Dumpster

Who owns/ uses firearms-?

I love and adore my SKS. :)Agreed, on guns at home for protection. I'm up in the air about concealed hand guns. Some assholes shouldn't be allowed to carry them. I was with a group of friends, guy said the group cut him off driving, he pulled into the parking lot where we were and started flashing it around. Not cool, but I not every citizen is any where near that dumb either.

Own a couple rifles and would carry a concealed firearm if it was legal in the state. Hopefully they get around to passing the concealed carry law in Ohio. We like to shoot at the DZ on cloudy days or during the week if there's nothing to do.
Blue Skies,
Adam
I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . . — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

i started hunting with my dad and uncle when i was about 7 yrs old. until 2 yrs ago i use to hunt every year. during the winter i split my time between hunting and skydiving. i got tired of guns and took up archery. it's definetly more challenging and requires much more currency.

levin
vSCS#3

My other hobby is guns. I collect all kinds but my favorite are my machine guns. Once I got my first one I barely shot my other guns. I still shoot my three .22 shorts, they are sooo fun to shoot. By the way, anyone that can legally buy a handgun can also own a machine gun legally. Little known fact, everyone thinks they are illegal. stik

Learned at a young age to use and respect them. Didn't own any for several years after getting out of the service where we delt with them everyday cleaning and maintaining, etc .
Now
own several pistols and shoot for fun on ocasion.
Have a few rifles and try to go hunting but thats rare.
Have many shotguns and a few years back was heavy into skeet and 5 stand, about three times a week, and still shoot clays when I can.
Some people would call this an arsenal but anybody who knows any thing knows better.All locked in an expensive hidden safe to keep kids and thieves out.
Interesting side note ten years ago at work we were a group of 75% gun enthusiasts 25% anti gun ownership types. After the riots in LA, some of the action getting pretty close to our facility, that twenty five percent changed their tune. A couple of those guys turning into certified "gun nuts".Now they have arsenals. Amazing things happen when the police have more important things to do than to come and protect little o'l you. Glen.

My other hobby is guns. I collect all kinds but my favorite are my machine guns. Once I got my first one I barely shot my other guns. I still shoot my three .22 shorts, they are sooo fun to shoot. By the way, anyone that can legally buy a handgun can also own a machine gun legally. Little known fact, everyone thinks they are illegal. stik

I own a "few" machine guns too . And for those of you that think machine guns are evil , think again . Since I believe the late 60's only two documented cases of a LEGALLY OWNED machine gun being used in a crime exist . One of those cases involved a Metro Dade county sherriffs deputy doing a murder for hire .

NRA rifle club for a few years starting when I was 9. Popped off lots of boxes of .22LR over the years (we lived on a ranch, plenty of stuff to shoot at).

My ex had a nice collection and I got to shoot a lot of it, including a Colt .45, a Luger and some other more interesting pieces.

I still have the same .22 rifle I used as a kid, and a sweet little .22 revolver that my grandmother gave me. I don't shoot much now, but don't ever try to take my guns away.

i enjoy shooting..own a cheap .380 acp pistol and am loking into getting a nice high cal rifle for when i move to utah for hunting.. also want to get a 9mm for the the cheap ammo and a .22 for just funn plinking.... if i had the money i would have an arsenal... come to think of it by the media standards if i have more than 1 gun it is an arsenal..... and they ain't ever taking my guns away........

p.s. the m-16 i get to fire once every two years for the military is funn too...just wish they would let me put it on auto/3 rd burst just to have some fun.....

p.p.s. did i mention i'm qualified expert on the m-16???....who wants to touch me????...lol....

I own about ten rifles, a few pistols, and a couple shot guns. I have used most of these for hunting. I used to be a hunting fanatic at one time, but all that really interests me now is skydiving. Two of the pistols are for self defense purposes. I gave one of them, a 9mm, to my daughters while they are away at college. They have both been shooting and hunting since they were about six. They want to backpack and ride their horses in the back country. They wanted something for protection against two legged predators as well as a bear gun. A 9mm is probably way too small for bear, but better than nothing if they had one chewing on their leg. When we packed in the mountains with horses, we always carried a gun. The main reason was for a horse that had a broken leg, and might have to be put down. About the only thing we used it on was for hunting purposes, and a porky pine once who wanted to chew our saddles up in the middle of the night. We once had our camp robbed by a wolverine and my Dad once had his camp robbed by a grizzly, but no shooting was involved in either case. I need to renew my membership to the NRA. Steve1

At my old job my boss had a patch of watermelon. They were over ripe and he wasn't going to pick anymore of them. These things were about to burst on their own. They where a blast to shoot. We put a bunch on top of some fence posts and shot them with my Python. There was northing left. Just a spray of watermelon juice. Coolest targets ever.......