PLFKING

Honda vs. Suzuki ?

B(ig) M(oney) W(asted)

At 10 cents per mile to operate (not including gas), you aren't kidding. I have this theory that it costs less to buy a new one, drive it until something breaks and buy another new one than to actually get the thing serviced.

But it's still cheaper than an airplane :P
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Riddler, the BMW snob keeps his trap shut ...

Us spaghetti (sp?) bigots are staying pretty damn quiet too.:)
If you can't afford the pain and unreliability of an Italian bike (they'd surely be better 25 years on, wouldn't they ? ) go Honda - can't kill 'em.

Ooroo
Mark F...

I ride a VFR 800VTEC and it is the bollocks. I love it.I used to hae a bandit 600 and have ridden Kwakas,Suzis and yamaha and the VFR is without a doubt the best I have had. I did 13000 iles last year and it ndled them with ease. Had one or two issues with the alarm and the side stand fell off (although I was leaning the bike down at the time and summed the streng of 10 bears not to drop it). Other than that it is great - not too arsh on long journeys and when you want to show the many r6's and GSXR600s on the english roads a thing or two there aint much they can do about it. The VTEC kicks ass also.

I like this bike so much it is coming to Australia with me to live.

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

LOL...I own both!

My first (and still my putt around town) bike is a Honda CB-1 (a 400cc sport standard, only sold for 2 years in the US).

My get up ad go bike is a Suzuki SV-650.

Both are great bikes that have had a couple problems...the Honda because it's old (1989) and the SV because I ride it hard. I've had the SV for a year and a half now, and the fork seals have strated leaking a bit. Also, the stock suspension on the SV left something to be desired, so my roadracer husband just put a race shock an fork on there and all was cool.

The SV is a great bike, with good power and torque...you see a lot of road-racers using it, though when the SV-1000 comes out this year it might be overtaken in that arena... :D

I think either company is good and reliable. My husband only races Hondas, and has pretty much only owned Hondas his whole life. We've still got a 1989 Transalp that runs fine, and his current street bike is a 1991 VFR750 (but don't use that as an example since he re-built it from when he totaled it)

Best idea: Get the one that you feeel suits your lifestyle and wallet and riding style the best.

* Now you see why my user name is what it is! :ph34r:

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Dyevout,

Lol, it don't leak oil...it marks it's spot...tee-hee...actually it's pretty good about not leaving oil everywhere. I had to get rid of the electric system (Lucas, prince of darkness) and use a black box to run it. Only 4 wires (ignition, headlight, tail/brake light, ground) and she does just fine. All the wires are hidden inside the frame which is my design, and made by friends (millwrights). It doesn't have a top end, (maybe 90 mph) but it gets me anywhere I need to go in style. So, I may get there (whereever) a little later than the Japanese bikes but I do it in style, lol.

FFF

Ride it till the wheels fall off.

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

I had a 1990 Suzuki Katana 1100 for 11 years, 40,000 miles, no problems. I've got an '02 BMW K1200RS now. It's all about horsepower:)
I think modern Japanese bikes are all about equal dependability-wise, so it's about what's a better fit for you.

BMW lets you take test rides, cause they know you'll end up buying one.;)

Mmmmmm. Heated grips. Mmmmmmm.

Hey Don, I gotta jump in here, but keep in mind that anything I say is coming from someone who prefers riding with his balls in his back pocket at 180mph. LOL...

I owned a 99' Honda 750 A.C.E. Deluxe a couple years ago, and literally by the time I drove it the 100 miles home from the dealership, I was ready to take it back (wished I'd known about buyer's remorse back then). The first thing I noticed was the lack of power, something I was told before I bought it that I chose to ignore, it had good mid-range power, but was sluggish everywhere else. As far as comfort goes, the seat was extremely comfortable, but after about an hour of windshield time the handlebars seemed about 12 feet wide. I literally felt like I was hanging from them, rather than simply holding on, which in turn made my lower back hurt like hell. Now, enough of the bad stuff... all in all it really was a fun bike to ride, Pam loved it, and we had a big-time riding it (around town). It looked awesome, service was great (yet I never had to replace any parts), and the price was right.

I've never actually ridden the Marauder, but that was my 'toss-up decision' as well. I simply found a damn good deal on my Shadow. However, simply by looking at it, I would say it's probably more comfortable, and knowing suzuki's street engines, it probably has plenty of power. I can't say I'd recommend either, but it could be that I just didn't like the 'cruise' in the bike. lol

I found an old web-page with some pics of my old shadow on it, some dumbass sprayed some graffiti all over the pictures and didn't save the originals, but you get the idea. lol Pics of my old bike

(Found a better picture of it minus the graffiti)

Blues!

Merrick

G_ShadowAB.jpg

Yeah, I bet it is freaky light. I dont dig the angular tanks, but it is a pretty cool looking chopper. For the displacement, I bet it really runs. My fatboy has a screaming eagle stage 1 intake, no baffles in the exhaust, and a Power Commander fuel injection computer. Totally the opposite direction of the idea of 'chopping' but it will jump at a red light. And at about 3500 You can hear the intake 'open up' and just suck like a hoover. Of course with a 5 speed box, my top end is not any higher than yours.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

Man, it is really light. Without the power plant I can lift the whole thing with little effort. It takes a little more effort to lift it with the whole thing assembled but still stays below 275 lbs, which gives it an awesome holeshot. The tank is a coffin tank, molded to the frame and except for the frame/tank and the head, everything is chromed. I don't ride it as often as I suppose I should but here in SC, at the moment, it's cold...(call me a wuss, but I'm not as young as I used to be).

FFF

Ride it till the wheels fall off.

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."