JumpingKayAus

Online Dating - desperately seeking answers!

I met my guy online. Here as a matter of fact. We clicked from the first day. We met for the first time in February and the feelings we had before that just got stronger. The fact that he was willing to fly all the way out here just made me love him more. We live far apart, but we talk every chance we get. Usually 3 or 4 times a day. I'm going out in July to see him and I can't wait!! It's hard, but we both know it's what we want. Eventually I am going to move out that way. We both know it might take a little while,but it's worth the wait.:)
Good luck in whatever you do.:)

"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

>YES, like the next day. WTF??

DJ effect. DJ's you hear on the radio never look like you expect them to look when you see them in person; that bugs a lot of people. Amy and I met on the net, and at first I had no idea what she looked like. (She cheated and looked up my picture in parachutist.) When I first met her I kept staring at her because she looked nothing like what I expected her to look like. It took a few weeks to find the Amy I knew in this unexpected package - and I tend not to care much about looks to begin with. I could see that being a big issue with some people.

Of course, all her friends were claiming I'd turn out to be a 300lb bald guy in a wheelchair too . . .

But you are in the UK. What happens if I totally fall for ya, and I can never see you?

So long as ya dont fall from 13.5k, and besides if ya did thats what that piece of silk is forB|

Ah well nothing ventured, nothing gained, another chance i missed :$, ah well, you should come to the UK anyway just for the blast.

But on the subject of the net and romance, I firmly believe it must be the unknown, the mystery if you like because it must fire up your imagination of what the other person is really like, gets your pulse racing. I dunno never met anyone over the net like that tbh so Im just guessing. From what all the guys and girls here are saying tho you shouldnt have any snags finding a good bloke..... and thats from some one who aint even seen ur picture!!

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

this is a very interesting thread!

A lot of good points have been made, and the only point that I can add to them is that perhaps the expectations were just a bit too high. Personally online relationships confuse the heck out of me--you never know what the intent of the other persons words are..people are continually misunderstood and asumptions are constant. So I think if you have a relationship online with someone and then you meet in person, 1. the "allure" and intrigue is no longer adding the extra "spice", and two, until you can look someone in the eye, I believe at least, your perception is almost guaranteed to be off. It would take a really strong basis and proper communication about where exactly they want it to go and what exactly they are feeling for an online relationship to work "offline". Both people need to commit to put an effort into it that a normal relationship does not demand. And then there is also the chance that this is a person that is addicted to the internet and internet relationships--and in that case an offline would just not be as pleasurable for them and hence the lack of interest. Well, just my 2 cents anyway.

Of course, all her friends were claiming I'd turn out to be a 300lb bald guy in a wheelchair too . . .

Bwahhh and when I met Bill for the first time he was shocked for lack of a better word. He thought I was going to be short, heavy set, with freckles, red hair and 3 inch thick glasses! LOL:P Oh wait! That is exactly what I look like....mirror mirror on the wall....

Oh NOOOO! And I was so looking forward to meeting you when I get to Cali, too. Now you've gone and dashed all my expectations.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Here ya go, Wendy, I'll out Bill. He's actually handsome and muscular! He's also really interesting and has a quick wit. That Amy is a lucky gal! :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Billvonn.JPG

WARNING EARTHLINGS!!!!

Billvon is NOT human. He is a renegade from the planet Zord. His muscles are in fact his Zordian sexual glands bulging from underneath a 4th generation latex skin immitation. As long as he is with us Earth is doomed as he has stolen the key to Gruft, the sacred Zordian religious shrine. They will hunt him down and punish his hosts.

By the way did you realize that he is in fact a skiapod?
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

There could be lots of reasons. You said they were no longer interested/interesting. I'm assuming that one person is no longer interested in you, and you are no longer interested in the other one. Lots of times, as has been mentioned, you build up expectations of how someone looks based on their online comments or their voices, or even what they've said about themselves. I remember when I was answering personal ads ( I met my future wife when I answered hers), how many women said that they were models or ex-models; upon meeting them I was so tempted to ask what the hell were they modelling. Maybe they or you were dissapointed by the actual meeting, comparing it to what they thought it would be like. I've seen your photo, and like everyone else here, would say that you're way too good looking for anyone to be dissapointed in your looks so I'm assuming that didn't happen, but perhaps they're intimidated by your looks.

It could be that now they've satisfied their curiosity, and maybe you've done the same, and no longer are interersted in keeping things going.

Did it change shortly after you met them in person? I know a lot of people that's happened to. I had one women I had a pretty intense relationship with on-line. We met in person, didn't last long - she was pretty annoying in person. (I'm sure I was to her, too.) Currently I have a good friend who I email a lot, but when we're together in person we don't communicate as well. That's OK, though, since we see each other only on weekends. I know a few other people who are the opposite. Everyone's different.

