Muenkel

Sometimes it doesn't pay to be nice.

A few weeks back, while in Chicago, I went to the Sears Tower to check out the Skydeck. Admission is $10.45. While on line, there is a kid about 19 in front of me, a total stranger, who tried to pay with a check. They don't accept checks. I try to be a nice citizen and I offer to pay his admission and he wrote me a check. I just received the check back from my bank due to insufficient funds. Now it is no big whoop, because fortunately for me, $10 is not going to break me. But it just plain sucks. You try to do something nice and you get kicked in the teeth.

Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks Erno,

I knew I was taking a risk, but like I said, $10 is not going to break me. I figured it was worth the risk to be nice to a stranger. Also, he seemed like a nice enough kid.

Maybe, I'm just a sucka and should become a cynic....nah!:)

Sometimes it doesn't pay to be nice.
youre absolutely correct so FUCK OFF:P

nah, thats cool of you. I do those things sometime but I find when it comes to stuff like that(things involving $$) If u wouldnt have taken the check and youd be a lot happier now. doing cool things for strangers is well cool but most are too cynical to accept them. next time, write it off as a act of kindness b/c like you said the $$ isnt a big deal, the fact that the kid took you for a fool is!
it turned a kind deed into a regret in retrospect!

so like I said FUCK OFF!:P(HAHA)

My photos

My Videos

Like I said, it's not the money. It's just the act of "Fuck You, I'm going to rip you off" attitude that bums you out.

Oh well, the kid is a dick and deep down he knows it!

BTW, Fuck you too!;)

When I was younger I got ripped off myself, b/c of trying to be "nice."

Here's the rule, and write this down: Go ahead & help out a stranger in any way possible, just as long as it doesn't involve handing them cash.

If a stranger seems to be in trouble & is asking for money to help fix it, chances are he's a con man & you are going to get ripped off. And they will say anything & look you right in the eye.."My child/wife has XXX medical condition and I can't afford the medicine, could you spare twenty bucks?" "I need cabfare/plane fare to get to my mother's funeral"

Believe me I've heard them all, and they're all cons.

There was one I heard in Fells Point in Baltimore. These guys walk around with clipboards (so it looks official) asking for money "to go to the family of a little girl who was killed in the crossfire between drugdealers. It happened about six weeks ago."

If you give them the money they'll take down your name and address, I guess so that they look like they're for real. Went backto Baltimore afew years later and those guys were still there, using the same story & not even bothering to change any of the details.:P

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

TRY THE CHECK AGAIN. IF IT COME UP INSUFFICIENT AGAIN, HE WILL GET A FEE OF $26.00 FROM HIS BANK. HE'LL WISH HE DIDN'T SCREW UP AND THEN LEARN HIS LESSON:ph34r:.
People can't be let off the hook. If you do, you have taught him that it's OK to do it to you, it's OK to do it again, and when He does... he thinks it's OK again.

#1, maybe the guy didn't know about the lack of funds, I know it's happend to me before and probably a few of you also.
#2, don't look at it as a bad thing, focus on the feeling you had when you did him this service...you just added karma points to your pool!! ;)

Chris,
It sucks that you got ripped off when you were trying to do a good thing. But....here is what you should tell yourself now:

1. Like you said...it is only $10 and it isn't gonna break you.

I am a firm believer in karma....so...

2. You have good things coming to you...put good energy out and you will get good energy back.

3. The guy who you tried to help....he put negative enrgy out there...and it WILL come back to him.

Pat yourself on the back for doing a good thing. Then just let it go....

Anne

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!