AggieDave

I did a tandem, I'm a *real* skydiver...

Yup, I'm a *real* skydiver, I did a tandem yesterday. A friend of mine needed a passanger so he could get his TM rating, so I went along. Interesting but sooo boring compaired to actually jumping, I guess if I would have done a tandem before I started jumping, then it would have been more exciting. That was my first (yeah, yeah, beer) tandem, so it was neat in that respect, nearly 200 jumps into this thing and I'm doing a tandem...B|

Atleast I can count drogue fall in my freefall time (according the the USPA a while back, they changed that).

Anyone else done that for someone, gone and done a tandem so they can get their rating?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It was snappy, but the landing was fine. This isn't a worn out old F-111 tandem main, this is a pretty new Sigma, with the elliptical main, apparently it flies really well, and apparently so. B|

yeah, i did a currency jump for this guy.
it was weird. i kept checking my non existant handles in the plane, and two or three times i checked my non existant alti in freefall. lots of time under canopy and man are those toggles hard to pull down on! won't do anymore though as since i did it alot of people told me about all the possible mals that could happen on a tandem rig - those TMs are nuts!

It was snappy, but the landing was fine. This isn't a worn out old F-111 tandem main, this is a pretty new Sigma, with the elliptical main, apparently it flies really well, and apparently so. B|

Elliptical main for tandems? Wow. I bet you could have a bitchin' time with a non-student in the harness. B|

and two or three times i checked my non existant alti in freefall

They didn't give you an altimeter??
I sure got one on my first jump, which was a tandem....and when I did a couple tandems with people just getting their ratings recently i absolutely insisted on having chicken handles and an altimeter....

Anne

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

Funny! I did a tandem on Saturday too. It felt really strange. Checking non existant handles, wondering what the hell to do if we had to bail out, getting slapped around the head with a rubber fish. I felt very uncomfortable sitting in the plain without my rig on. All in all it was fun but I'm not too interested in doing it again any time soon.

:0) Tony
The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.

Elliptical main for tandems? Wow. I bet you could have a bitchin' time with a non-student in the harness.

Actually, no, they work better then the old gear for regular ol' tandems. Think of it this way, ellipticals are basically the most efficient wing a skydiver has, now make one fucking huge, i.e. a tandem, they now have the most efficient wing...that's an over generalization and some of the other people around here who have flown the Sigmas could really explain it in ways that I can't, with real experience behind them, i.e. hooknswoop has jumped it a few times as a TM...

>Since I've never done a tandem, but heard of chicken handles- How
>about someone tells me what they are supposed to do???

They are cut-away and reserve handles for the tandem-passenger, and are only attached to the harness when the passenger is also an experienced skydiver. We don't want a customer cutting away the main during drogue-fall now do we? :o

I did a tandem(recurrency jump for the TM) some time ago, and it wasn't really that scary, but I definitely didn't like the feeling of not being in control. I might do another one. Maybe.

Erno