mnischalke

Something to make you think...

That's true. Except for Good Humor men, they look _really_ sharp. Of course, they're mostly former Marines, so that makes sense.

Rhino! Where are you buddy? Rhino up!!

Kick his ass.:D

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

JJ, don't make me kick yer ass! You are giving away all of our most closely gaurded secrets. Jesus! If you say one word about how this country is run by a secret sect of former Marines, I will have to hunt you down.

edit: just because I misspelled guarded, does not make me illiterate. Dyslexic, maybe.

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

not likely noone else would ever understand anything you said without taking your heads out of the jar..and we all know you'd die of O2 poisoning if that happened..both of the brain cells they leave in after boot would panic and your hearts would stop.

It's funny, but when I joined 12 years ago, I recall the Marine Corps was the only service which required a High School Diploma and had the higest ASVAB requirements. Guess we all just cheated.

Ya know, often times, it's hard being a Marine, when you realize the inferiority of pretty much the rest of humanity especially all those poor folks who join the army, navy and airforce for "the GI bill" and "money for college." Travel and adventure, my ass. I joined because I wanted to be the first kid on my block with a confirmed kill.

Team Green baby, the only way to go. It's the difference between Warriors and the rest of the non-hackers.

mike

How does that old joke go???

A battalion of soldiers was marching through the mountains....when suddenly a lone Marine jumps up on a rock ahead of them and shouts, "Hey Army, kiss my ass!" and then jumps back out of sight.

The battalion commander orders his first platoon, "go and get me that Marine!!! I want his head!!"

The platoon scrambles over the rock, out of sight. Screams are heard, arms and legs go flying...and the Marine hops back up on the rock and asks the commander, "Is that the best you got?"

The commander yells out and orders a whole company to fetch him that Marine. More legs and arms and screams......and sure as shit, the Marine jumps back up on the rock, dusts his sleeves off and yells to the commander, "Did you bring any REAL men with you?"

The commander is so mad he can barely think straight. He send in every man he has left in his battalion. The noise and commotion is horrendous. It sounds like the gates of Hell have been opened. After quite some time, a lone soldier crawls up on the rock....bloody, his clothes ripped to shreds.....and he cries out to his commander," Sir!!! Go back!!!! Run!!! It's a trap...there are two of them!!!!!"
JJ

"Call me Darth Balls"

leave it to a marine to plagarize an old american rifleman joke..:P

last time i checked the marines were the only service who still took criminals..i guess they figured one bullet sponge was as good as any other..

edit: just in case anyone is taking this thread too seriously...poking the predators is a great way to blow off steam

Ya know, often times, it's hard being a Marine, when you realize the inferiority of pretty much the rest of humanity especially all those poor folks who join the army, navy and airforce for "the GI bill" and "money for college." Travel and adventure, my ass. I joined because I wanted to be the first kid on my block with a confirmed kill.

there are plenty of kids in our inner cities with plenty of confirmed kills. Do you think you are something special? Killing a human being is extremely easy. Are you trying to tell me you have achieved anything? And please, cut the duty patriotism and serving your country crap - it's all about the first kill right?B|

jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

Rhino, your second target has been identified. Please confirm.

Meaningless announcements and corresponding non-sensical orders to follow up. The quintessential jarhead wet dream of mindless sanctioned activity.

Here, I'll spare you the effort....

Rhino, your third target has been identified. Please confirm.

;)

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Of course we take criminals.......there are some damn smart crooks out there.

your right, but they dont get caught and join the airforce instead ;)

I was not a Marine. I was in the Navy. We did let the Marines guard our ships though. For practice we would send a seal team in to take over the ship. So much for the Marines. :P

Seriously though Zenister, you might want to do a little research before you start yapping. The Marines have the highest standards for enlistment of all the Armed Forces, and no they do not accept criminals.

Blue Skies
Steve
Ok, so it's pink, but I'm secure in my manhood, and I still look cool coming in under it!

jeez raf
I have to say I agree with at least some of what these people are saying.Just have a little respect, that's all.That kid died defending your right to drive your expensive british SUV through the swoop pond on a drunken binge.....
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

really how come i can walk across the street and touch a marine with a GED? (he did get his high school diploma later) i know very well what the standards are, and exactly how easily they are waived when necessary...and if you are taking this thread seriously you really need to read for depth

the ASVAB is a joke. the fact that any service uses it to measure competency is appalling.

The Marines have the highest standards for enlistment of all the Armed Forces, and no they do not accept criminals

Ya can't build a better criminal if you don't start with good material :)

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Guess they were taken by suprise huh? Sure. I am still trying to sell that bridge if yer interested.

Funny thing. A Marine is the only member of the armed forces who can switch to another service without going through boot camp. Funny how that works. Even a SEAL has to go to boot camp, which is a 17-week program (including 13 weeks at Parris Island or MCRD San Diego and 4 of Marine Combat Training at Lejeune or Pendleton) that turns out servicemen who are 100% special forces trained. Thankyaverrrymuch.B|

mike