Phil

food for ??

Hehe, thanks Phil....
I couldn't help notice the second pic was of a Scottish Beastie, just confirmed what I always knew...
Scots guys are better.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Right on guys, see there's more Scots out there than even I imagined.....

"Hoc Majorum virtus"

My latin is a wee bit rusty...is that 'of great ancestors' or something like that?

Pleased to hear you got a kilt, gals simply love them!B| And unlike a suit, they are unlikely to go out of fashion.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the link Erno
I'm part of the Campbell clan

(Argyll) Ne obliviscaris (Latin: Forget not); (Breadalbane)Follow me; (Cawdor) be mindful; (Loudoun) I byde my time.

We have various mottos as above, depending on which branch you are from.

I don't really know which branch of the tree I should be linked to, but my kilt reflects Campbell of Cawdor,
so
"be mindful"....especially out there..
cya
D
--------------------

Erno,
right on the money with the transaltion, we were one of the clans that carried the hear of Bruce, hence the heart and passion spike.

Pleased to hear you got a kilt, gals simply love them

And yes it will be worn at my wedding reception in May, about the only concession that I was able to win.

Druim-nan deur

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

Yeah to what Phil said, especially if you are to be true to your roots and go 'commando' ie nothing is to be worn under the kilt......
--------------------

Yeah to what Phil said, especially if you are to be true to your roots and go 'commando' ie nothing is to be worn under the kilt......

anything else would be consider weak and a lack of honor - unless it's a pink string:D:D:D

how high can you fly with broken wings ...
life's a journey not a destination

Actually my name "Collins" is an Irish name and not a Scottish name. Well there is a tartan but it is Irish and I believe it was Fitzgerald clan. I did this research many many years ago..

Can I fit in too? kinda.. We're just a wee bit more insane then the rest...

Dunno a clan quote or saying [:/]

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Och as a celtic cousin (The Irish are practically Scots, and vice versa)and a wee pal, I will propose that you are made an honorary Macfeegle. Especially as you mounted a couple of rescue missions to rescue a Macfeegle from the boonies, and we don't forget that sort of thing.

The clan Tartan is anything as long as its zero-p.

The Clan motto is
Hawd yer wheesht an' wheech.

Which loosely means "shut up and jump".
:)
--------------------

Clan Gregor

"'S Rioghal Mo Dhream" translated as "Royal is my Race." or "Royal is my blood"

Forgot to attach the belt & buckle

Forsyth on the old mans side and Mc Rae on the old ladies side. Apparently Instaurator ruinae means repairer of ruin.

Have a couple of tartans. The Forsyth old and new.

Ooroo
Mark F...

ts2085ra.gif

ts1122r.gif

Ok the i-net is a wonderful tool.. I was actually able to dig up a tartan. Even tho it is Irish.

I always knew I was partial to blue for a reason. I think my mom still has a picture of me in a kilt when we lived in Scotland.

I've been back but have never thought about my heritage much because I'm so far removed from the homeland, that Texas is my homeland now..

B|B|>:(B|B| oops forgot the hit the upload attachment button..

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

tar_fitzgeraldblue.jpg

(begin heavy panting)
Scotish guys in kilts...
(continue heavy panting)
Nice way to start the morning!
(Still panting)

I'm a McFadyen of Lochbuie on my mom's side, and a Connolly on my dad's. Plenty of Scot/Irish blood there! The McFadyen motto: Vinceri vel mori. To conquer or die.

(Starting to drool at thought of men in kilts)
How am I supposed to concentrate on work now?:ph34r:

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Very kewl you are wearing your kilt to the reception! Are you also wearing it in the wedding?!? I am not a big geneology buff, but I do know there is some "Keith" blood in my family history. It was some sort of outrage back before love was more important than marrying properly. Maybe that's where some of the family history of going "against-the-grain" comes from. I go commando, a lot, anyhow. And you know how I enjoy outrage. I'll have to find out what the family kilt for the Keith clan looks like... May be a great opportunity to be a red head in a kilt!... (Now I'm looking forward to your wedding, even more!)

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.