OmriMon

Alcohol

No, but it would make you a smart kid!!! (sorry, Omri, but compared to the number of years I've been around, you still qualify as a "kid") ... would you agree, Skyhawk? Ya don't need to be boozy to be a good skydiver. As long as you respect the wildly diverse approaches to life that members of the skydiving community have, you'll fit right in!

Poster: Iflyme
Subject: Re: Alcohol
No, but it would make you a smart kid!!! (sorry, Omri, but compared to the number of years I've been around, you still qualify as a "kid") ... would you agree, Skyhawk? Ya don't need to be boozy to be a good skydiver. As long as you respect the wildly diverse approaches to life that members of the skydiving community have, you'll fit right in!

yep i agree being a youngen meself i know how u feel (but im not young :-) ) just wait to you start jumpen man everyone is way older has done way more stuff and is way wiser so listen carfully to what they say. hell alot of them r even married i think the next youngest at my dz that i have met is 21 and on the alcohol as the beer-police (the booker not the drinker :-) ) i will rember it and every first u have is a carton of coke :-) and wether or not u will fit in i doubt that any skydiver worth the time of day would put down/ not talk to anyone just cause they dont drink i sometimes drink.... milk at my dz and they see that as my choice and they would never force anyone no matter how old to drink .... but it doesnt mean i got away without putting on a slab :-)

Yeah, tractors have *pulling power*!
Sorry, I know that's lame but I just had to get it in there.
/s
PS not drinking is probably a good thing - not smoking is definitely a good thing! There are lots of quicker, cheaper less painful ways to kill yourself if you really hate life enough to want to smoke.

Hi- I'm 17 and I don't have a license either, and I'm not even likely to ever get a tractor license - driving license possibly! I do have a license to do radio broadcasts, but that's poo! I don't think drinking makes you a good skydiver - just gives you something to do when you can't jump!

If that makes you a bad skydiver, it might explain why some of my friends and I can't turn 20 points on a dive. Seriously, I'm a very light drinker (1 beer a month on average) and several of my skydiver friends don't drink at all.
I also know some folks at the DZ who actually missed the sunset load so they could start drinking 30 minutes earlier.

How did I miss this thread?? There are so many new ones everyday it takes me hours to read them all! My hemp necklaces aren't gettin' done!
Anyway, Omri...good for you. Myself, I am a lush, and well known at the DZ for getting blitzed. But I am slowing down these days. In fact I am SO proud! I haven't jumped with a hangover in ages! (Of course I don't jump very often either, thanks to the frickin' weather!) I have cut down on the booze consumption at the dropzone, but not at home. Hey I am in college, what can I say? I definitely have an addictive personality...sigh. No one better give you a hard time for not drinking at the DZ or I will personally come over there and kick their ass! You are just too cool, bro. I love our daily conversations! Stay sober, trust me on this one...I oughta know!
Sis (hiccup!) :D

Sis-
I think I have a similar rep at my DZ... many a mornings people would just bring me advil and excedrin in manifest... I can't count how many times I fell on the deck, and I do distinctly remember once in ZHills when I was so gone they vacuumed my fleece and I didn't wake up... hmmm.... =c) I love this sport!
Stacy
http://astro.temple.edu/~sweeks

Stacy, LOL! I am happy to hear there is another female jumper who likes to get toasty! hehe...that's sad, I know.
They vaccummed your fleece? Like the one you were wearing? LOL. I have some drinking/dropzone experiences I think I would rather NOT relive. At least they don't involve sex. I am good about that, I have never even taken my shirt off at a bar or danced on tables. I just fall out of the chair. :D
sis