LouDiamond

THE MONKIES HAVE LEFT THE BUILDING!!

Chuck, Kattie and myself all got on a plane yesterday(and not to jump) and left Eloy yesterday afternoon. Except for a few, most of the DZ.comers are all gone now. For those of you that were there, you know the energy and frenzy that was in the air for those intense days we all jumped. That energy quickly died in the following days after New Years and the pace drastically slowed down but the jumping was just as fun.

Having just watched Corn's video and having looked at others footage I can clearly see that even though we were all under the same tent, there was a multitude of things going on at any moment. I think I speak for the majority when I say that the learning curve and fun meter were frequently pegged during this entire boogie. The pace seemed to only gain momentum with each day and it became difficult to find someone if you were on conflicting loads, which is why I was unable to jump with some of the people I wanted to jump with. I think all of those who were lucky enought to attend will agree that it didn't matter what type of flyer you were, everyone was included and had the opportunity to do things they normally wouldn't get an opportunity to do. I saw Free flyers on their bellies in RW formations and like wise, belly fliers in sits,HD and hybrids. I watched people fly through hoops(some crashed ;)) , learn tricks of the trade from packing, falling, flying, landing and every other little trick one can imagine. A lot of this also took place around the fire or in the Bent prop while Nig Noggery was in full effect. Which brings me to another high point in the boogie.

Never in this life would you think that a bunch of people from accross the country could come together having never met in person and party like we did. From the night of skinny dipping in the pool to walking on fire and of course the toasts........WE DRINK LIKE VIKINGS!! I doubt that there was ever a time that any one group of people was louder than the DZ crew when we were in action. Let it be written and let it be told that the Nig Noggery was legendary in Eloy of which we will likely never experience again. To say it was good would be misleading, you just had to be there:D. I am sure some of the video and still footage taken will never see the light of day, as I'm sure some of you are praying:D but Cajones has told me that the Rodriguez initiation footage will indeed be in the Eloy boogie video coming out. Myself and several others are now certified members of the Rodriguez brother family, bumpy brothers included;), of which we have Cajones to thank. I am still amazed that none of the buildings burnt down during the night and no one burnt too much skin off of either their hands,feet or face, although I was sure it was going to happen:D.

I was also very happy to see people helping each other out. I watched people give jump tickets away to those that needed them. I watched money, food, shelter, drink, transportation, equipment...you name it being shared and offered to those that may have needed it. I also watched the DZ.com plague touch just about everyone. I am now just getting over the cough and sniffles. Who ever brought that, leave it next time ;). I was also amazed at the people who came up to the tent who were long time lurkers or infrequent posters, it seemed like every day there was a new name to learn, other than Dave or Steve. Wendy, what was the finial count on Dave's and Steve's at this boogie?:D. I watched several milestones being reached while in Eloy and the subsequent pieing or drenching that accompanies it. I also witnessed the learning curve of desert sleeping. it was not hard to tell who stayed in the tents,bunk house or hotels first thing in the morning:D. I watched a group of people, myself included, live on adrenaline ,beer and GO FAST/RED BULL for over a week.It's a classic example of the rat giving itself pleasure instead of eating until it dies. :D;)

I had a fantastic time, better than I could ever of expected. I tied names to faces and REAl people, made friends, and learned new things. My advise to those who don't already do it.....fly a birdman suit, just try it once. To try and explain it would be pointless, it simply has to be done and it is worth it, that is my gift to you. You will know what i mean once you try it;) BTW, thanks Chuck...YOU DA MONKEY!!

I would be totaly remiss if I didn't mention the link pin in this whole event. Which is why I saved the best for last. Everyone who was there will agree that Betsy busted her ass before,during and after this boogie so that it was the sucess that it was. Without her involvment I doubt we would of had as much fun as we did as a group of strangers coming together in one location. I know that when I say it that everyone who was there is also saying it.......THANK YOU BETSY FOR EVERYTHING:D. Of course lets not foget about who also made this possible, none other than HH himself, Thanks again.

Now I can't wait until the next DZ.com boogie, where ever and when ever it might be held. But right now I am counting down to the 2003 Christmas Boogie in Eloy.....355 days and counting!!!:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

What else can I say but "WOW". You said it all Scott! The last 10 days were by far the best 10 days of my life despite the fact that I've been coughing up a lung for the last week.

You're right, Bets is the bomb! B - O - M - B Bomb! Thanks to Sangiro for bringing us all together and letting us be a part of his life!

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

indeed you were a surly lot :)i'll be able to get on any load on any call again ;)

till next time...same bat place same bat time...and hopefully a few others in between, we should terrorize someone elses home dropzone inbetween now and then :)

Scot, ol' buddy ol' bean, I think that was a dang good summary. I don't know who brought the cold, but they sure shared it good, right? And I guess we all know who kissed or shared drinks, based on who came home with it....
Betsy made it look a whole lot easier than it undoubtedly was. She rocks, as does everyone else there.

