Enrique

So sad....

agreed [:/] and gives real meaning to the phrase "sick dread" when I think of the casual, calm way he has offered up our children and friends and family to his war cause.... '...we are not a fragile people' I shudder at his lack of compassion for the families of those who will surely be lost...

Brokeneagle.:(

I'm really very gentle, no matter what my kung-fu teacher says... he is giving me a reputation I do not deserve!

And where're they gonna go? France?

You think the French would turn him away?

-
Jim

They're the ones shielding him:| They're gonna change theire minds now?:S

Yep, they'd have no more financial incentive if he wasn't in power.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Just finished listening to U.S. President's address to the world. It's a sad moment..... :(

It is a happy moment for me! The "War for Oil" and similar dimwits out there are about to be shown that this is actually a STAND against EVIL.

When we don't seize the oil (like we didn't in '91), when we don't bomb innocent civilians, and when the people of Iraq are free of an evil tyrant, perhaps your sadness will diminish.

. . =(_8^(1)

Speaking of dictators.Are we or are we not being
dictated to.Do we have a voice?
Apperently not:( And for the people who are
pro war,I just wish you could see the bigger picture.
This is going to change the course of our country and
world for the worse.The ripple effect of this war is
going to take many years to subside,and the shit
that were dishing will find its way back to our plates.
It amazes me that after centuries of war and hatred,humanity cant find the balls to try something
different.Maybe its just easier to act out of fear instead of love.I thought I would see change in my lifetime,or perhaps an evolution towards a more
meaningful way of life for my kids and theirs,but
unfortunately us ants dont have the power to make that choice. Well keep spreading the peace anyways.
Hope is the only tangible thing in life:)

The bit that sent shivers down my back was the " You will be prosecuted as war criminals, and 'following orders' is not a defense."

That comment was directed to the use of WMD, which probably isn't a problem for UK soldiers.

True - but if the UK soldiers go in and the war is later determined to be illegal then they are liable for charges for war crimes. There wasnt any WMD in Bosnia/Serbia either but they still prosecuted them for war crimes. Of course, if they win, then no doubt it wont have been an illegal war !

Genie

When we don't seize the oil (like we didn't in '91), when we don't bomb innocent civilians, and when the people of Iraq are free of an evil tyrant, perhaps your sadness will diminish.

Thanks for adding some humor to the thread! :)
Oh.. wait.. you were serious, right?
Remster

Looking back in time makes me wonder: is making war inprinted in our genes? It seems so :( Of course, SH is one of the worst in his kind, and should be dealt with. But by doing it this way, the world (including america) isn't gonna be a safer place, on the contrary....

Don't underestimate your ability to screw up!

I also think this will lead to a much more restricted and paranoid way of life in the "land of the free".

Why?

Well apparently Sadaam said in response to the ultimatum that when you start the war be aware that it will be fought everywhere - paraphrasing there but what he said certainly gave me the impression that he would have no problem retaliating on american soil. And no doubt he has the capabilities...maybe not war but terrorism... and you know, that really will curtail the freedom...

Genie

Saddam never had any problems with attacks on American soil.

Can you tell me when Sadaam was responsible for attacks on american soil?

In fact, he pays money to the families of terrorists.

As i have pointed out elsewere on this site an american organisation, supported and condoned by the american government sent hundreds of thousands of dollars to support terrorism and the families of terrorists.. Glass houses anyone? The organisation was NORAID by the way

So, now that he has admitted direct links to terrorists...

When did he do that? ive been watching sky news for about 8 hours now and didnt see that..

I have no doubt that there are sleeper cells in the US, but if you are going to worry about being a victim of them, your fear is curtailing your own freedom and he wins without lifting a finger.

I dont live in the US - im not worried about me. I am worried about innocent people being killed - and by innocent im including the military personnel out there on all sides..

My prayers go out to the troops and their familes.

Mine too, mine too. Im including the iraqi forces in that too tho. Not because im pro Sadaam - far from it - but because watching these young guys on tv, they will do everything they can to defend thei country irrespective of whether or not they agree with their government as would the US military in the event of an invasion.

Im not actually anti this war - i dont know what the answer is, and im glad its not my decision to make. Now its going to happen, may it finish fast with the least amount of death possible..

Genie

Thanks for adding some humor to the thread! :)
Oh.. wait.. you were serious, right?

Glad to help you find some humor!

What's humorous to me is the inevitable smugness of the minority (and wrong, and losing) side of the issue. See above for details.

. . =(_8^(1)

>when we don't bomb innocent civilians . . .

If we don't bomb any innocent civilians during this war I'll buy everyone here a beer. Unfortunately, if we go ahead with our announced "shock and awe" campaign, we're going to send ~300 1000-lb bombs into Baghdad on the first day of the war; I'm not sure they will be very good at avoiding civilians.

> Speaking of dictators.Are we or are we not being
>dictated to.Do we have a voice?

Yep, every four years you get to have your voice heard. Use that voice!

>The ripple effect of this war is
>going to take many years to subside,and the shit
>that were dishing will find its way back to our plates.

My prediction - when terrorism increases after the war, as the CIA predicts it will, the pro-war types will say "that's why we need a war against Iran!" Or North Korea, or Pakistan, or Syria. There's always someone else to 'make an example of'. We can 'free the people of Iran' or 'liberate North Korea' or 'stop an evil warlord' in Pakistan. There's always a good spin to justify a war.

That's right. The President and all the other "important" people are hidden in bunkers... safe from bullets, bombs, and chemical weapons. The rest of us are not!

Oh please... Join the military and defend yourself if you are so afraid..

>when we don't bomb innocent civilians . . .

If we don't bomb any innocent civilians during this war I'll buy everyone here a beer. Unfortunately, if we go ahead with our announced "shock and awe" campaign, we're going to send ~300 1000-lb bombs into Baghdad on the first day of the war; I'm not sure they will be very good at avoiding civilians.

Do you know how fast we could have finished off North Vietnam had we decided to aim at non-military targets? But we didn't, and we haven't aimed at civilians since Hiroshima & Nagasaki. In this war, any civilian deaths will certainly be accidental.

. . =(_8^(1)

You said "And no doubt he has the capabilities...maybe not war but terrorism... and you know, that really will curtail the freedom... "

I said I won't live in fear.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

I dont live in the US - im not worried about me. I am worried about innocent people being killed

Tell that to the 60,000 Iraqi's Sadham gassed.. Tell that to every man and woman that would not play his game that was dipped in acid that over a period of about 5 minutes melts their skin off and kills them slowly. You have no clue who this man is..

Rhino

It doesn't seem to me that liberals will ever wake up. You all are living or trying to live in some fantasy, idealistic world where everything's good, nothing bad happens. Well guess what, there are bad people in the world and they are a threat and they MUST be taken care of.

"Ohhhhh, Sadam doesn't have WMD." He said himself that he did. Snap, snap, wake up!

"Oh, well, he wouldn't use those against us or anyone else." He's already used them against his own people. What makes you think he won't use them against everyone else. Wake the fuck up!

"Well we need to solve this using diplomacy." We've been trying that for twelve years. Guess what, it DOESN'T work for SH.

Stop being afraid to stand up for your country. Ask not what you can do for the good of the liberal party but what you can do for the good of your country! Thanks to previous UN resolutions, this war is legal, no matter how much the liberals try and twist it. Quite pathetic.
-So, how hard is the ground?!