nykim06

college what is the most important thing

This is like the hardest thing in the world

Almost a perfect sentence. Using the word like in every sentence is not because you have dyslexia, it's because you watch too much MTV.;)

BTW, does anyone else think I am feeding a troll here?[:/]

Chris

No matter where you choose to go, there are a couple of things to consider:

It's harder sometimes to make the decision than it is to live with it
If you change your mind, you can transfer from one school to another. Choose the one that's harder to transfer into first.
Wanting a swim team you can swim on is perfectly valid -- maybe the one close to home has intramurals?
You're going to have a college education your entire life -- make it something that gives you pleasure, and not just something that will get you your first job after school.

If your parents are somewhat overprotective, it might be a good idea to live away; going away to college gives you the opportunity to make all sorts of minor mistakes and not have your parents know as you figure out how to deal with them. That's a good thing. Speaking as a parent :)
Good luck with your choice regardless of where you go. And remember you can change. You might limit some options, but if you put off deciding, you'll limit them even more sometimes.

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I failed a Math class in college and now I teach math so go ahead and laugh.

OK. ROFLOL.:D

Of course, I failed the only computer class I took in college. And I took it pass-fail :$. Now I'm a (former) programmer.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Somehow I can't see you failing at anything.

I failed a Math class in college and now I teach math so go ahead and laugh.

Lisa

Well, I haven't failed. I learned in the end how to apply myself and overcome. I lost that battle. But I think I'm winning the war. (metaphor folks....just a metaphor)

Oh and.....bwahahahahhaha [points finger] bwhahahahhahahahah......

You may now go back to your regularly scheduled post whoring.

we choose to write in online shorthand

While you may have made the choice to use "on-line shorthand", many high school and college students have a rather poor command of the english language... and are unable to write a proper sentence. Kinda sad, really ...

(This post was edited by nykim06 on Mar 19, 2003, 11:29 AM)

It certainly wasn't for grammer, spelling, capitalization, indentation, or punctuation.....bwahahahahahahha

Oh please, unless she was writing an english paper for you shut up about grammAr spelling and capitalization.

That is a bad attitude that gets many of my students in trouble. I often ask for a term paper, and they get upset because grammar and spelling count in my engineering course.

If you want to look ignorant in ANY context, just write badly.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

That is a bad attitude that gets many of my students in trouble. I often ask for a term paper, and they get upset because grammar and spelling count in my engineering course.

Well put Kallend! You and I have found some common ground.:)
Chris

Well other than that really thick book "How to Fly a Plane":o:D:P

He's very thorough, he always consults it before takeoff or landing, and he reads it in-flight after he's finished the crossword.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I agree. Just wait and see how far poor spelling will get you on a job application.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

"I before E, except after C".

No, no, sweetie- it's "I before E, except in Budweiser" :ph34r:

I will never forget that rule. I missed class that day they taught us that useful little gem, and subsequently failed the next spelling test- a thing so traumatic to me, I am still scarred and haunted by it to this day. [:/]

;) Yeah, I know, I have issues.

I agree. Just wait and see how far poor spelling will get you on a job application.

That's right. They may have to go into politics instead.;)

Chris

You are absolutefely right, a politimatician can say anything anyway like NUCKLEAR and steel be accepted ass an EDUCAMATED person. :P

Unless you're getting a technical degree, there are 3 things that happen in college: nig-noggery, networking and ultimately a few important lines to add to your resume. You can kill brain cells and make friends anywhere -- don't let that limit your future. A better school may open doors for you both to graduate school and employment. Would I want to live at home during college? Hell, no! But, you can spend as much time on campus as you want and you'll be a lot happier if you have money (instead of debt) after you graduate. Instead of swimming, you could make a few bucks working to let you get your own place or dorm room (and still go food shopping in your family's refrigerator or eat there). If you want to continue to swim, you may be able to find a master's league and swim for the rest of your life. It all depends on what you want in the end.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

I'm a little late in responding to this post. But, at any rate. I lived with my parents when I was in college. It was mainly a financial decision. I had to take loans out for school and it did not make sense to me at the time to spend a lot of extra money to live in a dorm. Now that I just started paying those loans back I am so happy that I decided not to live in a dorm. Sure, I may have missed out on some experiences and what not, but, in the end I still have degree. To me this was the intended end result.

Re AggieDave:

Generally speaking, you don't want your graduate degree from the same place you got your undergrade. Its a bit like academic incest.

I see nothing wrong with a person going to undergrad and grad school at the same college. I did it. My college offered a program that cut off an entire year of undergrad. I was able to get my BA and MBA in 5-yrs (well it took me 6). But, in the end it saved a little time and a lot of money.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."