Deuce

Being liked is better than being disliked.

What is up with that? Some people decide they don't like other people without knowing anything about them, never talked to them, nothing. They just take a look, and form an instant opinion. Or they make strangers "prove" they're OK before they'll be friendly.

Skydivers as a group aren't like that, from my experience, so you're better people.:)
I like skydivers. I also like driving the car and Judge Wopner. :P

I hate judgement. I've been judged my whole life. When I first went to my dropzone, I was so afraid of being judged as a whuffo...still am, really. But skydivers are different...at least I hope so. I know the girls where I jump are not as welcoming as the boys are...gee really? But seriously, girls are very competitive...I need more girl friends!

Who's sig is that?
"I hate people that stereotype.....They are all the same" :D

Carrie.....at least I think that's her name.....rantoul is such a blur....

Edited.....oops, her profile says Kate.....
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Hmmm, I absolutel love skydivers, but I don't think they, as a group, are an exception as far as being judgemental goes. I think some skydivers are just as judgemental as anyone else. I don't mean that in a bad way. Being judgemental tends to be a natural characteristic. You can see that by reading these forumns at times or seeing various cliques at different DZs.

I think what's important is trying your best not to judge others and not giving a damn if they judge you. It happens to all of us. No-one is special.

I get mis-judged all the time, mainly by girls and sometimes by guys, as well. It can be aggravating at times, but I get over it pretty quickly and take pride in knowing that I don't have to do the same.

You SUCK

I just got reminded of this by talking with a friend who told me after we'd know each other a while that when he first met me he thought I was an assh*le. And he was later surprised, after talking with me, that I wasn't.

The longer I'm on the journey of living, the less I care about other's opinion of me. Being liked is way better, but being disliked is OK too. Expecially if it's for no reason.

It's hardest of all when a person who's opinion matters to you, but you can get over that too, in time.

You just suck Sebazz, you quit smoking?

You gonna be at Hollister the first weekend in December?

I think I was there.....B|

Can't vouch for your whereabouts at all. Now, I can vouch for Valerie, SkyBytch, Rev, and a few others whose names I don't recall right now...
That's my story Mr. Senator and that's what I'm sticking to.
-----
~~~Michael

Every time I started a new job or some shit, some one always pulled me aside to tell me who was an asshole and who was cool- I think everyone gets that everywhere-- I prefer to figure out if your an asshole or not for myself- And you can figure for yourself if I'm an asshole in your book or not- I've got my share of enemies - But some wise dude once said, if you don't have any enemies, odds are you don't have any friends, either.
And I'm not predjudiced - I don't care who I piss off!

'later!!!

Easy Does It

I have been bothered in the past knowing someone may not like me for whatever reasons, but I have grown up a bit and it doesn't affect me much anymore.

I have always treated people as well as possible. Even if someone say's someone else is a dick or an a'hole I'll make that judgment for myself and not on someone else's word. (Someone 3 times:P)

You just suck Sebazz, you quit smoking?

Duece is correct, i do suck! I am a bad man and should be avoided at all costs... The quiting smoking thing is not working right now but I have curbed my habit considerably... Soon soon, I am on the verge...

Some people decide they don't like other people without knowing anything about them, never talked to them

Well, I know someone at my DZ that is talking shit about me and posting mean things toward me and I have never done anything or said anything about this person. So, some skydivers do this and for no reason. And I hate to say this, but you have to watch out for people like this, even as a fellow skydiver.
Of course, it doesn't bother me because I could care less what this person says about me, because I know I haven't done anything to deserve it, and I know my true friends know how this person is anyway.B|

BooYa#1
GR#50
You might be a skydiver if... Your having sex and she whispers in your ear "I've never done this before" and you yell out "Case of Beer"

How did I miss you?

Probably the same way I missed everyone that I did. Either met them and spaced it, or didn't track them down at all. If you were on the first DZ.com cluster dive, I was in the base until I got clock in the side of the head on exit.
-----
~~~Michael

Hmmm....watch out for those true friends, especially where you jump. The second you do something or date someone they don't like, your back will have a target. They especially like to start untrue rumors when they are bored, hell and it could be a year later and they still will be swinging it in your direction.

Just a friendly warning. :)

Fly it like you stole it!

What is up with that? Some people decide they don't like other people without knowing anything about them, never talked to them, nothing. They just take a look, and form an instant opinion. Or they make strangers "prove" they're OK before they'll be friendly.

Not to continue ex-bashing... Oh what the hell, I will. It's fun.

But this is precisely the way she behaved toward people.

She'd make a snap judgment and I'd say, "Sheesh, why not get to know them a bit before you decide.". She always said she knew right away and had an instinct for that.

Interestingly, most of the people she disliked were people I liked. ;)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Probably the same way I missed everyone that I did. Either met them and spaced it, or didn't track them down at all. If you were on the first DZ.com cluster dive, I was in the base until I got clock in the side of the head on exit.

Clay, I think, was in a couple of hybrids, but since he's too good to fly with us on our bellys, he wasn't on those attempts.
:P
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1