The only real way to do anything is the old fashioned way, you just walk up and say hi. Online dating is a tragedy, like Forest would say, "you never know wha cher gonna get..."

pretty damn close description....'cept for the wheel chair:$

about the intimidation of your beauty....if he was that foolish then you dont need him anyway!
if he couldnt appreciate YOU and your beauty. then he wasnt really in it for the right reasons![:/]

as I said. take your time to get over the hurt and find that smile again!

a smile is a very sexy thing to wear!;)
My photos

My Videos

Hey stranger! I was wondering what happened to you! Mrs. B, you don't need to be so hard on yourself...it will come. I can speak on this subject seeing how I have the "inside" scoop on ya... ;) You're a confident, attractive, no bull-shyt woman who knows what she wants and I think that can intimidate a lot of guys... I think you just need to aim a little higher so as to weed out all the "up-to-no-good" guys and find yourself someone who's ready for the same things you are ya know. In any case, give me a call when you have some time. We've got some catching up to do!
Randy

"pull high! It's lower than you think..."

Hey All~

I would just like to say that you have all been so supportive of me, and so wonderful. All of your advice and stories that you have shared have really impacted me...I see SO many different points of view, and so many different decisions on ways to handle numerous situations. You all should write a book!!;)I am serious!:ph34r:

It's funny, I have been in and out of the house today, on and off of the computer. Everytime I start to think about this crap, I just hop on dz.com, and there is another great story full of insight. (sounds so cheesy, but it's true ;))

I love you guys with all of my heart! Thank you so much for all of your support! (OK, now wait a minute...I have fallen in love with you guys, and have only met a handful of you...oh crap...does this mean that it is happening again?????) :D

IT'S A VICIOUS CIRCLE!!!!!! ;):PB|:D

XOXO

OMG!!! :o:o:oAre you ready for this?????

So, I am all upset about this online dating thing...particularly the last date I went on...and guess who shows up at my doorstep this morning? Uh, not the dude.....but....HIS GIRLFRIEND!!! :o:o:oWholey shit!!!

Apparently they have been living together for two years (The entire time that he and I have been chatting), and he has lied and cheated on her on a contant basis. (poor thing, I feel so bad for her)

So anyways, I invited her in and we chatted for about an hour and a half. I told her everything that she asked to know. She seemed like she needed to vent, so I just let her go on and on while I listened. This girl was beautiful...she had gorgeous eyes, a body to die for, a sparkling personality and HUMONGO booooobies!! If that wasn't enough for this man, I don't know what would be. So, we chatted and then at the end of our conversation, she thanked me from the bottom of her heart for being so receptive and nice. I told her it was the least I could do, being that I felt so bad that this had all happened to her. If I had any idea that this guy was involved in a relationship, I wouldn't have thought twice about going out with him.

AND, just to make sure that he didn't try to make her think that this was all in her head, she asked me if she could take a picture of me....OMG, I could've died!! I said, "Whatever will make you feel better, is fine with me!". So she took a pic of us together, and was happy as a clam!

So...what I have taken from all of this is this:

You can have the most beautiful, perfect, amazing person as your mate, (which this guy had) but if you are not a happy person within, you will never be happy with the person you are with. You may think that you are, but to truly, deeply, love somebody, you need to love yourself first. I know it sounds like a cliche, but it is really the gods honest truth. I have learned this first hand, and it is a VERY valuable lesson that I will carry with me forever.

It's so funny how things change when you least expect it.............B|

I think I would have died. Whats amazing is how much better women seem to handle this. I wonder if it had been a guy if you wouuld have opened the door and eneded up with a bloody nose??

Much respect to her for having the guts to come and talk to you but stay calm about it and to you for being cool with it.

I thought crap ike this only happened on TV??

This wasnt a first for you by anychance was it??:P;)B|

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

Obviously the guy had some deep issues.. it's sad. But then again so did she for putting up with it . (i'm speaking from experience) It's like finally this lightbulb goes off and you say to yourself. "I don't have to be treated like this anymore....." Good for her for being brave and good for you for being so sweet and open with her.

You can have the most beautiful, perfect, amazing person as your mate, (which this guy had) but if you are not a happy person within, you will never be happy with the person you are with. You may think that you are, but to truly, deeply, love somebody, you need to love yourself first. I know it sounds like a cliche, but it is really the gods honest truth.

I'll second that particular cliche:)
Yo JKA....Long time.

Online personalities are just that, a sliver of the whole package. Take my housemate for example, she posted here as CrazyMel. Much of whom she is was visible online. Much was not. People are just far to complex for them to be 'read' accurately online.
In my case I lucked out, Mel is a sweetie but there was a certain amount of adjustment required to reconcile CrazyMel with Melanie and Scratch with Andre.

I suppose the biggest limitation is that online you cannot see the body language and you cannot see their eyes.

P.S.
I love a bit of a tummy;)