trilete312

Rantoul is Official

My Sister (who lives in Rantoul) just called to let me know that the local Rantoul paper just ran an article saying that it is official that WFFC is coming back to Rantoul on a 1 year contract.

Woo Hoo, I get to attend my first (beer) boogie in a place where I can sneak to a relatives house for some grub. :)
-----------
Ready, Set, Gooooooo

Either way, it's good times all around! You're gonna love it! I haven't been to WFFC since it's moved to Rantoul, so I'm really looking forward to this year. We can skydive all day and party all night. I'm really looking forward to meeting all the crazy folk who haunt the forums.

Truman Sparks for President

I was going to post the whole thing, but here it a tidbit and a link....;)

RANTOUL – Following two hours of debate, the Rantoul Village Board voted 4-2 Thursday to approve a new one-year contract to host the World Free Fall Convention at the Rantoul Airport.
This year's event is scheduled for Aug. 1-10.
Convention Organizer Don Kirlin said the Rantoul airport is ideally suited to host the convention, which is the largest sky-diving event in the world.

WFFC returns for ONE more year
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I'll be there!

I am wondering about the $5 per day camping fee though, is it for airport camping or just the campgrounds? Granted its only going to be about $50 for me if it is airport... thats still $50 I'd rather jump from planes with.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

You can bet that CSS will be bidding to get the Casa's there as well as probally SDA and their fleet again. I would'nt be surprized to see the biplane and the Balloons are a big hit and their pilots are almost as crazy as we are. I'm sure Don has a few tricks up his sleeve, I just hope he surprizes us this year with some planes.
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

I don't know about the camper fee, I'd be surprised if that was for airport camping. It sounds possibly for the campground area. But that's a pretty steep fee to tack on to registration for 10 days. it's still worth it...

As for this quote from the article:

Lewis said she was concerned because the village lost some $60,000 on the 2002 event and that Rantoul's sales tax revenue in August 2002 was down 7.8 percent from the previous year.

How could the village lose money when Wal-Mart sold out of water??? Not to mention all the other revenue we brought in... glad the majority rules, and the wise realize sales revenue from automibles was a factor, not us. I can't even tell you how much cash I dropped last August in Rantoul...

Anyway, i'm excited, Rantoul rocked, and is only going to be better this year with a few of the little kinks worked out. I'd donate $5 for them to build a real showerhouse on the airport though.

Peace... Great things to come in August... great things indeed!
http://www.exitshot.com

Rick Richardson, owner of the Liquor Locker, said his sales went up 41 percent during the convention.
“I'd jump out of a few planes myself for 41 percent,” he said.

It might be a good idea for everyone going this year to remember this local support we generate when you shop in Rantoul. If you have a choice between stocking up at home before you leave or buying it at Rantoul, buy in Rantoul and tell them why you're in town.

Oh... I stoped there twice and got beer wrapers the one time since I still had my freefly pants on. 3 people walking in, one in freefly pants, one with an RW suit tied on the waist and the thrid one shaking the head at the other 2 tend to get noticed :D That mexican restraunt had to make a killing...

I also made a note to wear my skydiving shirts all around town when ever I had to go there.

Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

what aircraft will be there this year? the web site still has 2002 rides. Lots of the same for this year?

The standard fleet (casas, biplane, twotters, mullins). Specialties in the works would be the C130 and others. I'll have the new website up once I get my puter back. My ex has it locked in the house and my key doesn't work.
I'll be doing a few edits to the existing site over the next couple of days. Most of the info remains the same though...
-----
~~~Michael

How could the village lose money when Wal-Mart sold out of water???

Basic infrastucture costs:
Electric out to the manifest trailer & the dz row tents
the telephone pole that Cajones, Chango and myself had put in for the wireless hardware
etc.
I believe (total speculation here) that the 5$ camping fee will be to help in repairing the damage the idiots among our bretheren did to the facilities at the campground. If anyone catches anyone destroying stuff again, please beat them silly~~~

My question is this for all campers or just the RV peeps? and if it is for all campers how the hell are they gonna be able to keep track of that stuff....they gonna drop by all the tents to make sure only 2 people are in such and such tent......I mean...come on...this is a BS agreement....you want me to pay 25 bucks ontop of the already high registration(in my opinion)?????? I'd pay the 5 bucks with out problem if they provided real fricken showers...and Real bathrooms instead of the fricken porta johns...I hate those things.....

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

My question is this for all campers or just the RV peeps? and if it is for all campers how the hell are they gonna be able to keep track of that stuff....they gonna drop by all the tents to make sure only 2 people are in such and such tent......I mean...come on...this is a BS agreement....you want me to pay 25 bucks ontop of the already high registration(in my opinion)?????? I'd pay the 5 bucks with out problem if they provided real fricken showers...and Real bathrooms instead of the fricken porta johns...I hate those things.....

From what I gathered, the $5 was for the campground. Tent city camping I would think is still included in registration.
So it's a $5 premium for "quiet" camping. Personally, I like having my tent a few steps from dropzone row...less distance to stumble before passing out!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1