A12

Law School...here I come!

Anyone here involved anyway with Intellectual Property Law? I'm currently researching Suffolf University starting fall of 2003.

I went from a wanna be programmer, to wanna be lawyer! :)

Life has a funny way of turning 180s.
If you want to fly, get out of the plane!

My Homepage
My Blogger

Since when did laws become logical?

Never. But it takes good logic and reasoning skills to twist them and distort them to fit your goals. ;)

I work at a law firm, as the IT guru. I think I have a better deal going than the lawyers. Like they have time to postwhore on DZ.com... :)

LOL I hug a laywer every day... (my wife is a lawyer:ph34r:)

Hey Adam, you can kiss just about EVERYTHING you do for fun goodbye for the next 3 years. I remember when my wife was in school. The only thing I saw of her was the top of her head, (oh behave you guys...:), poking out of the top of some thick book) You read A FRIK'ING TON of case law and must be prepared to brief each one.

Good luck man.

-------
D.T. Holder
SIMstudy

Yah, I figure it'll be hell for a while, but at least its in the direction of what I want to do. Right now I am finishing up a BA in CS (hehe) and I don't want to do that anymore...so its going to be a long year.

My Homepage
My Blogger

Well, well, well......My momma told me...........
I started out wanting to be a lawyer (JD) but guess what? My momma told me that there is not such thing as justice.......the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, prison, babies or all three. Wow was she cynical or what? I decided to work with "Flipper" instead. Hope that you have a good pair of reading glasses and a sturdy backbone. Best wishes.

Ex-IP Attorney here. Did it for three years in a very old school, high powered, wood-paneled law firm. Bottom line. The work is dry. You better like the other attorneys you work with otherwise your life will suck. Pursuit of the work itself will not make up for working with a bunch of back biting assholes. Suggestion - try to get into the litigation side of things. You'll work wieder hours but it will be a helluva lot more interesting. Just a little insight from a dude who has been there. I'm feeling better now, thank you very much. :P

Hehe, Zillions...is that a year? :P

I'm planning on working my ass off, and I am sure it will take a little time for me to find my place...but thats life.

My Homepage
My Blogger