lewmonst

Volleyball anyone???

anyone else play real volleyball? USAV??? anyone?

i'm post whoring a couple random photos from my weekend last weekend, i like it cause it looks like i can jump high!

peace

goddamnit lew, those shots are blurry... haven't you ever heard of posing for the shot? just get the ball to stand still for a sec the pictures would come out a lot nicer!! ;)

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

butt cheek on the second shot looks nice;)

I agree. However maybe you could find another shot that is a little more clear so we can know for sure;).

anyone else play real volleyball? USAV??? anyone?

I play co-ed volleyball, but I'm not sure if you'd classify it as real volleyball. We play on sand at this really neat suburban Denver facility that has six indoor sand courts (three on each side) with a bar sandwiching the indoor courts and there's also two outdoor sand courts. It's the big social (Wednesday) night of my week. ;)

Check it out at "www.votr.com"

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

this really neat suburban Denver facility that has six indoor sand courts (three on each side) with a bar sandwiching the indoor courts and there's also two outdoor sand courts. It's the big social (Wednesday) night of my week

I didn't know you were in jail!

:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I play something that resembles volleyball in that there's a net and a white ball. But we're the worst team in the B league. And I'm not talking USVBA class B, either.

But I think this is my last season for awhile; I'm getting frustrated, and it's not fun any more. Maybe come back on a different team.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Cool shots, Lew ! Who took those for you ? The last one looks like it was taken from straight above, almost.

I have taken some pretty cool pics of my brother playing goalkeeper in soccer. They are hard to get a shot in focus while in motion... but when they do, they turn out VERY cool.
http://www.brandonandlaura.com

These were taken with a CoolPix 5000 (digital). The light was pretty crappy, and I was hesitant to use a flash, as it might distract the players.

I shot them at ISO 800 (the highest this camera goes), with manual color balance and used assorted focal zones to prefocus the camera and "lie-in'wait" for the shot. There's more at Lew's website.

Not my best work, but with the lag in the shutter release (variable - up to more than 1 second from shutter to photo) and constant motion and changing focal distance, I think I did well (about 60 times). Id've been better with a good 35mm camera and a good zoom - Or better yet, anyone wanna' get me a EOS 1Ds?

BTW - Isn't she sexy?

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

yumm tall leggy athletic women...oops was that out loud?:)

the blur is the camera guys fault, shoulda used faster film..

thanks Zenister... you guys are all nice. but i'm still hoping to find some other USAV players

wendy, i know what you mean, i've played in Rec leagues and i go nuts.

Brandon, the blocking shot is not from straight up as the net is straight up and down so you can use that as a reference as to what angle the shot was taken from. it was taken with a simple zoom though.

isn't CA Jones a great photographer. too bad he doesn't have a 10D or something like that...
:P
peace
http://www.exitshot.com

Don't get me wrong; I suck too. Just not quite as bad as my team does within the league.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

gyms do have wierd lighting sometimes..looks plenty bright, but the camera doesnt think so..:(

we had to set up spotlights in our gym to get "stop action" photos for a newpaper article on fencing..and you couldnt even look to the left side of the strip or you'd see spots..made for some crappy fencing, but the pictures looked good...B&W film seemed to not require as much light to get the same effects.

of course this was all pre-digital 35mm stuff..

cool pics.. wish my classmates were that good... my class at work is playing the "chiefs" the highest ranking guys on base today in a volleyball match..... my class is gona loose big time to a bunch of old guys....lol.....aaverage age for them...38 average for us..22...lol.....

Last time I played REAL volleyball was in high school ... I miss it

Same here. I wasn't very good at it (lets just saying serving was NOT my strong point;)), but it sure was fun to get up on the net and block our rival school's hot shit spiker's shots. :ph34r:

Ummm, I like the uniforms with the tight pants and long legs. Volleyball girls are so dreamy:S:S:S.

-Hixxx

me thinks that's why CA Jones actually enjoys sitting a gym all day watching me (and every other girl) play.

peace
http://www.exitshot.com

anyone else play real volleyball? USAV

I don't have a clue what you mean by "real" USAV volley ball ...

I played lots of volleyball for years ... for fun. Same with Walleyball ... it's all good. At 6'6", I was a good power hitter/blocker. My good buddy Scott is also 6'6". They used to call us "twin towers".

My wife, back in high school, was on our school's team... they won the Provincial Championship. I know a couple of guys that were national level players way back when ...

I like the pix you posted!