Viking

Buy my Jumpsuit or get my A License taken care of? hmmmmmmm

I need my own suit so i can learn to fly and not have to worry about my jumpsuit blowing open in the middle of a track!(thats happened twice now).

So you can't jump without a suit? I'm pretty sure you can, and I'm pretty sure you can learn to 'fly' without it. When you finally get the suit there will likely be a small adjustment period, but that's not a big deal.

On the other hand if i don't get my A then i am pretty much stuck doing coach jumps and solos for a while.

One thing here is certain, if you don't jump you'll never learn to 'fly' and have no use at all for the jumpsuit, except maybe to impress your whuffo friends.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

as far as i know i am not allowed to jump in just cloths. If i was i would be doing that everytime and not even worry about it. The guy that basically runs the DZ is a former British Demo Team member and as a result a stickler for the rules.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

as far as i know i am not allowed to jump in just cloths.

WHAT?

If they won't let you jump in just clothes then I say you keep fucking up their jumpsuits until they do. That's absurd! Have you actually asked about this?

-
Jim

no i just assumed but i am damn well gonna ask in the morning! I don't know if i want to b/c i will likly blow right past the person i am jumping with!

I don't know if i want to b/c i will likly blow right past the person i am jumping with!

At this stage in your jumping career you'll be jumping with a coach right? Learn to jump without the suit and leave any fall rate problems to them. If indeed your fall rate is too fast without the suit you'll likely get some good pointers on how to slow it down without the suit.

-
Jim

You need to learn to control your fall rate then. The jumpsuit is a crutch if you are needing it to stay with others. Your body size should have no problems flying with people going 115 or less. If you just don't force the arch and fly a relaxed, natrual position... you should fall fairly close to the other jumpers. If you blow by, slightly dearch, if you need to speed up, SLIGHTLY arch.

I'm 6'2" 170 pounds and can fall in shorts and a t shirt at 113-130 on my belly. I've floated up to a group that was doing around 110 in jeans and a long sleeve T shirt. (Dearching and hugging the ball like CRAZY) If I can get that big of a range.. you should beable to do the same.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Well, if you're dead set on a jumpsuit, and it sounds like you are, why does it have to be a "custom Tony suit"? That's $300 or more. I think with the exchange rate for the Australian dollar, Tad's suits (www.tads.com.au) start at around $150 right now, or surely there's a used suit out there that would fit you.
Skydiving is for cool people only

hmmmmmmmm if you weren't a texas girl i would give ya big hug Jess.........;););) who am i kiddin i would pick ya up off the ground and shake you around...............oh hi phree:$

Buy a used jumpsuit on e-bay and spend the rest on jumps .

just had to say, "I-YAH!!" I searched on e-bay and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1851064452

no offense to the Golden Knights, they rock, but NO, I'd rather fly in jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt. ;) I'm sure there are other jumpsuits out on e-bay...I just need help findin' 'em. :D And, vintage jumpsuits can be fun....buuut, I don't know about that one, personally. I did manage to scavenge a cool US Coast Guard suit from flyhi.:D

Putting in my vote: get the A!!!