DENGOPHER

WFFC !!!!!!

I'll be the one Phree is yelling at for hooking it too low.

Nah.... I'll be through my surf, on the ground and packed before you land so as long as I don't have to do a ER trip.... I'll just bitch you out later... or let the hammer woman do it...
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

yeah i am moving to Chicago on july 30th...
i don't start work until Aug 13, i probably won't have 50 jumps by then, but i guess i could still bring my tent, and hang out for the week, since i won't have to worry with work
sounds like a good way to meet all the new people i will be around in chicago as well
count me in...
oh, andy, if i have extra cash after the move, I may be intrested in chipping in on a rv, sure would beat the heck out of my litlle 3 man dome tent
hisgoofyness
"My altimeter reads zero... What do I do now?" MB

hey all,
Here's something I just found out after I was reminded about the Chicago Bears' home games this year:
The Bears are playing their home games in Champaign this year since the city of Chicago decided to fuck with Soldier field. Well, turns out that the first exhibition game is august 10th in Champaign. i dont know how packed the exhibition games will get but it may be somethign to keep in mind when looking for hotels as champaign is 15 minutes away from rantoul.
blue skies
Tomas
"Marge, it takes 2 people to lie. One to lie and one to listen."
-Homer

Go to the convention web page (www.freefall.com), they have a tournament booking company that has blocks of rooms available in Rantoul and Champaign/Urbana. I'm sure they have taken the Bears game into consideration.
Or just tent or RV it and party with the rest of us.

Well, I'll be latching on to friends that live in Champaign, but i figured i'd pass on the info to everyone else...

Ah... Don't do that! Go get a tent!
Seriously.... Quincy set up spot checks just outside of WFFC last year, arresting skydivers for drinking AND speeding... It got ugly real quick.
Avoid the mess, just bring a tent, hook up with all your skydiver friends... definately the way to go.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

Oh, don't worry, there will be plenty of partyin' at the convention, but also the convenience of a bed and a shower in Chambana will be nice (cuz i do wanna actually get to skydive...i wanna hit several "novelty" aircraft).
now, can someone please make it nice out in northern Illinois? specifically, weekends, weds and fridays so i can skydive.
thank you.
blue skies
Tomas
"Marge, it takes 2 people to lie. One to lie and one to listen."
-Homer

I just signed up to volunteer out there!!! I am planning on taking my tent and sleeping bag. Girlfriend might come along too. If anyone has extra space in an RV let me know, would be appreciated.
also, anyone know how much it costs for registration? website doesn't say. I hope to have my B by then, but if not at least I will still be there and volunteering.
Blue Skies!
Sinister69

A-38927

Does anyone know the hookup rates / availability?

[disgusted old phart voice] On the message board, the rates are $275 for elec/water hookup, $295 for full hookup. Dang kids should learn to look for things a'fer they ask dang fool questions. There are 100 of each type site available, pus the overflow RV/camping area, where you can set up if ou want to stay self-sufficient. As for availability, pre-reg starts 1 May, it is first call, first served[/disgusted old phart voice]
Come on up and join us!

Registration for the WFFC this year is $59 for jumpers and
guests of jumpers alike. Pre Registration begins May 1st at 9:00 A.M. CST. Online registration will probably begin slightly before that since I get to work at 8:00 CST
Also, I do know that specialty aircraft are in the works, but, in keeping with my promise, they will NOT be listed on Freefall.com until I have seen the ink dry on the contract.
The Migs and the L-39's (at least a couple) will probably be there as well. Possible rides too - Stay tuned for details as I get them.
Till then...
Bluez~~~
Michael
Webmaster
[email protected]