ernokaikkonen

Mean people

warning: contains a spoiler about the movie "seven"

Ok, I have no idea why this popped in my mind just now. I have not been abused by any mean people lately, but I remembered a story and I just have to share it. You know, there are mean people out there. Not the ones that are outright evil, but just mean.

1996: I was doing my mandatory military service in the Finnish Military Defence Forces, and my platoon was assembled for the evening roll call. Then one of our instructors addressed us:
"Men, how many of you have seen the movie 'Seven'?"
*some hands are raised*
"Well, how many of you are planning to go see it?"
*more hands are raised, mine too*
"At the end of the movie, the head of the detective's wife is found in a cardboard box. Good night. Dismissed!"

The sheer meanness of the deed engraved the moment to my mind forever.:)
Erno

"At the end of the movie, the head of the detective's wife is found in a cardboard box. Good night. Dismissed!"

----------------

Gee, thanks...guess I can take Seven off my "movies to rent" list...

:P

-S

PS - j/k...I've seen it.

Go ahead, tell a story about a mean person!

There once was this guy called Erno who posted on Dropzone.com. He did a post about how mean his instructor was in the millitary. He didn't ask whom of us had seen the movie "Seven" yet, he just told this story that ended with:

I hadn't seen the movie yet. That was just mean! >:( ;)

And then he went back and added warning: contains a spoiler about the movie "seven" afterwards... that was just rubbing salt in the wounds! :ph34r:
Safe swoops
Sangiro

At the end of the movie, Dorothy finds out all she needed to do was click her heels three times and say "there's no place like home."

Damn, sorry if I ruined the ending for you on that one. It has been out for awhile though. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Erno, the Finnish Military Defence Forces is the biggest euphemism I have ever heard in my life. It is an ARMY. It has GUNS, and TANKS, and FIGHTER planes. Your grandfathers have proven that in 1940 as they kicked (and yes they did, given the balance of forces) Joe Stalin's butt. Call it an ARMY. Please.
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

Once had a NCO who made a recruit do press ups over a bayonet, I thought that was mean but damn, your Finnish NCOs are psycological bad asses!:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

"In this house, young lady, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer J. Simpson

That's hilarious! I guess Homer's version is probably a bit more like CP Snow's take on the Laws of Thermodynamics:

1. You cannot win (that is, you cannot get something for nothing, because matter and energy are conserved).

2. You cannot break even (you cannot return to the same energy state, because there is always an increase in disorder; entropy always increases).

3. You cannot get out of the game (because absolute zero is unattainable).

;)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

"Dorothy finds out all she needed to do was click her heels three times"
That tramp. If she had kept her heels together, she'd have been home a lot earlier. Isn't it always that way ? The one with the straw-blonde hair is an airhead. The "lion with a tadpole in a jar" is an obvious reference to the Led Z song. Flying monkeys...
Screen writers party, acid, LZ music, going home late, need a good excuse... we know the source of that movie. No wonder the youth of today are so corrupted.

Erno, can you tell me the ending to the movie, "Changing Lanes"? I saw half of it on an airplane, and they cut it off so we could land. I'm too cheap to go rent it because now I've already seen half of it. I'd lose out on $1.50! :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

, can you tell me the ending to the movie, "Changing Lanes"?

The partners submit a fake paper which Affleck doesn't know about. Affleck gets the real one and sees the light. He refuses to submit it to the court because it is the wrong thing to do (old guy was senile when he signed it). When he finds out about the other one being submitted, he holds it over his bosses. Samuel L and Affleck become lovers. Definitely the feel good movie of the year.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

uh, no. It didn't involve ANY cardboard.

It was a fantasy that I ALMOST had sex with my favorite partner I've ever had but can't anymore and I woke up before we actually did anything. It was really boring, actually. But waking up was weird, because I thought, GOD if only that had been real! I would have found some way to screw it up!:P