kevin922

ER Skydiving!

So last night/this morning at 4:30 am while i'm sitting in the vet ER for a drug overdosed dog, I was reading through people magazine and saw that good ole Anthony Edwards was doing filming (i think in hawaii), they showed him all dressed up in da kine jumpsuit and a javelin rig (no tandem here!) for the season finale of ER.
Looks like it might be interesting, I know he was supposed to have had an accident in HI -- perhaps he was learning to skydive? I think they are killing him off - so maybe he ends up graduating AFF and then screws up with his solo?
Kevin

Ooooh.. that's just what I need as my wife and I look into AFF: a season finale of a popular show (which my extended family loves to watch) showing a skydiving accident. Everyone I know will be an arm-chair expert on the dangers of the sport. Its all in the timing...
[Isaiah 60:8] "Who are these that fly along like clouds...?"

Ooooh....if they go that route, the really need to turn it into some high drama......like Lizzie catches him as he explores his sexuality with another man....(are he and elizabeth still together?).....she, with dark sunglasses and a marlboro hanging on her lip, slips into the equipment room........
some days it's just not worth gnawing through the straps
http://home.earthlink.net/~linzwalley

Yeah- Great- My wife is addicted to ER - (when it comes on I usually go out to the garage or down to the computer room-) AND she is really paranoid about my skydiving addiction- all she needs is to watch some one bounce- She'll flip out-
Here's a question - Sell my gear and save the realtionship or divorce and keep jumping?

>Hi Dave! That sucks if they make the sport look bad and he dies in the episode.
>That is not the top of advertisement we need.
This is a show where every other ER patient has their chest opened in a trauma bay. I think people know to take ER with a grain of salt.
Besides which, I think we'd be a lot better off in the sport if people enter into it knowing they can die. Too many people think it's an amusement park ride.
-bill von

Well, I must admit, I am an ER lover. Anthony Edwards has a brain tumor that came back, and he is going to die this season anyway. He is probably skydiving to fufill a "life list of things to do". I think that would be shitty if they killed him off by jumping. but, I must admit-- I love the show as cheesy as it is. :)The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.

>Your contact with the general public is limited isn't it?
Not at all! My girlfriend is a surgeon, and we often spend nights in the hospital when she's on call. I spend all my weekends at drop zones, and we travel a few times a year to do "big" demos. I talk to the general public at . . . uh . . . demos, I guess . . .
You might have a point there.
-bill von

actually clay you switched the characters, tommy chong is who had the joint he was "saving for a special occasion"
"its like a quarter-pounder... led zepplin..."
"its mostly maui wowi man, but its got some labrador in it"
"you mean we're smoking dog shit..."
i used to watch up in smoke religously as a young whipper snapper
now i choose to get high in other ways
hisgoofyness
"My altimeter reads zero... What do I do now?" MB