skyhawk

Q. for the smart ppl

C'mon man! We need more information here. Is the ant belly-flying or flat-flying? Perhaps a bird-ant suit? Where will the ant be deploying? A seven cell or a nine cell? What's the wing-loading? Is this 14,000' MSL or AGL...if AGL, what is the altitude of the landing area? Does this particular ant like to 'hook-it-in' or is it more of an accuracy ant? Too many variables!!!
FallRate

You're right FallRate...too many variables.
I once knew a skydiving ant at our DZ. Had a nasty mal one weekend...deployed his "Cricket" reserve ;) a bit low over the local lake. The reserve deployed timely however the weight of his own rig pulled him under and he subsequently drowned.
Tragic story to say the least.
For what it's worth I believe he was jumping a "Teardrop".:D
Aloha~
"This is the 4th time I've been late to work this week!...and it's only Tuesday" Cheech and Chong

Not that I have ever known anyone that threw a chicken out of a plane or anything....

Yeah. Me neither. ;)
But this person that I don't know once told me that they really can't fly. Especially after riding to 3k in a burlap sack then being thrown out of the plane. Flapping was attempted... but it did no good...
He had to write an apology letter to the ASPCA for that one.
pull & flare,
lisa
[subliminal msg]My website Go Now[/subliminal msg]

He had to write an apology letter to the ASPCA for that one.

The guy I knew just happened to have exited with the chicken from a US Air Force C-141. He even made it a little main. No reserve though. It was OK...he even gave it a great spot and it landed on the DZ and ran away. Unfortunately, some officers got wind of it and didn't think it was too funny. He got kicked out of the Air Force over it.......:)"It's all about the BOOBIES!"

Without looking at any of the following posts, I don't think you can answer that question the way it's phrased.
I can think of a whole plethora of issues.
Is it an African or European ant? :D
Can ants even jump?
Is the 14K measured AGL or ASL?
What is the point being jumped to? Is its level measured AGL or ASL?
I mean, assuming an ant can jump, if it just jumps up & down at 14K, that's a fraction of a second. If it jumps, say from my knee to the airplane floor, maybe a second. If you're talking out the door & to the ground, then you have the A/C to ground AGL/ASL disparity issues.
And just what is the ant doing with a coconut in the first place? :D
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

Now having read the responses, it's nice to see I wasn't the only one who seized the opportunity to shamelssly throw in some Monty Python one-liners! :D
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."