coho21

When is it time to leave?

Ok so I have been debating this question for a while now.

When is it time to leave your current job and look elsewhere or change your entire line of work?

Currently, I have got a pretty darn good job but am bored out of my mind and I don't really enjoy it. Unfortunately it has the potential to be sort of exciting. Yet I'm almost positive I don't want to end up doing this for my career.

Ahh, now I'm getting off topic. It must be this damn desk jockey thing....[:/]

J
YSD#0009

I knew when I was unmotivated to work anymore. And my relations with my superior were starting to take a downturn. I have not been in this industry a LONG time but it is a hard one from a stress perspective and I am tired of it. Of course, I am only 27 and still single so it is easy to pack up my car and take off. If you can, why not?

exactly, if you can...why not???
I swear it must be airborne...so many, so many!!! people are up and leaving...of course, most are skydivers that I know that want more opportunities...

I want to run away, but unfortunately, I have prior committments..but if you can and you want to...go for it now so you don't regret it later!

kate

When is it time to leave your current job and look elsewhere or change your entire line of work?

Thurdsay 1121 am get your stuff and say "hey asshole, I'm taking an early lunch"

hahaha! im kidding you want your last check. I would use upo all my vacation time first !;)
My photos

My Videos

Ok so I have been debating this question for a while now.

I think once you start asking this question that means it's time.

Matt

Providing ingenious solutions to all of your nonexistent problems! (For a fee)

3 years 4 months and 9 days. That's when my son turns 18. I will be so gone, so fast, people will wonder if I was ever here!

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

Jensen:

as long as the money's right, sit tight! that's an old indian saying i just made up! B|
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

"Currently, I have got a pretty darn good job but am bored out of my mind and I don't really enjoy it. "

I've been doing the same sort of job for the last 18 years or so, and I get fed up with it every now and then, its natural.

As Rich said, if you like the loot, stay put, or words to that effect.

Or, if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, its probably moss.......
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I agree; when you have another job! If you are bored and not interested in what you are doing and you don't see it as a career - look for another. Talk to all of your contacts, network, find something then quit. Once you are not interested, your boss will feel it. Your relation with the current boss will deteriorate and all of a sudden the decision to leave will not be yours. Good Luck!

I'm in the exact same position as you. As long as my cash flow stays positive, I have a hard time rocking the boat, especially in this environment. But I know I probably should before too much more time goes by (I've been there almost 1.5 years).

The most serious consequence is it's more difficult to pick up girls if you don't like your job. You won't be able to avoid sounding like a bit of a pessimist when you talk about it, and let's face it, that just isn't sexy.

Joe

Here's another idea... have a talk with your boss, let him know that you are looking for something that will expand your horizons and challenge you more. You might just end up with a promotion, raise, and a job you like.

--
Hook high, flare on time

If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, it is probably covering Pungi sticks.

Or...

If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, it is probably over the septic system.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Here's another idea... have a talk with your boss, let him know that you are looking for something that will expand your horizons and challenge you more. You might just end up with a promotion, raise, and a job you like.

Or fired then you don't have to think about leaving anymore the desicion was made for you B|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

have a talk with your boss, let him know that you are looking for something that will expand your horizons and challenge you more

Yeah what he said. Worked for me, only prob, now I have to figure out how to clone myself :P.
Mind you, if I wasn't here on the forum so often I might not need to!

Kerry