skydiver51

What type of planes does your main DZ use?

The "Ultimate High Parachute Centre" in Victoria, BC, has, on most days, 1 C-182. Sometimes, in the summer, we have a second one going for students and tandems ... occasionally the C-206 will come over from Pitt Meadows.

Today, there were 13 loads manifested for the one C-182 ... fortunately for me, I was on load #3! I doubt they will get all those loads up!!! They did 11 yesterday ... including 4 tandems and students!

Don't know what our 182 record is, but out King Air record is 27 loads- I think we're tied with SDC- I can jump eery other load when the King is here, but since I do all my own packing,( and I'm still building up my speed)it's a strapping pace for me.

Easy Does It

27 is a good number, for using one turbine plane. I wonder what the record is for a single c-182? I know doing 16 we were running loads as fast as we could and we still ran out of sunlight.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

My home DZ has go 2 C-182s. Since about a month ago only one's been flying. Had a little incident with the pilot not gettin stopped before the end of the runway in the other. Home DZ is closed for winter now, the only other show in the province also runs a single C-182
I got nuthin

27 is a good number, for using one turbine plane. I wonder what the record is for a single c-182? I know doing 16 we were running loads as fast as we could and we still ran out of sunlight.

Depends how you define a load. I've seen our DZ do at least 8 c-182 loads between 2 pm and sundown. That was all S/L students, so they only went to 3500-4000, but turnaround was slow (gearing students, barely enough gear to go back-to-back, etc).

The 16 I'm talking about were all altitude loads (11k-ish, since its a 182), every load had some sort of student on it and quite a few were tandems. It was one hell of a day for the staff, but fun none the less. :P

Our record is 17 or 18 loads in a day but only to 9500.

Still though, the altitude difference is only the difference of a few minutes, that's amazing dude. I imagine the pilot and staff were wore out from that day.

Our record is 17 or 18 loads in a day but only to 9500.

Still though, the altitude difference is only the difference of a few minutes, that's amazing dude. I imagine the pilot and staff were wore out from that day.

Heh? Tired from 17 loads?

--
Hook high, flare on time

My home DZ usually uses one C-182 (Bubbles), but we have 2 C-182's. Bubbles and Sharky respectively due to the paint jobs. We had a kick-a#$ King Air until some DMF'er belly landed it after flying it with bad fuel. Talk about 25 pissed off jumpers!

WE have one mid-sixties C-182, and a 1985 C-185 Skywagon (taildragger). They both run decent, but everyone looks forward to the Boogie, when the Super Otter comes to "town".

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."