samp76

Internet Connection Speed???

I'm less than 8000 feet from SBC's CO in Santa Ana, I did a download from Real Media this afternoon at a rate of 1.3Mbps... B|

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Im am currently on dial-up ever since earthlink and AOHell merged together on the sprint servers even though I should be getting a 56K connection Im averaging about a 7200 - 20000 baud rate. Yeah I know this blows goats. So Im making the decision to get a cable modem. About time I get out of the dark ages. they said I should avg between 3.3-3.5 Meg a second which is 1,000,000 times better than this crap Im on now. But yep Im giving my 2 CENTS not 2 "cent" worth in this thread so how bout that. :S

- GQ

... it was the love of the air and sky and flying, the lure of adventure, the appreciation of beauty ...
-Charles Lindberg

I have cable (Wide Open West) at home and DSL at the office. I had Roadrunner at home for years. It's okay, but with WOW I get better TV reception, 3x the connection speed, and it's almost half the cost. Roadrunner assured me I'd be back when I called to cancel, but I can't imagine why I would do that. ;)

Cable modem now (that's what I voted for), for switching over to 1.5 meg bidirectional wireless veeeeeeeery soon!

Just curious, what type of wireless equipment are you going to get? I am getting ready to get cable pretty soon and go wireless.

Beats me! :S

Whatever the city is offering.

I'm stuck with a capped 300k download/128k upload cable line (cause I ain't gonna pay out the nose for higher downloads, and still get stuck with 128k up).

The city became an ISP a short time ago. The bill shows up just like the water bill. $32.95 a month for 1.5 meg up AND down. The only drawback is I lose my newsgroup access. :S Oh, well, Google it is!

It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Nah. I've got a hard wired CAT5 network in the home, and right now my extra $$$ is going for parts for a new computer and camera flying gear. Eventually I'll go wireless in home too, but not for awhile.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I have dial up at home which is reasonably fast for being dial up. My dial up at work is so freakin slow it drives me nuts. Right now i'm at Phreezone's house taking advantage of his fast as fuck connection. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!