surfer101

first base jump

Last weekend i made my own paracute with 4 ropes and a quilt i found in my closet. 3 of the ropes were blue and the 4th one was yellow and a little bit shorter than the other ones. I did a base jump off the roof of my house and the parachute worked great so i went to my friends house which was two stories high and got stoned and then jumped off his roof and my parachute worked great again even though one of the ropes broke. then i smoked some more grass

Smoking weed is a good deed, smoking grass will save your ass. I assume the controlled substance laws in Mozambique are......loosely enforced if at all;). What container did you use?B|
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

It does bring up a good question though.

If I made a building jump when I was say, 10 -- does that count toward my BASE number?

hey! thats a good point..
I made 3 with a cargo pilot chute (my father used to be a load master at Pope AFB) from the roof...great fun till my mother caught me..:)

Wait a minute, who said that in order for it to count a BASE rig had to be packed? "Skydiving Magazine" just ran an article about Marta doing a Monkey Flip off some rocks in Moab -- I'm guessing most people would consider that a BASE jump. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Murderrers!!!!! Villans!!!! Leave the Trolls alone. If they are gone who is going to hide my sock and underware. Besides they are an endangered species. That is why you should leave some uneaten food and undrank booze on the countertop at night. Then they can quietly sneak up and feed.
It's really cool looking at them feed and making pictures of them. Now if you are nast they will gnaw on your toe nails and put BenGay on your undiesB|
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

*thinks about the wonders of silver nitrate.....*

Silver nitrate should never be mixed with ammonia compounds as it can form azides which are powerful explosives. Silver nitrate is an oxidizer and should be treated as such. Never mix with finely particulated metals such as aluminum or zinc. Also avoid contact with organics.
:P

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

>"Skydiving Magazine" just ran an article about Marta doing a Monkey Flip
>off some rocks in Moab

Doing a what? Is that the same as a McConkey?

That's precisely the point: The pioneers in the beginning of the 80s defined that the rig had to be packed for it to count as a BASE jump, so that kiting off objects wouldn't count. Since that's, well, paragliding.

But now that people are doing McConkeys(hanging the open parachute off the object in front of you), there was a discussion on Blinc about the definition of a BASE-jump, and some people said that since a McConkey is a BASE jump, an unpacked but uninflated parachute is ok to qualify for a BASE jump.

Erno