ZipTie

Poll :Tax Refund

Bills, bills, bills. Gotta get 'em paid off, or the next thing you know you're in way over your head, can't seem to dig back out, and not only will you not have enough money for a newer rig, but you won't have jump money either. Back bills can end up as wage garnishments. Pay 'em, then get a rig.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Mostly bills.The only thing Im buyin for myself is an alti so when I DO get in the air ,the gear rental is a LITTLE cheaper.Thats the only way I will ever get my own gear,one piece at a time.

dropdeded
pcss#26
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Shhhh Mama, you're gonna blow my ignorant cover!

Sorry, Rev, I'll do my best to tarnish your image from now on. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Shhhh Mama, you're gonna blow my ignorant cover!

Sorry, Rev, I'll do my best to tarnish your image from now on. ;)

Thanks!

Erno's trying too, but I'm fighting that one! B|
It's your life, live it!

Cmon Val, just 3 more posts.....
You can doooooo eeaaattttt!background voice>

Oh my god! I didn't even notice! I am such a whore now!

Oh, geez. I think you missed the word "post" in that reply somewhere....:P
It's your life, live it!

Tax refunds = New gear

Not for me, though. My rig will do just fine for another year or so.

I thought about tunnel camp, but why spend all that extra to fly to Florida when there's going to be a perfectly good tunnel 15 minutes from my house by Labor Day?

I'd love to get a new car, but I doubt my refund will be enough for a down payment even after adding the trade in value of my current wheels.

An enduro motorcycle would be a fun toy, and even somewhat practical for getting to and from work - they do get good gas mileage after all. But again, I doubt I'll get enough money to buy one that's in really good condition.

So yeah. It's probably going to be spent paying off credit cards and other assorted bills. If there's anything left after that I'll get a DVD player and go make a jump or two.

I've already ordered a new Javelin and a new Sabre 2. I already have 2 cypreses so no need for another one. All I need now is a new helmet. The rest of the refund will go toward my Perris trip.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

When the tax refund arrives, my significant other and I are going to have rousing debate over how to use the money.

We will debate whether to invest the money for retirement (it looks like I am going to have to work a lot harder and smarter for the next 20 years if I am going to be able to afford retirement), invest it in flying lessons (I am within $5000 of a commercial pilot license), buy a used video camera, etc.
The big question here is whether the camera will pay for itself in the short run. Even better would be for the camera to pay well enough to complete the commercial pilot's license, and pay for the instrument rating next winter and pay for the multi-engine rating the winter after that, etc.
The toughest part will be convincing my boss that the new camera mount is worth it. It looks like I will have to invest the money in the camera and then allow the students to nag him into paying me for using the camera. He he!