jtval

New thing in America

OK I've been back for a total of 23 hours now and Ive noticed a few things are different...

This first one shocked me.
As I get on the plane (my first civilan flight) from seattle to Vegas I noticed that when I showed my ID(military is all I have thanks to those lazy a$$holes at DMV)

they waived all kindsa charges for my bag being too heavy does that happen normally? I was shocked it was the first time My Mil. ID got me hooked up! usually (last year before the attacks) All I would get is this look like I was a fukn asshole. I was quite embarrassed to show that as a form of ID. but now, SHIT...It might get me discounts.haha!

ok and this second one is kinda old news but more people are now remote controlled then I remember.
Cell phones...are you given one at birth, now? I mean they are handy(never owned one. or felt the need to yet. but i will in Vegas because I will be driving throught the desert often)
but dont you feel like a remote controlled person.
at least its not the kind with the wire attached hahaha.

oh yea one more..
I hope dont offend anyone, but has the "gross nat'l Weight" gone up? or was I in Korea so long I forgot what fat people look like? wierd, but actually I heard that since last year most people have gained 5 lbs. I BELIEVE it!
My photos

My Videos

>Cell phones...are you given one at birth, now? I mean they are handy(never owned one. or felt the need to yet. but i will in Vegas because I will be driving throught the desert often).

Before you buy check for coverage. I get great coverage in Vegas and the surrounding areas, but some phones do not.

Welcome back!!!!!!!

never owned one. or felt the need to yet. but i will in Vegas because I will be driving throught the desert often

If by driving through the desert you mean a freeway that connects Las Vegas to the rest of the planet, then yes, they're useful.

If on the other hand you mean 4-wheeling it somewhere out on the Nellis range, then you might find it's almost useless.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Before you buy check for coverage. I get great coverage in Vegas and the surrounding areas, but some phones do not.

thank for the tip. Ill keep that in mind.

by driving thru I do mean using the roads that connect to the rest of the world!;)
My photos

My Videos

Not sure how to take the whole flag mania.

I mean, I'm all for people putting up flags outside if they want to. But I've seen dozens of distintegrating flags fluttering from car antennas. I've seen flag doormats. Heck, I was at the beach today and saw flag shirts, flag bathing suits, even flag towels. Flags to cover your butt and lay on the ground? What's next, American flag toilet paper? At some point overuse causes anything to lose its meaning, and we're well on our way there with images of the flag.

"I will put a fork in your eye".

Oh god, I'm still laughing over this one! Thanks, I needed a good laugh! So funny. On a serious note, I agree with you.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Went to the graocery store yesterday, and now there are 'flag' band-aides. Yep, now you can cover your cut appendage with a red, white and blue band-aide. Someone really needs a good smackin'...

Matt
A well-informed person is somebody who has the same views and opinions as yours.

exactly.

thats the point an artist was trying to make recently, (well in the last 5 years which is recently in the art world) by putting a flag where you had to stand on it to view the picture head on..

of course the idiots only saw the disgrace and not the idea....

I am glad to know you made it back to the Flag waving US of A. Seems like it took forever.

Your perspective (since you have been gone) is highly entertaining. As well as, enlightening.

A little about culture or the lack of - I guess.

~AirAnn~