Dutchboy

My garage is empty!

OK, now it's time to fill it again. Might I suggest a new motorcycle...or an old motorcycle, totally disassembled, and missing a couple of important parts. A boat! But not just any boat, it must have a huge hole in the bottom which involves no real structural damage, easily fixed with some putty or bondo or something. A well rusted weight set in the furthest corner comically juxtaposed against a well stocked beer cooler. Posters...there must be some kind of decor. I would suggest either a late '70's KISS poster or maybe a slightly torn, but otherwise well maintained, Snap-On calendar featuring some lovely young women. Oh yeah! How could I forget? (This IS a skydiving forum.) Some old Army T-10 type grey parachute stapled to the rafters which acts as a sort of "ceiling". (This slightly personal and sharply esoteric touch should help to distinguish your garage from the rest of the bourgeoisie and their pitiful attempts at creating "culture" with a broken-down lawn-mower and a crusty old carpet remnant.)
Oops...out of beer...be back later.
FallRate

Posters...there must be some kind of decor. I would suggest either a late '70's KISS poster or maybe a slightly torn, but otherwise well maintained, Snap-On calendar featuring some lovely young women.

Depending how far south you are, you may want to consider a nice NASCAR poster. Personnal favorites include: "Dale Earnhart, Jr: Even Jeff Gordon's Grandmother wants him to win", or perhaps, "Rusty Wallace: There's a reason he's No. 2".
All kidding aside, D-boy, how about some specifics. How many hours to construct, what kind of powerplant, how well did it go together,...
flyhiB|
"To understand Mankind, you must look at its two root words; Mank and Ind."

I've already been asked about jumping from my plane. There are two problems with that. The canopy opens side to side and cannot be openned in flight. The more important problem is that there is no good way to get out, unless I roll it inverted. I'm worried that someone might catch their feet if it roll it over and damage the plane.
I'm told the plane should climb at 1700-2000 fpm, so if you could get out it would make a nice jump plane for a single jumper.
The Dutchboy
Phil's Flying Enterprises, Inc.

dutch,
who need the canopy anyways, that's why they invented gogles!!!!!!!!!!! just put some quick release fasteners on it and pop it off when ya want to take up a jumper...... or wear a motorycle helemt if the wind blast is to much for ya on the climb up............
actually, your plane looks sweet. great job... i always wanted to build a kit aircraft...i say aircraft because if i ever do build on it will be a gyro plane...........and it will be jump capable...wich mean it won't make ultra light specs and i'll have to finally get that priate pilots lisc.

"i may not go to heven, i hope you go to hell"-C.C.

and it will be jump capable...wich mean it won't make ultra light specs and i'll have to finally get that priate pilots lisc

Heard about the new Sport Pilot License that should be coming along soon? Might just make stuff like this possible for a lot of people. Basically it'll be a minimal pilot's license that'll let people fly homebuilt or even factory built, two seat, light aircraft.
Dave
http://www.skydivingmovies.com

Congratulations Dutchboy!
That is quite an accomplishment. When is the maiden flight? Good luck with flying those 25 (I think) hours off! I take my A&P test next semester and cannot wait to build my baby (Lancair IV) someday. Now how to come up with the cash.......
Congratulations again
Bret

I flight instruct primarily out of McCollum and Fulton County, but my plane is at Cartersville. Didn't like the thought of losing an engine at McCollum and choosing between landing at the mall, on I-75, Kennesaw Mountain, or US-41! I also like the fact that my tie-down is $35/month, not $90/month and I am going against the flow driving up there from my house.
The Dutchboy

thanks for the info about the sport pilot rating.. i'll have too look it and wait to see what they do.. i think it would be so cool to beable to fly into a dz and then take up the ocasional jumper in a hombuilt....someday when i either get my finaces strait or win the lotto i'll start building....

it only took a little pixie dust to change this mispelling

thanks for the info about the sport pilot rating.. i'll have too look it and wait to see what they do.. i think it would be so cool to beable to fly into a dz and then take up the ocasional jumper in a hombuilt

Wait until you get your commercial license to take up jumpers.
--
Give them a sip of the darkside, and they just thirst for more.

thanks for the info about the sport pilot rating.. i'll have too look it and wait to see what they do.. i think it would be so cool to beable to fly into a dz and then take up the ocasional jumper in a hombuilt....someday when i either get my finaces strait or win the lotto i'll start building....

You can build from plans, then you only need a little money at a time. The powerplant is usually a huge expense, though. You can't fly any homebuilt for hire, so if you wanted to take a jumper up, you could only hit them up for gas money. Of course, nobody says they can't buy you a beer later.
The Dutchboy

Of course, nobody says they can't buy you a beer later.

Well, technically if the beer is in return for the flight, it's illegal. Don't think you're gonna find too many FAA guys calling anyone on that though!
Back in the olden days when I used to fly (last year), I used to love taking skydivers flying (and not letting em jump out). Nobody is more amused by landing than a skydiver!
Dave
http://www.skydivingmovies.com