Skystorm

24hrs since...

Ok, it's been 24hrs since my last ciggie. I'm really TRYING to quit. Cold Turkey. I've been holding out 24hrs now. The craving is getting worse. B|
I can't seem to think about anything without a cigarette being in the picture.:S
What in the hell do I do to keep myself from smoking? Especially since we are going out to our local bar tonight?[:/]

Gene Police: "YOU!! Out of the pool, NOW!!!"

BZ quit smoking 1.5 years ago. Like you, he quit cold turkey. Think of it as a game, being stronger than your previous self. (No, that doesn't mean I'm saying smokers are weak, but giving in to something when you really don't want to is a sign of weakness.) For BZ, every time he wanted a cig I attacked his body to take his mind off it. He he he. It worked, but then afterward, he wanted one. Ha ha ha...so what's a girl to do but attack his body all over again?;)

Seriously though...I admire people who quit anything cold turkey b/c of the amount of strength and stamina it takes. It's such a turn-on to know that a guy is that much in control of himself and stamina is always a good thing;).

I never asked BZ to quit, but I'm SURE glad he did.

Go with what you really want...if you really want to quit, then keep going on the same track you're on;)

stay away from activities that you normally smoked at!!!!!!

:ph34r::D That's practically EVERYWHERE!!! :P And I really chainsmoked at any skydiving event.B|

Mmmm, maybe I should ask my b/f to attack my body each time I crave.... :)

BZ quit smoking 1.5 years ago. Like you, he quit cold turkey. Think of it as a game, being stronger than your previous self. (No, that doesn't mean I'm saying smokers are weak, but giving in to something when you really don't want to is a sign of weakness.) For BZ, every time he wanted a cig I attacked his body to take his mind off it. He he he. It worked, but then afterward, he wanted one. Ha ha ha...so what's a girl to do but attack his body all over again?

I hate BZ.:P

A bar (or drinking for that matter) is a bad bad idea. I recommed waiting until it's been at least 4 or 5 days.

If you're going to go anyway try to sit back at a table as opposed to the bar or outside if they have outside seating. Take it easy on the drinking. Find someone to make out with (helps with the oral fixation).

Respect the Dolphin

Ok, it's been 24hrs since my last ciggie. I'm really TRYING to quit. Cold Turkey. I've been holding out 24hrs now. The craving is getting worse. B|
I can't seem to think about anything without a cigarette being in the picture.:S
What in the hell do I do to keep myself from smoking? Especially since we are going out to our local bar tonight?[:/]

I quit quitting last year. My family has a history of cancer, and three of my ancestors died of aneurisms. I am resigned to the fact that I will be dead by age 55... so why stop smoking now? So I can live til 56? Whatever.

[:/]

Try the patch, and/or nicorette gum...It took me both to even start to settle the craving. Once you've given your body the nicotine, there is nothing other than a psychological craving left to deal with.(bad enough, I know, but hey... one thing at a time). I've been off the smokes for over a year now, after 24 years of anywhere from one to three packs a day. It's not easy, but it is worth it in the long run...if nothing else, just think of the money you'll save...
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

Stay away from the patches and gums - they do nothing but put you in a constant state of nicotine withdraw.
Drink lots of juice and water the first few days.
Download something like this - it'll tell you how much money you've saved - that should be motivation enough!
The first three days are hard, because your body actually goes through nicotine withdraw. Then it's just a matter of keep your head strong. When you want a cigarette, know that the urge will go away, whether or not you have one. Remind yourself why you want to quit, think of reasons to not have that one. And you can't say "Oh, I'll just have one" And I agree with everyone else, stay away from the bar right now. And know this - sometime in the next few months, something will happen, and you'll use that to justify starting smoking again - divorce, your dog dies, work gets stressful, a big exam comes up, your favorite team goes to the super bowl.... something.... prepare for that now, and don't let it happen.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Patches and gum is too expensive over here and not that readily available.

But I think the worst of the withdrawl is over. Although my lungs feel that they're gonna burst. Is it normal for your lungs to pain after quitting?

I'm sticking to sucking things. :$ Get your minds out of the gutter, I mean lollipops and chocolate!!:P

i did well with patch right up until the point i started drinkin beer and then all hell broke loose. the patch came off and i was back to smokin again. btw those patches r in the drawer just sittin there. thus, i would strongly recommend not drinking. hell maybe u could kill 2 birds with one stone!

It is better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!

Scratch,

Just make damn sure that housemate of yours don't get her hands on some Swazi or whatever!! :D:ph34r:

I took a pull from my b/f ciggie this morning, and man it hit me right between the eyes. And I came to the conclusion that I hated the taste. Now it's just breaking the habit.
I used to light up when visiting DZ.com. Now I have to find the strenght to resist the urge to go buy a packet. I don't even carry cash in my wallet, but I do have a credit card.[:/] Think I should leave that at home from now on.