sangiro

Icons to disappear... what should stay?

OK folks... the silly little icons that you can select when you do a post is about do get culled. (bug, mug, newspaper etc) Which ones should stay or should get added? I may add more icons that you can actually use in your posts.

I will probably add an icon that allows you to show that your post has an attachment. I want these to be functional and not only add "noise" to how the forums look. Which other ones makes sense? I would like to clean up the look and feel... :)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I'm more of a smiley face girl than an icon girl, so I don't really pay attention to them.
What I REALLY miss are the numbers in the index telling me how many new posts are on a thread.:(
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

How about a little sheep icon for Clay to post his weekend numbers?

I'm against that. It would be too much work for HH, because he'd have to get icons for the whole barnyard. DZ.com would start looking like Old McDonald's farm. B|

"we really need a face plant icon too." <---- I know I've never done this B| except one time I fell on the run way just to bang up my Bonehead, it was brand new and I needed some scratches.

I think I agree with the rest: beer, boobies, all the smileys, one for attachments, ? maybe.. heck I'm not sure.. how about a little devil too. I've got an bud that helped start my IRC network, he's got a fourm basicly like this and has tons of icons. Lemme see what he can give me and I'll email them to you Sangiro. You can look through them and maybe add some or even let us make our own. *shrugs* I'm still just getting used to the new format.

I also agree with we need the "red" numbers next to posts so we know how many new ones have been posted since we last viewed it. Makes surfing the forums much easier. Specialy if you were following a thread. :)

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

;)B|:P:)
The only thing I'm missing is a link to the full profile, jump numbers and canopy's flown are always usefull in f.e. the swooping and canopy control forum.
"Don't make me come down there" - God.

My site:http://www.skystudio.nl/video.html
Some of my vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/TomSkyStudio

Now wait a minute! "This aint no damn democracy!!!"
So whatcha askin me for?

It's more fun to ask people what they want and then tell them they can't have it.;)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

The only thing I'm missing is a link to the full profile, jump numbers and canopy's flown are always usefull in f.e. the swooping and canopy control forum.

Agreed.....I can't find this either, if it still exists. This was sometimes useful when contemplating a person's advice......or taking it with a grain of salt.:)

Don

jump numbers and canopy's flown are always

along with home DZ was nice

What I REALLY miss are the numbers in the index telling me how many new posts are on a thread.

Ditto on this one.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

This was sometimes useful when contemplating a person's advice.

Oh, I'll help you with that, Don. My advice is to always take my advice. Just ask Muenkel.;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Agreed.....I can't find this either, if it still exists.

The only way I have found to see this information on a person is to go to the homepage of dz.com, click on the "Skydivers" link, and then search for that specific person's username. Once you find it, then you can click on the view profile link and it will give you their full profile.

That being said, it was still nice to have that link right next to their name, anytime that they made a post.:|

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project