trilete312

Rantoul is Official

The good thing is I had DZ.comers to jump with...so we just organized amongst our selves...I ended up with my falcon from doing a 4 way (in my darkside suit of course) with two other DZ.comers and a guy we met there...alot of fun doing it on our own...my only problem was I couldn't find the REAL LO's that were there...or the ones I did have said I didn't have enough RW experience for there tent...blah blah blah....oh well..the way's of the dark side warrior...:)

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

At the convention, I meet a lot of people from Cessna DZs. The biggest thing that they have ever done is a 4-way. Most are doing 2-ways and don't have a real idea of their fall rate.

In fairness to the LOs that you met, if they are putting together an 8-way and you take it out, everyone else gets pissed at the LO. Perhaps they had something planned that was a little aggressive for your experience level. Some of the others may want to push their limits and your goals conflict with theirs. That is ok. Go play with others.

That is why the Magic Carpet rides and some of the smaller stuff was so much fun. It is all about planning for success within the range of the people. Anyway, don't worry about it. It was nothing personal.

used to do a lot of head down myself, but after a few jumps I got stable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to freefly but I couldn't afford the camera.

heyi try bellyflying on every jump!!! just before i pull...:P

--
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

The one thing that i do beleive should be offered, is some kinda shuttle service. When landing in the spectator area, it's a helluva long walk back to the packing tent. Sometimes you don't have a choice where you're gonna land, so it would be nice if they had golf carts or whatever shuttling people around.

It's been suggested and it's on the list. Basically have an extra 6 person cart in addition to the one for the tandems to drive the experienced people back and forth.
-----
~~~Michael

Mike

Think packing tent in the spectator area...people watch us pack get interested ask questions...go jump..blah blah blah...that way I'd pack right there..and always land over there....;):)

inside or outside the fence? better to keep the specs inside so they don't get run over by landing canopies...
-----
~~~Michael

Mike

Think packing tent in the spectator area...people watch us pack get interested ask questions...go jump..blah blah blah...that way I'd pack right there..and always land over there....;):)

Oh no, now you did it.:o It's Michael, not Mike.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

The one thing that i do beleive should be offered, is some kinda shuttle service. When landing in the spectator area, it's a helluva long walk back to the packing tent. Sometimes you don't have a choice where you're gonna land, so it would be nice if they had golf carts or whatever shuttling people around.

It's been suggested and it's on the list. Basically have an extra 6 person cart in addition to the one for the tandems to drive the experienced people back and forth.

HEY FOLKS, just wanted to reply to a couple of things, being the one who was at that meeting and actually knows what was said by whom.
5.buck charge to campers. It will be paid by the convention. It will be charged to the convention, and there is no plan to change the fee to the skydivers. This will be charged to the convention organizers based on the number of RV's Campers and Motor home type vehicles in the RV area. Tents are not included in the equation. Tent camping in the rough has always been free.
Showers/toilets are in the works at the airport. The village is currently going through the bidding process, and hopes to have REAL SHOWERS WITH HOT AND COLD WATER installed by August. This is NOT JUST FOR US. They have several different events that attract large crowds, and hopefully as MICHAEL points out, we will respect their property, and report anyone who doesn't, so those are the people who pay for their own damage, not the rest of us, in future price increases.
SHUTTLES: we had about 20 shuttles there each day. WHEW! WHAT A BIG PLACE. We need LOTS more, and we know it! We are working to add many more, but we need trucks, and drivers, and or golf carts and drivers, depending on the routes. If you are bringing a whuffo with you, or you take a 'no jump' day, come and find ME, at the registration area. I will put you in a vehicle, if you don't have your own. My own truck was the green chevy with the 'fly120' license plate that picked many of you up from out landings. Allso, all of our volunteers and staff members have STRICT instructions, that if they are on a golf cart that is paid for by the Convention, it should always be in use as a shuttle. So if you see a 'staff' t shirt, ask for a ride. I was the one with 6 skydivers at all time on my 2 man golf cart.
Email me with more suggestions, I love it! and they help make the convention that much better and more fun! [email protected]
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]