Deuce

What a great opportunity to f*ck up royally.

Valentine's day.

Don't f*ck it up.

Guys, Valentine's Day is Friday. It's Tuesday. Order the flowers now or it will be too late.

Get a card. Read the stupid card. Getting the wrong stupid card is a very, very bad thing. They keep this sh*t. Forever.

DO NOT get silk roses. DO NOT get artificial flowers of any kind.

DO bring the flowers to her work, or have them delivered there.

I do not pretend to understand the WHY of any of this, but trust me, if you are in any kind of relationship with a woman get her some romatic stuff, flowers are usually best, and a card, BEFORE Friday.

This message brought to you in brotherly goodwill.B|

JP

I do not pretend to understand the WHY of any of this, but trust me, if you are in any kind of relationship with a woman get her some romatic stuff, flowers are usually best, and a card, BEFORE Friday.

Hmmm...well I won't be getting anything this year - being single and all. But, I never expected any flowers or anything on Valentine's Day. I think that it is a stupid holiday IMO. Even when I was in a relationship we never really did anything special just because it was Valentine's Day. I much rather someone do something sweet or romantic just because - not because a holiday tells them to do so.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

Thats the most important one. She has to show off in front of her freinds by receiving them at work. Bringing them to the house later is just not the same. :P (yes, i'm being sarcastic)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

She has to show off in front of her freinds by receiving them at work. Bringing them to the house later is just not the same. (yes, i'm being sarcastic)

"Many a truth is hidden in jest" That's Shakespeare or somebody smart like that.

It is a stupid holiday. That doesn't get us off the hook.

At least get the card.

Thats the most important one. She has to show off in front of her freinds by receiving them at work. Bringing them to the house later is just not the same. :P (yes, i'm being sarcastic)

you are so right...in fact because i'm single i better order myself a dozen roses right now to be sent to my work on friday...so i can brag to my friends about how wanted i am ;)

Many a truth is hidden in jest" That's Shakespeare or somebody smart like that.

Sad, but true. As for me, i'm just hoping i get a lizard on my file cabinet for VDay.

- Flowers at work - MAJOR Points!!!
- Card - never cared too much about a card.
- Candels are very nice!
- Massages - go to Bath n Body Works they have some good sh#$.
- salt/sugar scrubs are great in the shower - very arousing!!!

That's my two cents.

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

Scoby-do, long time no post!

I'm on top of things this time!

Yes, very good. Apparently you too, have responded to the stimuli.

Forget the day: !SHOCK!

Flowers delivered to work: !REWARD!

suite at the W, dinner at a fancy restaurant, massages, champagne

: !BIGBIG REWARD!

um..do you have a Valentine to go with that??:)

Ya know--my officemate is always getting flowers delivered here. And now it is just customary--so whenever someone walks in it is always "oh cindy who gave you the flowers??" and I look at them like Hello!! But she's a whore anyway. :P

Bubble baths are good too!!!

The sugar scrubs are great... It starts out as a nice massage from toe to head, the scrub and massage stimulates the blood flow. The aromatherapy kicks in, then the oils from the scrub become slippery against both bodies - next thing you know it's some hot love makin! hehehehe

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

I'm not into Valentines Day, but I do agree that sending them to work seems to be a big plus for the guy just because everyone always makes such a freakin' big deal about them. Almost like they have never seen flowers before.

I'll get the exciting job of dealing with all the flowers, bears, balloons, candy and other sh#t delivered to the school Friday. I wish they would totally ban all this crap. WTF does a 6,7 or 8th grader need with all if it anyway?

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

What about something from Victoria Secrets?????B|

Unless your lady is really into VS lingerie and you know her sizes very well, this would fall into the category of her gift to you.;)

Most men should not shop for any sort of clothes for their ladies; the pitfalls are tremendous, i.e. "You expect me to wear THAT?", "What kind of slut do you think I am?!", and the ever-popular "You bought it, YOU wear it!".

Fortunately, I have not had this problem, I don't know if it's because TLML is the exception or I am, but in the 35+ years we have been together, she has never returned any clothes I bought her, for size or color. Hell, I've even bought her swimsuits. Unless you and your SO fall into this admittedly rare category, stick with the other suggestions made in this thread.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

you are so right...in fact because i'm single i better order myself a dozen roses right now to be sent to my work on friday...so i can brag to my friends about how wanted i am ;)

Where do you work? I'll bring you a flower and take you to lunch :) You can kick me to the curb later, B|
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Cards can be torture to write.

Ahh...but if you write them right, they can be quite potent!

As an aside for you guys looking to order flowers:

If you feel that roses are so "mainstream" and everyone gets roses (which is usually true), find a good flourist and describe to them the message you wish to convey, and how much you can spend. Let the flourist tap their creative juices for you. In my experience, I've had much greater success and memorable impacts with all sorts of arrangements (I don't know anything about flowers) where roses weren't involved. I don't have to worry about such items this year (or so it seems many years in a row...timing is off [:/])...

So, if you want to stand out, take a chance, let the artist do their work, but guide them in their journey. Now's the time! Good luck. ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I don't have to worry about such items this year (or so it seems many years in a row...timing is off

If you feel the need to buy flowers for someone, you could brighten the day of a convict and send some to a chick in prison.:)

I actually agree with you in that roses are so mainstream. Everyone gets them in massive quantity and they are dead within the week. I would much prefer a smaller arrangement of creative flowers that lasts much longer and has much more visual impact. EX...an arrangement of daisey and mums mixed will last up to 2 weeks when taken care of, then you can pull those stems that are still nice and take a vase with you to work or put beside your bed.

Just my opinion for what it is worth since I haven't gotten flowers since a certain DZ.comer sent me some as an "I'm sorry life is kicking you right now" thought. (Thanks hon B|)

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Hell, I've even bought her swimsuits.

Shoot, Jack, you're good! I can't even buy myself bathing suits that fit well!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon