freebird

Do you believe in God? Higher power?

Ok guys.. flame all you want. 2 things your don't talk about in a bar.

1. Religon
2. Politics

We've got enough threads dealing with both. I'm not a MOD but I think we've got enough talk about these two subjects in threads already.

Thanks and think about it. Please.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I've called out to God before, especially when I felt the need to say it more than once, and the final time was the loudest!;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Okay, let me get in the first flame......lol
A dumb ass judge just made a ruling that the pledge of allegiance is unconstitutional because of the "under God" verbiage, and you question the necessicity of Freebird's post? It's the topic "du jour" and this is the Talk Back forum, it's not like she posted it in Gear and Rigging or Swooping forums. If you have a problem with the thread, here are my suggestions to you:
1) Don't view the thread
2) Don't view the thread
and if those things don't work, try this:
3) Don't view the thread.

If it's a conversation YOU don't want to have, then don't participate in it, believe me, I've read your past philosphies in posting, and we ain't missing much if you choose not to post on this thread.......LOL

In all seriousness though, just be cool about it, it's a legit topic.

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

Freebird,

Nope, I don't believe in a higher power.

People can do a whole lot, and have a duty to act in a good way toward their fellow humans. But the impetus for that action should come from within each person, not "down from above" as a rule from an intangible abstraction called "God". The "Golden Rule" of "Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you" pretty much sums it up without having to add "Under God". ;)

HELL yeah, I do! Hehehehehe!

But seriously. I totally believe in God. I also strongly believe in prayer. I think one of the reasons my surgery went so much better than expected is I had tons of people praying for me up to and during my scheduled surgery. From the ct scans, I was supposed to get a plate and 7-12 screws, and a full/partial miniscectomy. I only got 2 screws and a bone graft and kept 100% of my miniscus. Nothing short of a miracle. And on the plane ride to altitude I always thank God for the jump I am about to make. So I am definitely a strong believer, but I also firmly believe in freedom of choice and individuality. I don't ever try to push my religious/spiritual beliefs on anyone else. It's just what works for me.

dove:)

>Ok guys.. flame all you want. 2 things your don't talk about in a bar.

>1. Religon
>2. Politics

Gotta stick to safe topics, like abortion and pedophiles on trial . . .

But seriously, I think this forum is specifically intended for all this nonsense. The other forums are very narrow in their focus; this one is especially wide. For the most part people have been very, very good in terms of not attacking each other personally, and I think there are a few people who have learned something about the pledge, other people's views on god, etc from reading these - so I think they have a value above and beyond a place to blow off steam. (And to keep that steam out of the focused forums.)

I've read your past philosphies in posting, and we ain't missing much if you choose not to post on this thread.......

Would you like explain this?

First off I wasn't chastising anyone for a thread. I merely stated there were enough threads/topics on the 2 taboos you usually don't discuss in a bar.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Re: "Would you like to explain this?"

1) It was a JOKE Slappie. Hence, the ".....lol" after the comment.
2) You ASKED to be flamed in your first post.
3) This isn't a bar, it's a DISCUSSION FORUM, so that we may DISCUSS THINGS. Unless you have been promoted to HH, then your opinion of there being "enough" threads on political/religous threads has no weight in here. Especially since it is the HOTTEST topic from Boston to San Diego at the moment.

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

Oh gimme a break :P I'm just trying to stir the pot. Can I help you get that "Troll Line" outa the side of your mouth?

NEXT?

believe me, I've read your past philosphies in posting, and we ain't missing much if you choose not to post on this thread..

Y'know, someone could easily say that about your posts, my posts, anyone's posts. How would you feel if he turned that around and said the same thing to/about you?

This is a pretty abstract subject; everyone's opinions are likely to be different and that's okay. Let's stay out of the realm of personal attacks, 'kay?

WOW!! I caught a skybytch in my "Troll line" too!! I'm pretty successful this afternoon..

Fish fry this weekend!! :):)