JumpingKayAus

Online Dating - desperately seeking answers!

ok, so here's the dillema..The last two people that I went out with, that I met online, have suddenly become not interesting/interested anymore. Now, these are not people that I just met today, yesterday, or even a year ago....we're talking about years of chatting online and phone calls. :D So my question is why does it have to change? I consider, after all of this time, these people to be my friends...I mean true friends. I have shared all of my secrets and problems with them, and them with me. Why does it have to be so awkward now? [:/] And, how can I avoid feeling like this in the future? Any views or similiar stories would really make me feel better. HELP!:(

I think it is just like other relationships...sometimes they work out.....sometimes they don't. I have seen your picture in the online gallery and you are stunningly beautiful. Men must be fighting over you tooth and nail.. people can be married for years and go from friends to enemies...It is awkward when the person you have shared your innermost thoughts with is now distant from you. Every one we meet is a stepping stone....a lesson. Take the positives from the relationship and use that in your future. :)

Hey Kriss,

You are a sweetheart. xo

Men are hardly fighting over me....but you just completely boosted my confidence! Thanx!

Every one we meet is a stepping stone....a lesson. Take the positives from the relationship and use that in your future.

I try to do that....everyday....sometimes it's just hard when you feel like your feelings have been stomped on. :(

I guess I just need to take this experience for what it is and move on.... B|

:PI need to get back in the air!!...get my cahonas

Men are hardly fighting over me....

You're kidding, right?

You're drop-dead gorgeous, how can men not be fighting over you?

Guys like me (average guys) never seem to think they would ever have a chance to date someone like you (really sexy and smart).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hey sweet-pea,

You're drop-dead gorgeous, how can men not be fighting over you?

It's been a while since you have seen me Ag, you never know....I could have developed a little tummy. :P

Guys like me (average guys) never seem to think they would ever have a chance to date someone like you (really sexy and smart).

You give me the date and time.......

;):)B|:ph34r:

You know it could possibly be the allure of the internet. Not actually being in person when discussing certain subjects. Then when you actually meet in person that part of the attraction goes away.

I would not let it get to you. I am sure it has nothing to do with you at all. Even though I do not know you.

As far as how to not feel like that in the future? Well maybe try not getting too close. Do not talk about special things in your life. Other than that I am not positive.

You must also remember that there are some strange people on the internet. Just because they are nice to you in a chat does not necessarily mean that they are normal. Just something to keep in mind although I am sure you are intelligent enough for all of this. :)
Well, just a few thoughts I had. Take Care.

Blue Skies & Safe Landings,
KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!! B|

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

Hi stranger, long time no see.

Everyone knows you can be anything you want to be online. You can change your entire persona to fit any need. The problem with that is when you with someone in real life it is more difficult to hide behind that enter button. There is more of an opportunity for the real you (or them) to come through. You are really beautiful and I'm sure even with a tummy as you say not much has changed except for the fact that you can no longer wear that size 2. (Need a new jumpsuit? The one I replaced the one I sold to you is being retired and should fit!:P)

I guess my point is enter an online relationship with the knowledge that you are only seeing a part of that person and they are only seeing a part of you. Dating and relationships are hard in person but doubly difficult on the internet because you can't see their expressions. Body language is a large part of attraction at least for me.

Hang in there. Go get an air bath. Put on your best smile and pretty soon things will look different.

Hugs,
Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Hey girl! Don't give up! You can meet some really great people from online...and eventually people even stop giving you a hard time for meeting them as well ;)

I agree with Kriss, I think it's just the way of things. I was a huge online chatter a while back (during my unhappily married years) and after a while, people always seemed to kind of drift off into some great abyss. It's kinda like here on DZ.com where most of us first-timers have either shut-up or wondered off (even Freaksis rarely talks with us anymore). If they fade away, then it's probably because being strickly online friends is harder to keep up then seeing someone in person. I even tend to lose track with past co-workers if we both don't make efforts to keep in touch...But I read something once about how there are always going to be friends that are strickly for those certain times in your life. Like some that are the 'high school' friends that you outgrow, then some that are for that time when you got divorced and you needed someone to commiserate and go hot-tubbing naked with, etc, etc...but very few that last a lifetime. Kinda sad, but it makes it easier to enjoy being friends with these people while the time is now knowing that, and easier to not take it personally when you grow apart and go on just naturally.

I've met a ton of people from on here, a few more from chats or whatever, then of course my husband. So, on the other hand, when you actually meet someone you click with in a big way, it can be a very good thing!

If you really want to make sure you don't lose track of someone, make sure you talk on the phone frequently too. It helps make it more real, at least to me. And if I haven't heard from them in a while, I try to email or just say hi now and again, catch up, and just let them know I still think of them.

PM me anytime!

Pammi

I think it is just like other relationships...sometimes they work out.....sometimes they don't. I have seen your picture in the online gallery and you are stunningly beautiful. Men must be fighting over you tooth and nail.. people can be married for years and go from friends to enemies...It is awkward when the person you have shared your innermost thoughts with is now distant from you. Every one we meet is a stepping stone....a lesson. Take the positives from the relationship and use that in your future. :)

Well I dunno, who am I to say. Met this girl on line, then met her in person. Now I am askinge her pretty serious questions;) Never mind the questions, I drive 768.4 miles to see her as often as possible. Ask misskriss, she knows herB|
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

I am trully sorry you've had some bad experiences with relationships online. I too have had a bad one. We met online talked constantly for hours everyday on the phone etc.. I even made a 2200 mile trip to visit her and meet in person. Spent 10days. Had a great time. Once I got home, it was about 2 weeks and it was over.

Now on the other hand, I met my current GF online in a chat room. She wandered online not knowing anything, joined an adult chatroom (dunno what I was doing there ;)hehe:D it was adults ya know) I was a moderator for the chat room. I saw she was from Houston, we started talking and BAM! 2 years later we're living together. I can't say everything is "great" but we're happy. No thoughts of marriage in my future though..

You've gotten some great advice here. If you want to talk, drop me a line. We've never spoken at any length before. Don't let that stop ya.. I've been involved with online chat since 95. So I've seen alot.

Get in the air babe!! B|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."