BTW, it's about 70 degrees in Houston today, with blue skies and just the right breeze. And I'm NOT at the DZ! Maybe we need to have lots of DZ.Commers at the next Houston boogie...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Ok, i must admit it...i am the one that brought the cold.:)

The summary of Lou's was perfect. It was just like being with my family. Thank you so much Bets for putting it all together and for loaning me a sleeping bag so i didn't freeze my ass off.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Wait a second... I KNOW I DIDN'T KISS YOU!!! But I think I did squeeze one out of HH!!! :$

Who wouldn't get sick sleeping out in the f**k'in desert for a week? What were we thinking???

Thanks to Wingy for the air matress, to Wendy for the ride (I owe you one girl), to Lisa for EVERYTHING (laughs, hugs, kisses, jumps, etc.), Doug for taking me head down at 211 (pull your minds out of the gutter), Skyrose for sharing the vibes on the Skyvan, Betsy and Muji for the beautiful train, AggieDave for the Shiner (definitely a deserving monkey), Viking and Cornholio for the pictures, Opie for letting me wrap my legs around him several times :o, Pimp Daddy Sky for our moment by the fire, and to all the other dz.comers who made it the best vacation ever!!! I hope some of that video NEVER surfaces!!! In the words of the great Coconutmonkey, "Senator, I do not recall!"

Oh, and for those that didn't get to meet the mystery man... HE IS A HOTTIE!!! :$ Between him and Pablito the "eye candy" was plentiful! :ph34r:

Katie

Lets not forget who took you on your FIRST Leg lock/sit fly babe LOL..only in Eloy could it be this fun

I remember who the FIRST person was that offered to hold me up while i peed on the flagpole....;)

Yeah, On the RED LIGHT!!!

Hey, it was more pink than red. Besides, I thought the pilot tipped the plane that way to make it easier for you and I to get off LOL:D;)

I remember who the FIRST person was that offered to hold me up while i peed on the flagpole....

I will remember that as long as I live. I only wish I had a video camera at the time. I am going to buy a video helmet and cam for the sole purpose of videoing nig noggery while i'm drinking:D
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

As a side bar, I will be sending the pictures I took at Eloy to Deuce so that he can compile them. Hopefully we can get everyones pics in a timely manner to him and he can burn them for us in JPEG format to disc. Be sure to use PS or whatever utility you use to adjust the color and to edit HH's face out so that Deuce doesn't have to go throught them all.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

"I kissed HH!!"
Toxic Twin Monkey Jr.

Sunshine, this is the first thread I noticed your new signature... I have to Jones on you though. It's already been pointed out that you kissed HH and he didn't particularly like it! :o

I also had to ask if that was an authentic monkey name or if it was self-proclaimed? :P

The only named monkey I remember at that boogie was Pablito when he was named "Shadymonkey"! :D

Katie

Talk about change of climate. I just looked out the window and it's snowing! I guess I'll have to keep the windows closed and pretend there's desert outside and I'm still in Eloy.;)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Ok, i must admit it...i am the one that brought the cold.

Oh it all makes sense now. I was in good health up until the point when sunshine gave me my first kiss pass. Then the next thing you know, I'm sick.

But to tell you the truth, the kiss pass was worth it (I think as I'm on the mend and did jump five times yesterday and would be jumping today if I wasn't at work) and a good time was had by all. B|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

let's not forget ShadyMonkey is also know as Seis Segundos Rodriguez and if you don't know why, you'll see in the Eloy Boogie Video...

of course, that footage as well as everything else pablito did for us is much appreciated.

wish i was still in eloy with cajones... and everyone
http://www.exitshot.com

let's not forget ShadyMonkey is also know as Seis Segundos Rodriguez and if you don't know why, you'll see in the Eloy Boogie Video...

PLAAAAEEEZE promise me you'll leave the audio portion in at the end, that's the frosting on the cake!!;)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Oh it all makes sense now. I was in good health up until the point when sunshine gave me my first kiss pass. Then the next thing you know, I'm sick.

But to tell you the truth, the kiss pass was worth it

You're so sweet. I would do just about anything for you after you saved me by lending me the "kenny coat":)

It's already been pointed out that you kissed HH and he didn't particularly like it!

Oh he liked it!! He's just dissing me cause i keep teasing him about his freefly skills.:P

Just got a PM from Deuce and he will be posting his E-mail addy to send your boogie pics to so he can compile them all on disc for us.So round them all up and get them zipped and ready for JP .
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Pablito to Chuck: "what is this 'shady'?"
Chuck to Pablito: "shady is someone who would try to fuck your old lady when you had your back turned."

Chuck to Pablito: "you are now known as Shady Monkey. Be proud that you are the first to be 'named' in quite some time."

Pablito is a great guy and I was plenty happy to award him my only spare skymonkey hat that I had with me on that trip.

Chuck

For some reason i thought he had been named slappy monkey, so i kept calling him "slap my monkey" all week. :S

Some how that doesn't surprise me. ;) By the way, Kenny feels neglected as you wore him more than I ever did.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

By the way, Kenny feels neglected as you wore him more than I ever did.

Well i need to make a trip to CO then to keep Kenny company.:P I'm sure noone got a pic of that.:|