing, but i *AM* a skydiving newbie...) but...
What does it mean to bounce-proof one's logbook?
Is it making sure your logbook can hold on to the grass so it doesn't bounce and kill itself in the case of a double mal?
I'm totally clueless (like, fer shuur)... but I think as long as i dont start resembling alicia silverstone i'll be alright.
"Welcome to the sky!" -- My video/photographer, after my second tandem jump

OMG!!
what have you got against Alicia Silverstone ?? She is so freaking hot... or at least she was to me several years ago... that is until I saw Julia Stiles....GRRROWWWLL..... I'd eat the peanuts out of her.... Oh, nevermind...wrong topic/thread....
So getting back to the topic... I too would like to know what it means to "bounce proof" a log book.

hmmm...
I'm still a bit confused by what you said. So someone needs to sign your logbook for that day and that jump *before* you jump ? Under what circumstances would this happen ?
"pre-sign" the last entry before filling it up ? Is this with new logbooks only ?

that seems like bad karma to me... tempting fate and all that
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
that has got to bo the funniest thing i have ever heard A skydiver say...um JDHill, isnt skydiving tempting fate:)I guess I'll have to get one of the australians to bounce proof my book!
getting high is fun, but coming down is the best part
JT

Mine has been thouroughly bounce-proofed by the lovely Jeri Dean from my DZ. An absolute hottie and a great gal.
I am all about the superstitious karma in some areas and not so in others.
I'll let a black cat cross my path then kick it as I'm walking under a ladder throwing mirrors at the ground on my way to board the airplane but I won't forget to give my Stiletto a kiss as I squeeze the air out.
Kris