freebird

Do you believe in God? Higher power?

hey Nathan. Holy (had to put that in there due to subject matter) crap! Is that you on your head in your profile pic! What the?!?!?!?!? Kinda looks like Colon Berry's shirt. Where did you get that pic and who are they?

curious dove oblivious to bickering in forum

You mean there is a spell check in this thing? I don't have to write all these posts and look like an ijit because I can't spell worth a flip? Someone show me how to use it!!

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Freebird:

yes, i believe in a higher power. and i'm NOT afraid of the "flak" i know i'll take for expressing my beliefs. if i was to deny my creator, would he not deny me?

i believe in god, and his son, jesus christ, and i believe in the holy spirit, which form a triune god. i also believe with all my heart, that when i pass from this earthly life, my spirit will ascend into heaven, see you there! there is nothing contraversial about my beliefs, nor do i ask that others believe what i do, but i can say, with a lot of confidence that god truly loves each, and every one of us, (even those who do not believe in him) so much in fact that he sent his son to die on the cross at calvary for all of our sins. john 3:16. we must remember, that faith is evidence in a belief of something yet to be seen.

please, everyone, before you get all fired up, bear in mind, i'm simply answering freebird's question. good evening.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

I am with rgroper in my beliefs. (although I arrived at it independently as an individual soul before God (as it must be))

"Men go out to admire the heights of mountains, the huge waves of the sea, the broadest spans of rivers, the circle of ocean, the revolutions of stars, and leave themselves behind."
-St. Augustine as he also unknowlingly described the alure of skydiving.

Clay:

it is much to my chagrin, that this is your reply.

i'm not defensive, and i'm not afraid, if i were, would i have stated what i did? i just know other's have different outlooks/ideals and that's kewel with me, you?

diversity is what makes society interesting. it would be a shame if we were all the same. you served your country in the military, did you serve "your country" and your country alone? or were you serving "god and country?" my son, who will soon be 23 is serving in the military right now, and i know who he's serving, he said so himself. just curious what your experienced voice would lend here.
--Richard--

ok I see two questions being asked here....
do I believe in god?
yes some times my faith sucks thats why I consider myself a ROAMING catholic " or a freelance believer

do I believe in a higher power?
How could you not believe in a higher power? I see women everywhere! women rule the world! at least when there are stupid,horny men around, anmd how often do you think that is?!:D

new thread?! coming soon!
My photos

My Videos

Nope.....dont believe in religion or the "man upstairs".........To me i beleive religion was created to ease the fear of death.......I think when man evolved enough to realize what death was it became very scary to them.....however ...introduce a fanctastic "after life"...with promises of eternal happiness and love ...well now death doesnt sound all that bad.......but then came the rules and stipulations....to me thats not cool...one religion telling another they are wrong because of there beliefs!!!!!....For me I understand that death is part of life and vice/versa....its going to happen so instead of being afraid of it and worring about what some GOD will think of me if I drink a beer....have premarrital sex...or whatever.. just except it and live for the moment.....which in the time scale of the univeres is a blink of the eye!!! So whatever makes you the most at ease and comfortable to die ....go for it.... if its beliveing in a GOD....beliving you'll turn into the tooth fairy....or what ever .....its all good to me...

jason
Freedom of speech includes volume

I'm sitting here at work bored, so I'll chime in and hopefully get some flames--yeah I'm that bored! [:/]

Is there a higher power? Don't know and don't care!

If there is and It's as cool as some of you described, I have nothing to fear. I live a moral life, just because it's the right thing to do. A love that is commanded is not true love.

If there is and It's not as cool as some of you described, then we're all screwed no matter what we do.

About praying. It hasn't worked for thousands of years and it will never work. What would the world be like if praying actually works. hmmmm! Let's pray for world peace, no disease, and no hunger. Let's pray that everybody lives in harmony. Let's pray for our soldiers to be alive and victorious. Let's pray that my team can beat yours. Let's pray for our children so they can do well in school, and better than yours. Praying is friggin overrated. Get out there and do something about it and make a difference.

I used to church with my friends and met this very nice girl. Got to know her very well and one day I saw her standing there, eyes closed, praying, and totally giving herself to Him. What a big turn off. Appreciate me for who I am, not because He let her meet such a nice man, so she thought.

I don't post much, but everytime I do I get flamed.[:/]

favaks--
I am gonna get SOOO flamed for this...
but most "bible thumpers" I have met are lost! they have no confidence in themselves God is there answer to all of thier problems. Now remember I said "bible thumpers" not believers!
that is where I am stopping ( i should have known better then to post this)

but heres the joke...
why would you make sunday a Holy day when everyone shold go to church and pray to god for forgivness strength etc...isnt that His/Her day off? let him/her sit and watch the game and read the sunday funnies! I woulda taken the phone off the hook!
My photos

My Videos

JT:

i beg to differ. your opinion is your opinion. why should you be "flamed" it is generally this fear that keeps a lot of people "stifled" your opinion, and ideas are just as valid as the next persons. as soon as everyone gets a clear and consice understanding of this principle, the better off we'll all be.

i believe what i believe, and if someone wants to believe differently, hey...kewel! :)
the remark about women being around amused me, i never thought of that as a "higher power" but, i cannot dissagree with you in good faith. so maybe there's "multiple" high powers?:D
--Richard--

ever listen to/watch George Carlin?
I believe in Joe pesci! I can see him and he looks like a guy who can get things done!;)
{i tried to attach a sample soundclip but not the one I mentioned}just wanted to see if itll work!
My photos

My Videos

I love Carlin's act, but that's not actually what I was refering to.

There actually are several religions that believe that Sunday is the first day and Saturday is the 7th, therefore the day of rest.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

well I figure I would get flamed for calling bible thumper lost. Basically that is name calling etc. that is why I wanted it Known that a bible thumper is different then a religious beleiver /follower.
my opinion is usually(even in this case) biased by humor/sarcasm(pretty much the same thing to a NY'er)
I just wanted to make clear before the war started that I was not attacking someone. I just dont like "bible thumpers."
but the women thing is true;)
if a women cant get her man to do some thing...then there is ALWAYS a dumber man that she can lead around by his...hopes!
My photos

My Videos

quade-
I understood what you meant. I just wanted to interject some carlinism and clarify my post made previous to the one you are refering to...when I typed this

but heres the joke...
why would you make sunday a Holy day when everyone shold go to church and pray to god for forgivness strength etc...isnt that His/Her day off? let him/her sit and watch the game and read the sunday funnies! I woulda taken the phone off the hook

it was leading into carlin
My photos

My Videos