Merrick

Airbrush experience...

"How much are you going to charge for a paint job?"

ROFL - well, if anyone else is dumb enough to let me 'experiment' on their helmet I probably wouldn't charge much more than cost of paints, tape, & shipping. I say experiment because since those are the only two I've ever done, it's all still a learning process right now.
Blues!
"Pammi's Hemp/Skydiving Jewelry"

well, if anyone else is dumb enough to let me 'experiment' ...I probably wouldn't charge much... since those are the only two I've ever done, it's all still a learning process right now

I used that line once. It worked!:) haha the whole time she thought I was a doctor. hahaha
getting high is fun, but coming down is the best part
JT

Now that the thread has gone off subject-- Here's my input -
The best, most bulletproof paint you can use on a helmet (or anything else-) is Imron, made by DuPont- However, this isn't for the faint-hearted - Special safety precautions must be followed - I worked with it a bit when i was working for a company that did custom paint and upolstery on aircraft-
Next best is automotive arcrylic - Much easier and cheaper - (depending on the colors-) A couple Z-1's got paintjobs this winter at our DZ- Basic black cost about 40-50 bucks and is 110% tougher than the factory black-
My reccomendation to protect the sweet flames you have would have been automotive clear coat, but I don't know if you used laquer or enamel - The two don't mix, and you'll know it immediately! I'll be doing my Z-1 probably this summer sometime - Don't know exactly when or what kind of scheme, but I'll post some pics!!
Again- Really nice paint job!
-D

AGAIN???? you sick sick people.... you're a parent... you're not supposed to do kinky things anymore...

Ah shit, is that the rules?! Anyone want to buy a couple of kids, er, I mean packers ... dirt cheap? ;)
Actually, I saw something on the news last night that some lady tried to trade her kid for a puppy!! A chihuahua no less! ROFL! She's in jail now of course :)
'Nuthin

Actually, I saw something on the news last night that some lady tried to trade her kid for a puppy!! A chihuahua no less! ROFL! She's in jail now of course :)

I saw that too. The people she tried to trade with turned her in. Makes you realize why the world is in such turmoil when childern care more about a new puppy then a child they carried for 9 months and gave birth too.
ParaChat anytime!B|

Yeah, those guys are badass! lol I think with a better a airbrush & a lot of practice I could be a lot better... I am fairly artistic (or so I've been told), we'll see tho! ;)
Dumpster - Yeah, next time I do anything like this I planned on getting an auto acrylic, I just wasn't sure how it would do in an airbrush or how much I would have to thin the pain.... who knows.
"Pammi's Hemp/Skydiving Jewelry"

I am fairly artistic
--------------------------------------------------------
must've been a N.Y. Dr. you saw.
most ppl mistake the word autistic for artist when we say it. I guess its the accent.
I gotta find a way to get my helmet to someone!
getting high is fun, but coming down is the best part
JT

[ The best, most bulletproof paint you can use on a helmet (or anything else-) is Imron, made by DuPont- ]
actually the most bulletproof paint you can use is "House of Kolor" with one of their clears. Imron is actually duponts cheapest paint you can buy.
just my 0.02. I manage a autobody shop, and collision center.
why jump when you can fly

its so fun to mess with him Pammi.(its usually pretty easy too)
I wouldnt do it ,if I liked him though!
oops I think that is supposed to say I wouldnt do it if I didnt like him...ahhh, just the same:)getting high is fun, but coming down is the best part
JT

Sorry for the late input to this thread…thought I’d offer another suggestion for your helmet airbrush project. I used to build and fly radio-controlled airplanes and we used epoxy paint with great success on our creations. Many of the airplane kits are made of the same composite materials as our full-face helmets so I am quite sure that this paint will work, as long as it is compatible with the underlying paint. I have used epoxy clear coat with an airbrush and from a spray can. It provides a rock-hard protection layer over the paint. This paint is available in small, affordable quantities from most hobby shops that deal in R/C airplanes, boats, etc. They also come in a variety of colors, including clear gloss and matte topcoat finishes.
Suggest that call or visit an R/C shop in your area and ask if they sell epoxy paint. There are several good brands available. If you visit a shop, take your helmet with you. If you’re lucky, there will be one or two R/C builders in the shop and my experience tells me that if they have worked with the paint, they will share tips and ideas with you. The shop owners are usually builders and fliers as well and most are knowledgeable about the products they sell. Also, most paint displays in these shops have free brochures with detailed instructions on how to use their products. Hope this helps.